False offers of friendship (and false friends)

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Have you ever recieved any false social cues?
Yes 44%  44%  [ 48 ]
Yes 44%  44%  [ 48 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am uncertain 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
I am uncertain 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 108

ArtisticOne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jul 2011, 8:22 am

I've had so many false friendships, I don't feel like I know the meaning of the word "friendship" anymore. There have been times where people say "Oh sure, I'll be your friend", but as soon as other kids started to bully me, those people joined in on it too. I've had people throughout school saying that they'd be my friend, but it seemed as though they would only talk to me if I had a pencil and a blank piece of paper in my hand. (I taught myself to draw when I was younger.) Other than that, they wouldn't know me from a hole in the wall. Even after graduating (and we had exchanged e-mail addresses), do you think I heard from ANY of them even ONCE?! NO!

There was even a person in middle school that I thought was my friend, but she turned out to be a (insert unfriendly word here). She came over my house once, and all she would do was talk trash! She even went so far as to ruin several of my mother's small cross stitch patterns by writing insults about my brother on them! What really made me say "GTFO" was when she called my house saying that "if I didn't call her every day, then I shouldn't be her friend anymore." Guess what? Haven't seen or spoken to her since. :twisted:

I've been used by people claiming to be my friends too! One person claimed to be my friend, but she only used me so I could do her homework for her. Lazy (insert another unfriendly word here)! What makes things worse is, when bullies or supposed "friends" see you years later, they try to talk to you as if nothing ever happened! :evil:

I'm sure others can relate... I hope.