Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Apr 2016, 9:04 pm

I had a question about trying to get in the business of (fake) pro-wrestling. I wanted to enter as a manager/valet though I tried at first incorrectly not knowing better. But I have anxiety trying to shake hands with introducing workers due to the fear of leaving a bad reputation. Plus being from Wisconsin having people like Silas Young(Ring of Honor), Beer City Bruiser(Ring of Honor)and a more famous case being Ken Anderson. So I know there's going to be a standard set for wrestlers from Wisconsin could be missing more. So anxiety is high there.

I have a wrestler in Minnesota who is willing to help and use me and fix rough edges as a manager/valet. Another person wants to at least see me in the ring or managing/valet

Also, I know I will have to take speech classes and acting (improv) since my nervousness can be evident when speaking mainly being a interview.

I have Asperger's,schizoaffective disorder,ADHD and a possible Personality Disorder. I want to but I don't know if it'll be possible with what I have. Even if I lose enough weight. I fear I'll end up being the Wisconsin version of Eva Marie in X-Pac heat terms.

Does anyone think it's possible to go into the business with what I have or will it be harder or should I give up? I am willing work on the weaknesses I have.

I do have a backup if entering the business backfires or doesn't work. Which would be Makeup Artist, Graphic design or something with Illustration.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 2:32 am

It's somethng that requires a lot of social skills.

Managers have to constantly meet new people, talk to new people to organize stuff.

Wrestlers, if you mean the WWE kind, are usually performers and actors. You can be an actor with Asperger's, and I am interested myself, but it's an extra effort.

If you mean something more small-scale, than you probably wouldn't have to be an actor except for the fake fighting.

But, you clearly are very passionate about this and know what to do (classes and such) so i wish you good luck and no, don't think it's hopeless for you.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Apr 2016, 8:12 am

another wrestling fan originally from Milwaukee :P

I wouldn't get into it thinking you're going to make a living, just do it because you love it if you do. I moved from the area a couple years ago but I remember Silas Young, Dinty Moore, and Ken Andersen(Austin Aries is from here too!) from shows 15 years ago almost so these guys have put in years and years of work on the local and regional scene which does not pay much at all and requires a ridiculous amount of travel. Most of these guys have a 'real job' that they go back too when they're not wrestling up until they reach a certain level of success. Give it your best shot, see how far your passion gets you, the training they do is just as much or more about weeding people out who can't cut it rather than just moves and safety. Good luck!

With wrestling, it is show business that's going to require a lot of social interactions but I think someone can compensate their issues with passion, talent, athleticism, and whether or not they have 'the look'.

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2016, 3:59 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I wouldn't get into it thinking you're going to make a living, just do it because you love it if you do. I moved from the area a couple years ago but I remember Silas Young, Dinty Moore, and Ken Andersen(Austin Aries is from here too!) from shows 15 years ago almost so these guys have put in years and years of work on the local and regional scene which does not pay much at all and requires a ridiculous amount of travel. Most of these guys have a 'real job' that they go back too when they're not wrestling up until they reach a certain level of success. Give it your best shot, see how far your passion gets you, the training they do is just as much or more about weeding people out who can't cut it rather than just moves and safety. Good luck!

With wrestling, it is show business that's going to require a lot of social interactions but I think someone can compensate their issues with passion, talent, athleticism, and whether or not they have 'the look'.

I never had the intention of making it a living no need to worry, it's a case of doing it for the sport and because of loving the sport. I do know that about the paying won't be great, that's why I have a backup plan with either graphic design, and Illustration. I am thinking of a third backup. Thing is I have a hard time finding a job due to me being on Probation, my arrest record and lack of job history. At this point, I have to put it on hold until the state is paid off.

It really is, social interactions are rough for me since I was struggling with interaction since I was young which the interaction turning into bullying with adults(teachers)and kids. I know I need to build self-esteem for the business as well and dealing with rumors. I remember a rule for being a ring rat from ring crew for AAW wrestling and another wrestler to verify it. If a girl sleeps with more than 3 people who are co-workers or promoters, it can land a female into ring rat territory.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:25 pm

EnmaLionheart wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I never had the intention of making it a living no need to worry, it's a case of doing it for the sport and because of loving the sport. I do know that about the paying won't be great, that's why I have a backup plan with either graphic design, and Illustration. I am thinking of a third backup. Thing is I have a hard time finding a job due to me being on Probation, my arrest record and lack of job history. At this point, I have to put it on hold until the state is paid off.

It really is, social interactions are rough for me since I was struggling with interaction since I was young which the interaction turning into bullying with adults(teachers)and kids. I know I need to build self-esteem for the business as well and dealing with rumors. I remember a rule for being a ring rat from ring crew for AAW wrestling and another wrestler to verify it. If a girl sleeps with more than 3 people who are co-workers or promoters, it can land a female into ring rat territory.

Is Frankie DeFalco still training people out of BCW? Frankie use to promise to give people who complete his training(think old school, they rough you up) :lol: ) at least one match or appearance at one of his shows. I dunno, I've been away for awhile. The Midwest independent wrestling circuit is just a great place and I think where most of the great independent wrestling in this country happens, I miss it because it isn't out here.

I feel you with the bully teachers, did you go to MPS too? I feel like MPS damaged me for life, good way to get you ready for institutionalization.

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm

Jacoby wrote:
EnmaLionheart wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Is Frankie DeFalco still training people out of BCW? Frankie use to promise to give people who complete his training(think old school, they rough you up) :lol: ) at least one match or appearance at one of his shows. I dunno, I've been away for awhile. The Midwest independent wrestling circuit is just a great place and I think where most of the great independent wrestling in this country happens, I miss it because it isn't out here.

I feel you with the bully teachers, did you go to MPS too? I feel like MPS damaged me for life, good way to get you ready for institutionalization.

I believe so also been recommended Angel Armoni by workers as well. Debating between the two. As long as it's not a guy who warped my head up about wrestling.The owner of Real Extreme Wrestling Federation or REWF for short owner Jeff Briggs.

Awww. That sucks. :(

Yes and I got the worst of it going to after elementary. Everything that was supposed to be personal was aired at Morse I almost committed suicide multiple times, skipped classes at Morse to avoid humiliation by teachers and staff. Principal at the time intentionally made me late for class and snickered about it.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 2:08 pm

I think you should go for it.

Both feet, all in.

Most people hate their jobs, you have a chance to do something that sounds like great fun,very difficult though, but fun.
If you don't give it your best shot you will regret it when the opportunity is gone.
Also, when everyone is old and posting her from their Nursing Homes, you will have all the best stories.

regarding the ring rat thing.
Sleep with the biggest, meanest wrestler once, just once, and leave him wanting more. If anyone talks crap about you then he will rip their head off.

previous convictions can seem like a problem, but if you are upfront about them you can use it to your advantage. If you bring up the subject, you can say how it made you turn things around and you are taking that second chance, the person is now forced to accept that or look like a nasty a***hole.
Who doesn't believe in second chances? nasty a***holes that's who.

Go for it, all in.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm

EnmaLionheart wrote:

I believe so also been recommended Angel Armoni by workers as well. Debating between the two. As long as it's not a guy who warped my head up about wrestling.The owner of Real Extreme Wrestling Federation or REWF for short owner Jeff Briggs.

Awww. That sucks. :(

Yes and I got the worst of it going to after elementary. Everything that was supposed to be personal was aired at Morse I almost committed suicide multiple times, skipped classes at Morse to avoid humiliation by teachers and staff. Principal at the time intentionally made me late for class and snickered about it.

I remember Angel Armoni, he's been training people for a long time I think so he'd probably be a good choice. Don't know who Jeff Briggs is. I hadn't realized how much success some of these local guys have had lately, pretty cool to see guys I saw in a smokey backroom at some AMF Lanes in Waukesha more than 10 years ago finally make it. I really enjoyed going to independent shows, it's pretty cool to have seen guys that have gone on to be stars back when they first started out.

I've never heard anything good about Morse, I had a friend that went there that was picked on pretty bad. Then again I haven't really heard anything good about any MPS school. I went to Hamilton which based on location you wouldn't think is that bad but it was so I just skipped a lot until I just didn't go at all, my therapist wanted me to go to to school Kradwell but MPS flatly refused to pay for it even tho every other district in the state I believe is required by law to pay for services they can't get with in the school district except Milwaukee which is totally messed up if you asked me. Eventually they just sent a teacher to my house twice a week for a couple hours in this 'Home and Hospital' program which is how I even passed high school since I was getting some Animal House-esqe 0.00 GPAs.

The teachers and administration in MPS left a lot to be desired to say the least. I had more than a few teachers that decided to personally feud with me for some reason even tho I was never the one being loud or disrupting(which usually got ignored in MPS) Like I had one that would just point at me and kick me out of the classroom, the other kids actually thought it was funny because it was totally for no reason. Administration is almost universally awful, I think those are the only people that rise to those positions since teachers in MPS usually fell into two categories, young & naive with no idea what the hell they're getting themselves into and then the grizzled vet that does not give a ****. I had at least 3 teachers walk off the job, I don't think it was the typical school experience and is something that will permanently affect my mental status and way of thinking. I don't think anybody that had the money to do otherwise would send their kid to MPS, at least not for middle or high school.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jul 2017, 6:37 am

for my aspergers,i'm just like WWE's Dean Ambrose:Unstable (how crazy i get about anything exciting & anything that easily aggravates me),Randy Orton:Uncontrollable & Stone Cold:Defiant (not being Conformitive) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DemonAbyss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2017, 6:10 pm

It is definitely doable with some work and if you know the right people.

I thought about getting into the local amatuer circuit (which has some famous names in it, notably Sandman and Gene Snitsky, who I know personally as a family friend, long story.). Could be a thing for me since I have had offers from Snitsky to train me for it. Been kinda really thinking of accepting the offer lately due to being unemployed yet again.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2017, 8:49 pm

i come from 3 generations of fans from my father's side & 4 or 5 from my mother's

aspiesoldier
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2018, 1:50 am

as an aspie,i've always avoided eye-contact with girls in school :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: with the use of uttering matches that allow the use of weapons as a way of virtually & physically smashing the superstars on the WWE'S bad guy roster,along with smashing them