Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 2:33 pm

Teenage years: Heavy periods, bad cramping
20s: A little bit better. A medication I take had the off-label effect of thinning my blood, so the cramping wasn't so bad.
30s: Not too painful physically, but I would get down emotionally
40s: At age 46, in 2011, I had one period that was very heavy and lasted an entire month. I was on the verge of needing a transfusion, because my hemoglobin was so low. Thankfully, I got over that.
52: Haven't had a period in nearly a year. Hopefully done for good.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2016, 6:33 pm

Back before I had an IUD put in, I always had to take pills whenever I got my period and it would take about 30 minutes for them to kick in for the pain to go away. I would feel it in my back and upper legs and it would feel like I was constipated. I couldn't tell if I had to poop or if I was getting my period unless I saw blood. But back when I was on birth control, I knew when it would come and they were light and medium and not heavy, they were pain free. Then I stopped taking them and it took a while for the pain to come back and then I tried depo shots but it took away my sex drive so I stopped it. I just went along with taking Tylenol. It's over the counter and it worked with menstrual cramps. Now I have an IUD, my period is very light and irregular and pain free. I was put on birth control at 13 because I was so over sensitive due to hormones and plus my periods were very irregular they would come early. Like I would be done with my period only to get it a week later.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 11:01 pm

I would get pain in the right lower quadrant of my abdomen, where my appendix is. There were times I thought I would have to go to hospital for surgery.