Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 6:08 pm

Andreger wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
It's an amazing book.
Caused me to re-examine a lot of things in my life and it might do you some good.

It can't hurt.

And what's it about? I'm now trying to read "Battle cry of freedom" about American Civil War, so don't have time for one more which is far from topics which concern me, even if it's really great one.

It's about his life and it's really good.

It's better than anything I've read in years for just making you think, rather than reading to kill time or fall asleep...or poo.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 6:29 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Andreger wrote:
And what's it about? I'm now trying to read "Battle cry of freedom" about American Civil War, so don't have time for one more which is far from topics which concern me, even if it's really great one.

It's better than anything I've read in years for just making you think, rather than reading to kill time or fall asleep...or poo.

Something about his difficult relations with parents?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 6:36 pm

Andreger wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
Andreger wrote:

Something about his difficult relations with parents?

Read it.

read it

read it.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Read it.

read it

read it.

Strange answer. You are exactly like my mother. Can you say "yes" or "no" on that simple question?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 6:51 pm

Andreger wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
Read it.

read it

read it.

Strange answer. You are exactly like my mother. Can you say "yes" or "no" on that simple question?

I am contrary so I cannot answer that.
I'm not trying to be difficult but you need to expand your horizons as it were, quit the narrow focus, nudge nudge wink wink

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 8:37 pm

Of course they'd only have Hitler as an example. Most people like to believe no one could actually hate their parents even if they were horrible, unless the child was horrible themselves. If my own parents said they hated me, my heart would probably stop and I'd die. Not that they ever would say that and they are definitely not horrible. But it's not a perfect world, and not all parents are meant to be parenting.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 6:43 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Of course they'd only have Hitler as an example. Most people like to believe no one could actually hate their parents even if they were horrible, unless the child was horrible themselves. If my own parents said they hated me, my heart would probably stop and I'd die. Not that they ever would say that and they are definitely not horrible. But it's not a perfect world, and not all parents are meant to be parenting.

Ok, I'm glad I have at least one role model.