Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Novac96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2016, 3:41 pm

^^^ I've known that I liked girls since I was about ten years old-- I know, that seems young. However, it truly was not until I was about thirteen that I fell in love for the first time, with the same girl that, unfortunately, I have difficulty moving on from, even though I'm pretty sure that she doesn't like me at all... It's a really long, dark story...

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 3:45 pm

^Aww. :( Hugs: :heart:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Novac96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2016, 4:17 pm

^ It's okay, truly... I've been coping with my depressive bouts that stem from thinking about her too much better over the past year or so than I was, say, a year and a half to two or three years ago...

I know that this may seem so sudden and off-topic, but could you please PM me? I so far have no friends on this site.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 4:20 pm

^PM ahoy! :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 4:25 pm

Novac96 wrote:
^^^ I've known that I liked girls since I was about ten years old-- I know, that seems young. However, it truly was not until I was about thirteen that I fell in love for the first time, with the same girl that, unfortunately, I have difficulty moving on from, even though I'm pretty sure that she doesn't like me at all... It's a really long, dark story...

I knew I liked girls when I was eleven, so that's only a year younger than me. ^^

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 4:28 pm

Not many people know that I'm lesbian. I don't talk much at all, anyway.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 4:52 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Not many people know that I'm lesbian. I don't talk much at all, anyway.

Same here. I talk so rarely that rumors have gone around that I'm mute! I don't interact much with other students at school.

But if I do somehow start a conversation with someone, I might mention that I'm gay if that kind of thing comes up. I also wear rainbow stuff and am in the GSA.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 6:49 pm

^I will talk if someone talks to me, but I hardly make conversation. Plus my voice is usually soft, mumbling, and husky, so it sometimes takes a bit to actually talk.

Novac96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2016, 8:16 pm

^^ I'm only "out" to people who are my friends (or who used to be, anyway), my psychologist (who is extremely supportive of me and will assist me in coming out to other people), and two of my teachers at school. I once attempted to come out to my mother when I was thirteen, yet she simply didn't believe me and thought that I was "too young" to have a grasp on as to what my sexual orientation is. It was very painful for me to hear that. I have a feeling that many other family members, when/if I ever come out to them, will pass remarks such as "you're too pretty to be gay!" and things of that nature.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 8:28 pm

Novac96 wrote:
^^ I'm only "out" to people who are my friends (or who used to be, anyway), my psychologist (who is extremely supportive of me and will assist me in coming out to other people), and two of my teachers at school. I once attempted to come out to my mother when I was thirteen, yet she simply didn't believe me and thought that I was "too young" to have a grasp on as to what my sexual orientation is. It was very painful for me to hear that. I have a feeling that many other family members, when/if I ever come out to them, will pass remarks such as "you're too pretty to be gay!" and things of that nature.

:(

Eventually she'll be forced to believe it, I think. My mom doubted me at first, but then she started to believe me. (Not to say she completely understands.)

Novac96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2016, 4:28 am

^ I sometimes wonder if she doesn't want me to like girls because then I would further deviate from "normal." She has no problem with LGBT people overall-- I know I have at least one gay male and one lesbian older cousin who are quite some years ahead of me in life-- it's just that she doesn't want me to be queer. Being an Aspie, having practically no friends, and having rather odd interests for my age (I like some typical young adult things such as anime, creative writing, and art, but I also love psychology, anthropology, sociology, non-mainstream leftist politics, and foreign languages) all further me from that yardstick of "normal."

Can you please PM me, too? I just love finally having some lesbian Aspies who know what I'm going through!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 7:49 am

'Normal' is overrated and non-existent. Everyone is special! :)

Novac96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2016, 10:29 am

Most "normal" people tell me that I'm scary. I think they're downright terrifying. :P

One day, someday, somehow, I am going to come out, and prove to them that I am not an entirely-isolated, mute, living-under-a rock creature.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 11:08 am

^You go, girl! :lol: :cheers: I'm like a rock creature myself, except I'm fuzzy and cute. :heart:

DHope29
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2017, 2:43 am

Hey ladies, so I stumbled upon this website by accident but I'm really glad I did. I realized I was gay around the age of 11-12, and I got pissed off, because it just seemed like one more thing to make my life difficult. (Small country town) but I know that my sexuality has made me who I am today, it's given me a compassion, an empathy, and an open mind that I might otherwise not have had so let the pride flag wave :-)) just looking to connect with some women that are going through similar things. This is my first post, hope it was ok haha and semi-relevant

gendoyle0
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2017, 8:17 am

Never used this site before :) I hope this is the right way to reply to your post.
But yeah, I'm an aspie. And a lesbian. The only autists I've ever known have been guys. While we get on like a house on fire as friends, it would be nice to, y'know... Meet an aspie female. Let alone one who's into girls. I don't think it'll ever happen irl. In the meantime, it's nice to know I'm not the only anomaly out there. So hey guys. :heart: