Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 1:23 pm

Well, the title says all. I hope you would all feel comfortable enough to share stories, or just talk. :D
As for me, it took me a long time to realize that I was lesbian, even though for years and years I have always been attracted to girls and bishonen boys [pretty boys] in Anime, Manga, and Video Games.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm

Me~! ^^

I came out a couple years ago~. I started thinking I was gay when I was ten, and became sure of it when I was fourteen. I had a crush on my best friend (still do, actually).

For me it was also related to anime; I discovered yuri and basically became addicted to it. Lol. ^^

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 5:20 pm

^Hi! I like your username. 8)
I'm constantly frustrated that there are hardly any fantasy yuri manga out there [the closest I've found is Lyrical Nanoha, which I recommend whole-heartedly, especially since Nanoha and Fate raise a child together]. I almost feel like writing my own. I have, at least, written a fantasy novel in which most of the main cast are gay or lesbian.
Do you have a favourite yuri manga/anime?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2016, 6:06 pm

Hullo! I am one, too. *unites* We're struck with the double-whammy of aspie and gay - a mix very difficult to find that makes life even more difficult than it would be if you were just one of those.

I came out when I was 16 to friends as bisexual. I'm not sure why, because a few years later I realised there's no way I like men like *that*. I didn't tell my mum until 2013 because she would always make these horrible comments about lesbians. She didn't speak to me for two weeks when she finally found out, but only because I waited so long to tell her. She's fine with the gay part! It's all good now, though.

I've recently come out of a long-term relationship that I thought would last forever, so naturally very heartbroken at the moment. Major girlfriend withdrawals.

I don't know any other gay people (men or women) which is a shame because relating to others can really help. The aspie part of me makes finding those friends very difficult.

Anyway, hi other rare people! :)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm

^Hi! Nice to meet you!
I'm glad that my mum is totally fine with me being lesbian. My dad is too, but I think it's going to take him awhile to accept that I'm in love with someone far away. Hopefully this summer will change that. :)

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2016, 6:31 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Hi! Nice to meet you!
I'm glad that my mum is totally fine with me being lesbian. My dad is too, but I think it's going to take him awhile to accept that I'm in love with someone far away. Hopefully this summer will change that. :)

I've had a long distance relationship. Can't say, now, that I recommend them. Great if it works out, the worst pain ever if it suddenly doesn't. Good luck anyway!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 6:38 pm

^Thank you. Is that your kitty?

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2016, 6:43 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Thank you. Is that your kitty?

Yes, he's called Rufus T Firefly and he's a Bengal. Doesn't every lesbian have a cat? Haha. :lol:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:26 pm

I am lesbian, yet I have been asking for a kitty for years with no luck [yet, amusingly, my special someone has several cats and kittens at her house]. I hope I can get an Autism Support Cat soon.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 7:05 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Hi! I like your username. 8)
I'm constantly frustrated that there are hardly any fantasy yuri manga out there [the closest I've found is Lyrical Nanoha, which I recommend whole-heartedly, especially since Nanoha and Fate raise a child together]. I almost feel like writing my own. I have, at least, written a fantasy novel in which most of the main cast are gay or lesbian.
Do you have a favourite yuri manga/anime?

Most of the anime I watch is slice of life with yuri undertones, stuff like Kin-iro Mosaic. ^^

I like Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (particularly the anime, not the manga as much) even though it's kind of surreal~.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 7:39 pm

^Oh, I've heard of Kashimashi. I've been meaning to check it out. Surreal is good; I like it! :lol:

Novac96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2016, 7:48 pm

All that I have to say is, is that it's refreshing to actually find a way to connect with other queer/lesbian Aspies! :D I never thought that I would ever be able to talk to any!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 7:58 pm

^Well, nice to meet you! :) 8)

I eventually figured out that I was lesbian when I realized that I was staring admiringly at girls [especially girls with braids] when I was at school and out and about. :lol: For some reason I kept telling myself to stop it, as if I could supress my feelings. :scratch:

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:04 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Well, nice to meet you! :) 8)

I eventually figured out that I was lesbian when I realized that I was staring admiringly at girls [especially girls with braids] when I was at school and out and about. :lol: For some reason I kept telling myself to stop it, as if I could supress my feelings. :scratch:

I realized I was gay when I couldn't stop staring at a certain girl at school.

Unlike you, I didn't try to suppress it. At all. I think that girl was really creeped out by me! Lol~.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 8:07 am

^I have an extremely intense stare, even when I'm thinking about other things, staring off into space. :) :lol:

Novac96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2016, 3:41 pm

^^^ I've known that I liked girls since I was about ten years old-- I know, that seems young. However, it truly was not until I was about thirteen that I fell in love for the first time, with the same girl that, unfortunately, I have difficulty moving on from, even though I'm pretty sure that she doesn't like me at all... It's a really long, dark story...