Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 1:59 pm

Hello,
today in school i was on the verge of a meltdown all day. What should i do when this happens?

DrHouseHasAspergers
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2016, 2:07 pm

What calms you down? I listen to the same song repeatedly when I get upset and think I might have a meltdown. I also try to remove all demands on me (academic and social) by isolating myself the best I can (sometimes leaving the classroom isn't feasible).

Do you have an accommodation for going to a quiet place for some alone time if necessary? If not, it might be a good idea. Or you could ask to go to the bathroom if you need a break. You can get 5-10 minutes of quiet usually before teachers get concerned.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 3:07 pm

Well it sucks, but You have to do what ever calms you down.

Last edited by Pieplup on 19 Apr 2016, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 3:10 pm

Think of something that makes you happy.

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 6:00 pm

I get this way, too. My solution is to do whatever I can to get through the work or school day without a meltdown until I can get someplace where I will be alone for a few hours. Once I'm alone and safe, I let myself have the meltdown. For me, it's better to get through it because if I don't, I will be on the verge of a meltdown for days, and it might happen without my control in a public place or where I will regret it. Once the meltdown is over, I can recover from it and feel better, and no one had to know that it happened at all.