Hello everyone, I am new here. ADHD, ASD & PTSD.(Kinda long)

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Tobjan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2016, 9:29 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Tobias and I am a 21 year old guy from a small town in Sweden. I got diagnosed with ADHD / Autism Spectrum Disorder when I was a kid around 2003. And as I got sexual abused by a guy in a family which I was in due to that my mom needed some own time and so did I. When I was around 8 to 9 years old, which caused me to develop PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) in which I have nightmares/flashbacks of when it happens or nightmares of me confronting the guy who did it to me and for example saying what happened to his parents and then see them laugh (In the dream) is not so funny...

Anyways beside that I am here to find like minded people that knows what it feels like and perhaps find new friends as I don't really have any friend(s) with Autism Spectrum Disorder except that my two big brothers that I have might have some type of diagnosis. As Mikael (Swedish name for Michael) likes to collect magnets for his fridgerator (themes like Christmas, Disney figures and other things in general) so I highly suspect Aspergers. And my other brother Mattias whom have said to my mom at some point that he have always had trouble with the social part so he is talking to someone and presumeably gonna get a diagnosis we'll see.

Other than that what more can I say, I am currently awaiting to see if I am gonna start medication for my ADHD next month in May. Whatever medicine that will be and speaking of that I am also wondering if there is anyone here that has the same diagnoses/diagnosis as me that takes medicine that works good with both ADHD & Autism? Any tips or comments regarding this highly appreciated to 100%. And also not to mention how you felt before medication and after. If you don't want to write here you can write a message to me if you'd like.

What else can I say. I struggle with social skills and problems with keeping a conversation alive. Tired of being misunderstood and teased at (not so much anymore but it have occured..)
Looking to improve my social skills somewhat and sometimes I just wish that I never gotten adhd/autism because it have caused so many problem(s) for me both in school and regarding lack of impulse control etc. Angry outbursts etc...
You name it.

I do know for a fact that I can write and express myself more with text than with words/verbally. Mainly because I kinda have a fear of what people will think about one if you say something, fear of saying something that may offend or how the other people react.

Current state somewhat depressed and sad. And there have been times where I have wondered if it's me who don't understand or if it is people who don't understand me. (Feeling of being dumb but like my mom says that I am not dumb but that I am smart). So confusing really :?

Anyways that was all I could think about if you have any question(s) about me or something you want to know feel free to ask :) and I will try and be as active as I can on this website. (I play alot of video games that takes my time unfortunatly.. heh)

RinpocheMacGuffin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2016, 10:11 pm

Välkommen till de 'Rätt' Planet Tobjan och nya vänner :)

Dragon Dreamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm

Welcome. I also joined recently and have PTSD and depression. I hope we both can feel better soon.

SuperTetraVortex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2016, 12:38 am

Hi, I just joined the forum too. I also have Aspergers and ADHD, and I also was abused a lot as a child. I haven't been able to get much medication treatment, so I can't provide much info on that. Its nice to meet you though.

Tobjan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2016, 1:35 pm

Dragon Dreamer wrote:
Welcome. I also joined recently and have PTSD and depression. I hope we both can feel better soon.

Yeah I hope so to and thank you for the welcome Dragon Dreamer. Do you get therapy for your PTSD or how do you manage it?

SuperTetraVortex wrote:
Hi, I just joined the forum too. I also have Aspergers and ADHD, and I also was abused a lot as a child. I haven't been able to get much medication treatment, so I can't provide much info on that. Its nice to meet you though.
It hurts to read that you also got abused as a child :/ I hope that you can get some help for it and just to feel better overall. And hopefully if you now want medication treatment. Nice to meet you too :)

RinpocheMacGuffin wrote:
Välkommen till de 'Rätt' Planet Tobjan och nya vänner :D

Haha, thank you for the welcome :) I can see a bit of Google translation there.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2016, 3:18 pm

Hey Tobias welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2016, 3:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2016, 8:59 pm

Welcome to WP! Hope you enjoy it here.

martianmary
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Apr 2016, 9:11 am

Hello

Tobjan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2016, 12:53 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
Hey Tobias welcome. :sunny:

Thank you for your welcome RoadRatt :)

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Thank you :)

TheAP wrote:
Welcome to WP! Hope you enjoy it here.

Thank you so much and I hope so too :heart:

martianmary wrote:
Hello

Hello to you too martianmary :)

Thank you all for the warm welcomes everyone of you :heart:

shinkansen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2016, 4:19 am

Tobjan wrote:
Hello everyone. My name is Tobias and I am a 21 year old guy from a small town in Sweden. I got diagnosed with ADHD / Autism Spectrum Disorder when I was a kid around 2003.

Hello Tobias,

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Sorry for my late welcome. 4 months too late !

Like you, I also have ADHD and autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ADHD was first and then ASD about one year later.

Have you started your ADHD medication ? For ADHD, I take Concerta, a slow release methylphenidate. I am happy to discuss this via a message.

Regards - Shinkansen