Made an account because I can't stand it anymore!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

catidol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2016, 11:46 pm

Hello! This community seems very nice so I hope I can enjoy it here. I'm sorry my first post here has to be full of ranting, but this seems like the best place to do it!

I just can't stand being around people who don't understand. I have to live with my parents and my sister because I cannot go to school or have a job (right now at least, I try to stay positive and hope I can "get better" and go in the future). My sister is constantly thinking I'm "fighting" her whenever I talk and always gets my parents on her side. She is too old to act like this (teenager) yet she doesn't stop and my parents love to shelter and baby her. She also likes to copy me, it gets to the point where I've wanted to kill her for real but I don't feel like going to jail because of such a stupid person. She does not have any mental illness or autism (for sure, my parents would take her to a doctor if she had any signs) yet she will copy my symptoms. She will act like "oh I can't do it" when she can but just doesn't want to put in the effort. There I things I honestly can't do and it makes me so mad to see someone with the ability to live a normal life play "victim" while I have to sit here and watch people give her attention and baby her over it. She always blames her problems on things that are "out of her control" when she's just an entitled brat. She will also copy my interests and the smallest things like my favorite color, she never liked these things before and having watched her grow up I can tell when she's "copying". There is nothing I can do about this because when I try to confront her on it she gets my parents involved who will then tell me to stop being rude. That is another problem with my family because they always think I am being rude or fighting or insulting when I'm just trying to talk! It's been like this my whole life and I'm really getting tired of it, especially since I no longer have school or a job to escape too.

Sorry again for the rant. I've come here to interact and watch people who are reasonable and understand. I have friends who I don't have problems with, if only I could live with them lol! People make me so mad so often, and judging by what I see on here you guys dislike all the neurotypicals for the same reasons! I really hope for the day I can live on my own, go to college, and even have a job though I fear it will never happen based on my previous attempts. My family causes me too much stress, after trying so many times to make things better and clear up misunderstandings I know that the only path to happiness is to move out. Some people just can't get along or understand each other no matter what you do! For now I hope I can waste my time here!

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 12:21 am

Quote:
People make me so mad so often, and judging by what I see on here you guys dislike all the neurotypicals for the same reasons!

I have nothing against neurotipicals. Sure there are a**holes among them but the same could be said for any demographic including the autistic community. Disliking all neurotipicals is reverse ableist (discriminating against those without a disability), and they also make up the vast majority of the world's population. I understand if you dislike your sister for doing that annoying stuff, but don't extend that to others.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

I can sort of relate with what you are saying, there was this one time just over 2 years ago where my mom stopped taking my autism seriously for a while (as well as a bunch of other things going badly) and I remember that as the worst few months of my life. I was punished for things that I couldn't help and I didn't know enough about autism at the time to explain it, plus I was sort of in denial about being that different until just a few months ago.

Your situation definitely sounds like an annoying one. I hope you are able to get that sorted soon.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

catidol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2016, 12:34 am

mikeman7918 wrote:
Quote:
People make me so mad so often, and judging by what I see on here you guys dislike all the neurotypicals for the same reasons!

I have nothing against neurotipicals. Sure there are a**holes among them but the same could be said for any demographic including the autistic community. Disliking all neurotipicals is reverse ableist (discriminating against those without a disability), and they also make up the vast majority of the world's population. I understand if you dislike your sister for doing that annoying stuff, but don't extend that to others.

Oops, I didn't mean to come off as hating all neurotypicals! What you said is exactly true! I meant to say that you guys (not all of you but a good amount) get annoyed by them for the same reasons I do, so it's easier to relate. I was feeling angry when typing about my family so I said that :P

Thank you for the welcome!

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 9:58 am

catidol wrote:
Oops, I didn't mean to come off as hating all neurotypicals! What you said is exactly true! I meant to say that you guys (not all of you but a good amount) get annoyed by them for the same reasons I do, so it's easier to relate. I was feeling angry when typing about my family so I said that :P

Thank you for the welcome!

That's OK, most of us here suck at communication and I have been misunderstood a few times myself. :wink:

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

Do you know of anywhere you can find someone to talk to about your struggles living there, I feel it would be very beneficial if you found a counselor or some kind of outlet to give you support and understand how such an environment affects your mental health, it doesn't sound like a place that you can get any saner in!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 2:54 pm

Welcome to WP! Sorry to hear about your problems with your family.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 3:40 pm

Hey catidol welcome. :sunny:

catidol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2016, 4:30 pm

DancingCorpse wrote:
Do you know of anywhere you can find someone to talk to about your struggles living there, I feel it would be very beneficial if you found a counselor or some kind of outlet to give you support and understand how such an environment affects your mental health, it doesn't sound like a place that you can get any saner in!

Ya I have a counselor and some online friends who I complain too, but counselor wise none have really been able to do anything to help that issue specifically so I just have to deal with it until I can leave. We mostly talk about getting me to college right now though.

Thank you everyone for the welcomes!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

aspieinaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2016, 4:59 pm

Hi, welcome! What are your obstacles for going to college? Any chance you could take some online classes or one or two classes at a community college? The second would get you out of the house for a while and it might help you work towards a job that could get you out of the house for good.