What do I do with the rest of my life?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 10:14 am

Count cards and make a date with the famous dancing hooker.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2007, 10:52 am

Quote:
I'm 30 yr old male, never had a girlfriend or any friends. I dont know anyone outside of work and still live at home. I can't relate at all to anyone. I feel I'm so far behind that I cant catch up. What should I do?

Get laid.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Apr 2007, 11:02 am

i think everyones trying to find that thing to do to occupy your time, for me its collecting my favorite things and drinking on the weekends :D i cant be arsed to do anyting else

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 11:22 am

knutella, sounds similar to my situation.

0_equals_true wrote:
Anyway I’ll tell you what I’ve learnt so far. If you want to pm me. I'm not going to tell you everything in once go that would overwhelm you and it wouldn't help. I can only help you with the friendship thing I'm still working on the rest of it.

Btw I would say I only have 2 friends that I would consider close, that I feel I can trust. That is a big deal for me. It took me months to get over the feeling they would reject me. I'd be quite happy with that for the rest of my life. It is not about numbers. I also have various people who I see everyone and then you don't get there staring away. Also there are loads of stuff that seem obvious in hindsight like different types of friends, etc.

I have a HUGE problem with thinking people are going to reject me. That's why I'm scared to call this one person I know a friend.

If you've got magic info on how to get friends, please post it :D

willem
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 5:09 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
I have a HUGE problem with thinking people are going to reject me. That's why I'm scared to call this one person I know a friend

When you're really scared a certain thing might happen, it helps a lot to imagine it really does happen. For instance, in this case, imagine talking with that person and him/her saying "I don't want to know you anymore. You are dumb, boring, irritating and ugly, and the way you move your nose just freaks me out". (It also helps to make it a bit funny.) Then examine how it would make you feel if your fear came true, and you will see that it's much less horrible than how it felt when you were worrying about it.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2007, 8:58 pm

Me too :cry: :oops: 8) :?