Who am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

delightfullyodd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2016, 11:57 am

waves

Ummm... yeah. I just turned 40, just figured out that I'm almost certainly autistic/aspie/on the spectrum, and trying to wrap my head around this new knowledge that explains pretty much everything about my life so far - good, bad, and ugly. My username comes from my most favourite compliment ever, which I received several years ago in another online forum; I chose it because it helps counteract my usual ways of thinking about and referring to myself, which aren't nearly so positive. I'm sure I'll get more talkative (you've been warned!), but for now I'm not sure what else to say, other than that I'm super-glad you guys are here :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 12:01 pm

hi, delightful. welcome. it might be nice to know what some of your interests are.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm

Welcome to the forum, hope your journey through life is improved by being around the community and discovering more about yourself :D

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm

Welcome. :D

There Are Four Lights!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 2:17 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 3:44 pm

Hey delightfullyodd welcome. :sunny:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm

Welcome! Yes--that is a good way to describe many Aspies: delightfully odd!

delightfullyodd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Someone asked about interests... like many autistic people, I have lots of them, some more constant than others. Music and books are the two that have never really gone away - in fact, I know that the bottom has really fallen out of my head when I can't read, because normally I read voraciously (I went through 'Nerdy, Shy, and Socially Inappropriate' in pretty much one sitting this afternoon), and I'm almost always listening to music of some sort, and not just to block out background noise (although that's often important). I posted over in the Getting to Know You thread, if you really want more of my ramblings :wink:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 9:34 pm

music is terrific. i like most music, but delight in classical, folk rock, classic rock, and show tunes. i also share my home with a husband and cat. extended family mostly nearby. i usually sing in a chorale, but this year schedules conflict with (nursing) school. what's your masters in?

aspieinaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2016, 1:10 am

Hey Delightfullyodd, Waves back attcha! Music is an important part of my life too. I can't play any but love listening, and if I find a new song I like, I will listen and sing along to it over and over and over.

sprytez
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 May 2016, 1:40 am

delightfullyodd wrote:
waves

Ummm... yeah. I just turned 40, just figured out that I'm almost certainly autistic/aspie/on the spectrum, and trying to wrap my head around this new knowledge that explains pretty much everything about my life so far - good, bad, and ugly. My username comes from my most favourite compliment ever, which I received several years ago in another online forum; I chose it because it helps counteract my usual ways of thinking about and referring to myself, which aren't nearly so positive. I'm sure I'll get more talkative (you've been warned!), but for now I'm not sure what else to say, other than that I'm super-glad you guys are here :)

I'm overly tactile, I just want to cuddle you! Welcome to the planet, I'm new here too.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 6:30 pm

Welcome