Why no sexual relationships for Christians in Heaven?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 5:27 pm

This is not going to be a debate of whether or not Christians have sex in Heaven. But it's totally messed up that the church teaches that we won't be having any sexual or physical relationship in Heaven. At least Islam has some concept of earthly relationships in their paradise.

As being raised a Christian, I am now terrified of having to abstain from physical relationships and sex, and I am worried about paradise being so boring beyond words.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 5:32 pm

I'm more worried about not having any food up there. 8O

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 5:52 pm

Of course you cant have sex in Heaven.

If you did then you would go straight to the other place! :lol:

Last edited by naturalplastic on 29 Apr 2016, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 5:59 pm

You'd be ok though if you got married first up in heaven. :mrgreen:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 8:12 pm

Not funny. They say there will be no marriage in Heaven either.

^ Were you who said I would go to the other place if there was sex in Heaven, was this a sarcastic question?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 8:21 pm

I thought, in heaven, that you were allowed to do what's pleasurable to you, as long as you don't harm anybody else.

I've never heard of a specific prohibition of sexual relations in heaven.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 8:27 pm

You would have no need to sustain your body because your body would not be corporeal anyway.

And since you would be immortal there would be no need for procreation to propagate the species.

So there would be no need for sex nor for food. So you would not be afflicted with the instinctive urges to do either thing either.

So, no sex, and no food, nor any desire for either sex or food.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 8:31 pm

If you do go to heaven you will have an awful lot of work to do, like polishing all the stars in the universe, moving the clouds around, sending rainbows down to Earth, tuning all the harps, and so on. The reason will is because you will be about the only person up there while nearly everyone else will be in hell, where there will be constant sex with red hot demon studs and babes, drinking, smoking, overeating, gambling, partying, swearing, dancing to rock music and jabbing things with your pitchfork. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 10:43 pm

I wonder if there are any toilets up there? :D

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 11:41 pm

Hair dryers and clothes too. I'm supposed to get my 30 yr old body back.

Darn, I flunked.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 3:34 am

(visualizing 30-y/o nurseangela)

I am a Christian, but the only thing I've heard is that there is no sin, death, or pain. My guess is the "no sin" part means the Biblical laws on earth no longer apply in heaven. In other words, the things that are considered sins on earth are perfectly ok in heaven.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 6:49 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
(visualizing 30-y/o nurseangela)

I am a Christian, but the only thing I've heard is that there is no sin, death, or pain. My guess is the "no sin" part means the Biblical laws on earth no longer apply in heaven. In other words, the things that are considered sins on earth are perfectly ok in heaven.

It think that its more likely that it means that acts considered sin on earth just dont happen in Heaven.

I mean thats more likely what they mean when they say that. I dont think the church would like your interpretation.

Though your's IS an interesting interpretation. Maybe in Heaven you could murder folks, and they would just bounce back like cartoon characters (blow them up with Acme brand dynamite like they're Willie Coyote, and they would just reappear alive, and intact seconds later). So the act wouldnt be a sin!

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 8:51 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
You would have no need to sustain your body because your body would not be corporeal anyway.

That didn't stop the Holy Spirit from giving Mary a money shot.

Cup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2016, 9:28 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
This is not going to be a debate of whether or not Christians have sex in Heaven. But it's totally messed up that the church teaches that we won't be having any sexual or physical relationship in Heaven. At least Islam has some concept of earthly relationships in their paradise.

As being raised a Christian, I am now terrified of having to abstain from physical relationships and sex, and I am worried about paradise being so boring beyond words.

I tend not to think about the afterlife much. I look at salvation from sin as something that we should work towards on this plane of existence.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 10:42 am

If the entire Bible was summed into one word, it might be redemption.

This is symbolized by a hetero marriage, in which Christ redeems his Bride at some unforeseen moment. The language involves a wedding feast and a honeymoon, and, in one vision, she is giving birth.

Further, the romantic Song of Solomon is seen to have a Messianic application.

willc98
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 May 2016, 9:58 pm

Because God will be so amazing sex will look like kids playing in the sandbox. No one in Heaven will desire sex or would want to.

I don't want to get married now because I love God too much and don't want to have a wife and share the little love I have to give. Plus God's love is so much better in every way.