0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 2:20 pm

Drake wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
Drake wrote:
Unless he's referring to the SJWs?

I thought a shock jock was a radio presenter.

Yes. Sargon doesn't fit the bill though. So I just wondered if that's not what he's referring to. As the description fits the SJWs. Maybe it's more a general comment about YouTube commentators.

Yeah I don't get it.

Sargon does try to play devils advocate, and properly consider each argument.

A shock jock is like Alex Jones or Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh. Maybe Howard Stern but that is a different category.

Tbh Howard Stern is pretty mild these days. I don't know about his heyday other than the movie.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 5:11 am

Sargon's channel continues to pump out content in relation to this.

This is the best piece yet, and I advise all to watch it, including those with little or no knowledge on this issue, as it will be an excellent crash course:

And if you don't have time for that, then please, just watch this excerpt from that video:

Tell me you're not thoroughly creeped out by this zombification of the new generation. Oh they've got chains to lose alright. The ones shackling their brains.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 5:35 am

Reminds me of the cultural revolution of China

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 10:08 am

I haven't looked at the first video yet, but in the second video, there are some effects that were added starting at 2:27 point that make the video very unpleasant to watch.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 04 May 2016, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 10:18 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
I haven't looked at the first video yet, but in the second video, there are some effects that were added starting at 2:27 point that make the video very unpleasant to watch.

Oh I see what you mean there, the flashes and zooms? Only lasts a few seconds. Anyone who is sensitive to such things might want to turn their head until the next group of students.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:13 pm

Drake wrote:
Oh I see what you mean there, the flashes and zooms?

Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromarketing

Watch again, and look for any altered details that make you feel uneasy. There are more that are too subtle to pick up the first time.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 04 May 2016, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:43 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
Drake wrote:
Oh I see what you mean there, the flashes and zooms?

Yes.

Now that I've seen the video again taking note of everything that made me feel uneasy, there are manipulative effects throughout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromarketing ?

Well SJWs and manipulation go together hand in hand, so that's certainly unsurprising. Would you care to elaborate? The only thing I got from the videos was creeped out, but I was more focused on people's faces than anything else and the way they were speaking the words, having the words drilled into them. Naked brainwashing.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 7:35 pm

I will try to list some of the things I personally found disconcerting about the way that clip was put together.

-Unless someone were trying to elicit a flight or fight response technique popularised in movies like Saving Private Ryan, there's no good reason for the video's editor not to stabilize the shaky cam in those clips.

-The first clip is shot on a tripod and it still manages to shake like crazy.

-in one clip, discombobulating shaking and going in and out of focus, culminates in the camera flipping on its side, massively amplfying the feeling of discombobulation.

This isn't a comment about what the video is about. It's just that the way it's put together feels unpleasant, to me. All of things I listed could be accidental, but In the same way that I try to ascertain whether the thing I find convincing in a great Orator's argument is the argument itself, or some other part of his rhetorical style; I also try to ascertain about a video presentation whether it's just the validity of the points being made, or some other part of the production such as shakycam that's causing it to be persuasive.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 04 May 2016, 8:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 7:41 pm

I watched the long-play and skipped past the chant, heard more than enough of that just from the short clip before work and I didn't want to have that drummed into my head. These people have problems and rather than getting called out on it or helped it's getting endorsed.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 12:05 am

Social justice should not be in education, period.

If you want a safe space from ideas you don't like, take an online course.