Abhorrent 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Despicable 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
Filthy 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 25

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 8:16 pm

Some people derive pleasure from exhibitionism.
This is a factor which seems to be ignored. They
may not be willing to go so far as to commit
overtly sexual acts in public, but this is there
way of getting some of that pleasure.

Look, other people just happen to do things
which not everyone appreciates. Some people
are disgusted by seeing a homeless man sitting
on the corner. They look away. That's what I
suggest that you do.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 10:23 am

shadexiii wrote:
TruenoBlues wrote:

And I'll argue that it is necessary, based on my previous post.

I still don't really understand why that would be the case. I can appreciate that it can be viewed as a form of communicating, and that at times it is necessary, but I really don't get how sucking face is a meaningful form of communication if it is random and / or excessive in very public settings where people have no choice but to witness it.

If the point is to make others witness it, as if that would somehow prove the love between two people or something along those lines, I'd still call it unnecessary, and possibly a sign that the relationship isn't as strong as the couple may like to believe, in that if you need others to know you are that into someone, it seems more like you are trying to reassure yourself of that fact.

Well, kisses can be either meaningful or unmeaningful, depending on the intent. Here's what I'd say: kissing (beyond a single peck) for the sake of kissing is something that is basically private and personal in nature, and probably should be delayed for a private venue. I am only speaking for the U.S. -- other cultures are, respectively, more open or more closed about kissing. Some countries kill people for holding hands in private, while couples in other countries aren't thought odd for making love in public (i.e. Italy & Mexico), provided there's some basic visual obscurement.

I think Sopho's point may be that there's a big difference between a kiss and a kissing session. Some kissing sessions are arguably well into the "making love" realm.