Cheating and competitive behavior

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 8:31 pm

You might stand a better chance of meeting a nice guy on a dating site than meeting one in a bar.

There are lots of creeps on dating sites. And lots of people who are into the "dating scene" (who are not necessarily creeps, but who believe in the "dating scene). But there are also lots of lonely, shy guys who are really okay people on those sites, too.

I wish there was more opportunity for you to meet people when you go to lectures, or when you out with friends/workmates. I really feel that's the best way to go in meeting guys.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 8:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish there was more opportunity for you to meet people when you go to lectures, or when you out with friends/workmates. I really feel that's the best way to go in meeting guys.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by lectures. Do you mean in a classroom or watching someone speak?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 9:06 pm

Watching someone speak.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 9:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Watching someone speak.

Kraftie provides a good solution that no one ever talks about: community education services. In your area there's bound to be several special interest groups that meet and discusses issues. Try out one of these groups. Find a lecture series or some such thing and try that. The audience will tend to be older, but it will also tend to be more male. Again, when you go to any group function, if there are no males of interest it may not be a complete wash-- the people there may know someone, so it's best to be friendly and if relationship status comes up feel comfortable saying, "I'm currently single but looking." If someone hears that phrase, and you've developed casual friendliness with them, they may offer up a male they know is also single and looking.

edit: mixing up no and know, lol, but I'm tired so I have an excuse.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 9:16 pm

Then you have the various Star Trek, or Star-Trek-like conventions.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 9:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Then you have the various Star Trek, or Star-Trek-like conventions.

Lol, if you're gonna show up to a Trekky convention you damn well better be a Trekky. They will sniff out a faker quicker than an NT on autism.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 12:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You might stand a better chance of meeting a nice guy on a dating site than meeting one in a bar.

There are lots of creeps on dating sites. And lots of people who are into the "dating scene" (who are not necessarily creeps, but who believe in the "dating scene). But there are also lots of lonely, shy guys who are really okay people on those sites, too.

Indeed I'm on there.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 12:30 am

How exactly are you meant to meet people at lectures?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 9:18 am

You can definitely meet people in lectures. People sometimes like to discuss what the person lectured about after the lecture is finished.

Especially if it's something which is at least somewhat controversial in nature.

mysterymystique
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 May 2016, 2:55 pm

You sign yourself up for a series of, say, six lectures on New World Wines and talk to the other people who signed up. You've presumably got an interest in wine in common!

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 12:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You can definitely meet people in lectures. People sometimes like to discuss what the person lectured about after the lecture is finished.

Especially if it's something which is at least somewhat controversial in nature.

So it would be like a regular meet up group? I thought this would be something that would only happen once.

Maybe I could try a dating site again sometime, as long as it's free. I'll just try to stay away from anyone who seems involved in those games.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 1:52 am

I think you're find someone, you seem like s great lady.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 4:47 pm

^ Thanks sly.