Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

16 May 2016, 4:16 pm

I've realized that despite the fact that I have spent my 20s jobless; most of the reasons why I am that way are pretty much outside of my control, I have conceded. Given what I have, the odds have pretty much been stacked against me in finding a good job; that, and the job market hasn't been all that good, but it is (slowly) improving- hopefully, in my 30s, I will find something good, despite all the difficulties I face. Which is why I have the subject title, "Still, I remain hopeful". I mean, there are quite a few people who didn't find success and/or stability until late in their lives! So, there is hope for me yet there, as well.

My biggest wish is to work on some computer programming-like job in Los Angeles, despite the fact that LA is rather pricey; I've had that dream with me since 2010, and right now, I feel like I am closer to realizing that dream than at any point since 2010.

Even so, I still want to have fun in my life; because I think that not having fun in your life is not a life at all.

I don't want to give up on my life, yet I wish I could settle down in a way...... wish me luck, everyone. I will get through this.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 5:07 pm

To be honest, I had no idea you actually posted, I usually see you on the games thread giving the submit button a blister. It's good to actually hear a viewpoint coming from "the game machine". As for your difficulties, you have a very positive attitude and that goes a long way in life-- keeping yourself motivated and drawing other people to you. Make sure any job you apply for that your positive attitude comes through-- it's a huge asset. Most people "fake" that attitude in interviews and job applications, but that's just naturally you so use it. Oh and yeah, good luck!

edit: removed quote, just used to clicking "quote" lol.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

16 May 2016, 8:19 pm

^ Thanks. I do post on the game forums primarily to pass the boredom that goes on in my life. But I will post something deep every now and then, like this post.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."