Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 8:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Unfortunately, like any group that perceives themselves as being on top, whites fear the notion of sharing power and/or wealth with out groups will lead to them losing either of those things. That's especially true of poor whites who believe they need said out groups (blacks, Latinos, etc) to be held below themselves, otherwise they'd risk being at the bottom of the ladder. Power elites, seeing a chance to divide and conquer lower class people, encourage poor whites to believe this idiocy, rather than embracing those out groups who should be their natural allies.

I am a poor white person and none of what you say is true of me, or any other poor white people I regularly interact with. Granted there are people in my economic demographic who could be described as you say....but it's probably best to specify 'some' instead of making blanket generalizations.

I'm poor and white, too. I admit, I probably over-generalized. But I think it's safe to say, those poor whites who are given to racism and any other form of bigotry are almost certainly inspired by fear that they are about to lose what little they have to some other group that just wants to get ahead.

What has been lost which has been a lot also.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 9:47 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Unfortunately, like any group that perceives themselves as being on top, whites fear the notion of sharing power and/or wealth with out groups will lead to them losing either of those things. That's especially true of poor whites who believe they need said out groups (blacks, Latinos, etc) to be held below themselves, otherwise they'd risk being at the bottom of the ladder. Power elites, seeing a chance to divide and conquer lower class people, encourage poor whites to believe this idiocy, rather than embracing those out groups who should be their natural allies.

I am a poor white person and none of what you say is true of me, or any other poor white people I regularly interact with. Granted there are people in my economic demographic who could be described as you say....but it's probably best to specify 'some' instead of making blanket generalizations.

I'm poor and white, too. I admit, I probably over-generalized. But I think it's safe to say, those poor whites who are given to racism and any other form of bigotry are almost certainly inspired by fear that they are about to lose what little they have to some other group that just wants to get ahead.

What has been lost which has been a lot also.

The thing you need to grasp is, it is not the n****rs or the spics or the homos or those man-hating feminist c***s taking things away from you.

It's mostly other whites.

PS

The idea that generalizing is bad is just PC police propaganda!! !
:P