Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

NathanC
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2016, 12:53 am

Hello Wrong Planet!

I'm Nathan. I was diagnosed with AS as a teenager, and for a very long time rejected the diagnosis or anything to do with it. As I've grown older, I've accepted that it's an integral part of myself, and am hoping to connect with others on the spectrum as well. Part of making that connection is trying to understand Autism and Aspergers through the experiences of others, something I -admittedly- have little experience with.

I have several outdoor and adventure hobbies, and enjoy volunteering with outreach programs that encourage adventurous activities for those of us who's lives are a little different. I write a blog about my own personal adventures (the link should show up in my signature!), and would absolutely love to find co-authors, co-adventurers, or just people to chat with about our own experiences with life on the spectrum.

Thank you all for reading, I'm looking forward to learning more about this community! :D

Also, a newbie blogger:
www.aspieadventure.org
www.facebook.com/aspieadventure

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 1:42 am

I'm glad your not in denial anymore. I was in denial for 12 years before finally coming out of denial a few months ago. Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

jvonhegner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2016, 2:37 pm

Hi Nathan. I was diagnosed late. But now I call myself a proud aspie and look on it as a gift. Welcome aboard.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 2:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 3:31 pm

Hey Nathan welcome. :sunny:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 4:36 pm

Welcome to WP! Hope you enjoy the forums.

NathanC
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 May 2016, 4:15 am

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone!

Mikeman - I see you're interested in space travel as well! I'll be studying mechanical/aerospace engineering at USU, with an emphasis on that exact niche! I hope to come across some of your posts on the topic :)

Jvon - I think it's very important we see it that way. What we lack in some areas, we more than make up for in others, and it's truly amazing what we can accomplish when we work with those strengths!

Also, a newbie blogger:
www.aspieadventure.org
www.facebook.com/aspieadventure

butyouseemso
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2016, 9:23 am

Welcome Nathan!

Being a (self-identified) aspie is something I relate to without feeling the need to change. Not sure if I exactly celebrate it - except with other aspies - but it gives me a better understanding of why I'm good at some things and less at others.