Something special about blonde women

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 11:29 am

In my life it seems women that I have had a 'significant' crush on have mostly been on the blonde hair 'spectrum' although when I was 10 I did have a huge crush on this girl with red hair in my class.

Don't get me wrong there are loads or brunnetes I have found attractive but it seems with dark haired women it's usually a more fleeting crush.

So guys do you agree with me that there is something a bit more enchanting about blonde hair on ladies?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 3:40 pm

Kinda.. only it's blonde hair on guys I like best. Cute blonde gay boys > *. :D

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 1:34 pm

Nope, I love jet-black hair. Not a big fan of blondes.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 May 2016, 8:22 pm

I don't care about hair color as long as it's natural but I have some colorblindness & don't really pay attention to or care about color of things in general. Is there a chance your attracted to blonds because of the stereotype that blonds have more fun or are more stupid. I don't agree with that stereotype but I do think that it can influence some people. I'm not saying that's what's happening to you thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 8:40 pm

I used to be so obsessed with blondes, but I learned that some brunettes simply pale blondes in comparison..

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 9:24 pm

I am (currently) blonde. But people who saw me as more qualified for their interest solely because of that factor would be a very poor match as a friend or significant other for me, because I would feel wary of their attraction to detail that was indifferent to whatever mix of human qualities I happen to possess.

There has been a fetishisation of blonde women in our culture, and this seems to be underlying the quite stupid prejudices that women with blonde-coloured hair are more likely to be stupid (witness the crassness of 'blonde women are idiots' jokes) or more likely to welcome sexual advances (I think there are studies that show blonde-haired women experience more sexual harassment). There is nothing special about blonde-haired women, they too have hair of a particular colour - as do all other women (sometimes more than one colour being a fashion now). Being targets of assumptions may affect them differently as a group though.

A gender parallel that was oppressive in the same kind of way was the once-much-pushed concept of 'tall dark and handsome' men as singularly more attractive than any other kind of man. That stereotype was commonplace (in the 1950s) along with the blonde stereotype of all blonde women. Society has moved on a bit since then (I hope)and it clearly has: the Charles Atlas adverts are now seen as dehumanising and ridiculous (grow big muscles if you want to get girls). They were exploitative marketing exercises intended to sell by conditioning a sense of inferiority if you didn't possess this or that characteristic..

We all have our own personal preferences, often conditioned by past experiences, but the role of any single feature in determining attractiveness as some kind of over-riding fact, IMO, truly belongs in the 1950s - which were pretty limiting and stereotyped for both sexes, (eg witness the advertising of the time, so brilliantly portrayed in Madmen), although in my case I can draw on memory..

The blonde sex goddess stereotype was pushed by Hollywood relentlessly for decades (though personally Mae West's charms escaped my detection) and fed into the conditioning push of the advertising industry. It certainly made firms like Clairol and their shareholders better off! Beautiful women are beautiful women whatever their hair colour. Personally I think the French actress Juliette Binoche is one of the most beautiful to ever appear on the screen (and she has brown hair). I would think the same of her whatever her hair colour, as her face radiates not only beauty but a capacity of inner depth that she is able to translate to the screen.