How the hell do guys like this get girls?

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 12:29 am

"What the....

"according to him"
Oh, everything makes sense now =)"

Yes, he's probably lying or exaggerating.

"Most girls and women wouldn't go for that sort of guy.

If they do, they might have a problem themselves."

But two problem-filled people ending up in a relationship is still more 'success' than a problem-free person remaining alone.

"They're good looking and smooth talking enough to conceal their real self long enough to get girls"

True.

Alliekit wrote:

Sounds like a complete turn off to me :eew:

If the girls are than they are silly

But they are still girls. :wink:

Even if women who are rude, selfish, greedy, unattractive and otherwise not a good person end up with a rude, selfish, greedy, ugly slob of a man, they're still both getting more love than you are (just a figure of speech, not referring to you directly but to any men or women who are single in general but actually a decent person).

"If the smooth talking is used as a way to manipulate others into thinking that they are nice when they're really not then that is off putting too imo."

Off-putting to women who can successfully see through his act. Those that can't, on the other hand? Well...

"Maybe the guys aren't nearly as horrible as they're rumored to be. Maybe what you've heard is lies. Maybe the girl is just looking for some no-strings fun."

Still, there are some people who even from a first-hand and superficial look at their personality can appear to be quite a disrespectful and rude person.

I'm sure almost every little piece of sh*t teenage boys in high school had some sort of 'good' or 'redeeming' qualities about them, but observing 90% of their behavior as disrespectful to teachers, rude, loud, obnoxious, arrogant, aggressive, disrespectful to women, racist, homophobic, disrespectful to their own friends, and otherwise delinquent behavior, one has to assume they probably won't be much better outside of school grounds.

And who's to say teenagers are only bad and this isn't possible in adults as well? (clearly has an unlikable personality and getting to know them better will prove this true?)

"You don't know thoug. Those guys and people are very good at putting on a show. It'll be weeks or months into a relationship before they drop the lie and be themselves.

My ex friend is good at that."

More like years.

A girl I'm attracted to right now dated a real a55høle and she couldn't see it. Even last year many months after dumping him she still decided to spend time with him out of politeness and severely regrets it. Tsk tsk tsk. :roll:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 3:23 am

Outrider wrote:
"What the....

"according to him"
Oh, everything makes sense now =)"

Yes, he's probably lying or exaggerating.

"Most girls and women wouldn't go for that sort of guy.

If they do, they might have a problem themselves."

But two problem-filled people ending up in a relationship is still more 'success' than a problem-free person remaining alone.

"They're good looking and smooth talking enough to conceal their real self long enough to get girls"

True.

Alliekit wrote:

Sounds like a complete turn off to me :eew:

If the girls are than they are silly

But they are still girls. :wink:

Even if women who are rude, selfish, greedy, unattractive and otherwise not a good person end up with a rude, selfish, greedy, ugly slob of a man, they're still both getting more love than you are (just a figure of speech, not referring to you directly but to any men or women who are single in general but actually a decent person).

"If the smooth talking is used as a way to manipulate others into thinking that they are nice when they're really not then that is off putting too imo."

Off-putting to women who can successfully see through his act. Those that can't, on the other hand? Well...

"Maybe the guys aren't nearly as horrible as they're rumored to be. Maybe what you've heard is lies. Maybe the girl is just looking for some no-strings fun."

Still, there are some people who even from a first-hand and superficial look at their personality can appear to be quite a disrespectful and rude person.

I'm sure almost every little piece of sh*t teenage boys in high school had some sort of 'good' or 'redeeming' qualities about them, but observing 90% of their behavior as disrespectful to teachers, rude, loud, obnoxious, arrogant, aggressive, disrespectful to women, racist, homophobic, disrespectful to their own friends, and otherwise delinquent behavior, one has to assume they probably won't be much better outside of school grounds.

And who's to say teenagers are only bad and this isn't possible in adults as well? (clearly has an unlikable personality and getting to know them better will prove this true?)

"You don't know thoug. Those guys and people are very good at putting on a show. It'll be weeks or months into a relationship before they drop the lie and be themselves.

My ex friend is good at that."

More like years.

A girl I'm attracted to right now dated a real a55høle and she couldn't see it. Even last year many months after dumping him she still decided to spend time with him out of politeness and severely regrets it. Tsk tsk tsk. :roll:

Id rather be single than go out with a guy like that.

Although thinking about it the main attraction to women is that confidence. Knowing they are confident enough to look after you and in themselves as a person is a big thing

Although plenty if good gentlemen out there also have good confidence.

My mum always said there is nothing more sexy then a man with confidence. My brother is a big guy and not particularly good looking but his confidence means he is very popular with the ladies

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 5:21 am

:shrug:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 5:44 am

"Id rather be single than go out with a guy like that."

It's not about the fact you wouldn't go out with a guy like that, it's the fact that two rude, selfish ugly people might be in a happy relationship with each other and be happy to be together, while two friendly, attractive people may both be single but not by choice and be very lonely.

Who in the end is more successful/happier regarding relationships?

A less attractive person who has several happy relationships, if shorter-lived, or someone who spends 5 decades waiting for the right one and then after many years of miserable loneliness they do meet someone who turns out to be the love of their life but was the wait worth it? I think not!

"Although thinking about it the main attraction to women is that confidence. Knowing they are confident enough to look after you and in themselves as a person is a big thing"

Yes, confidence is key.

But if anything I've even observed many insecure or unconfident males and females that still ended up with more happy relationships and longer-lasting one's than I ever have.

Like I said, almost NOTHING actually helps control whether or not you'll end up in a relationship, as relationships are purely about emotions and attraction, not logic or reason.

Much of the time not even confidence makes a difference, even many shy men can still have more relationships than a social extravert (and I've met plenty of social extraverts who have actually never had a relationship, and many more reserved introverts that have had many).

"Although plenty if good gentlemen out there also have good confidence." And still may be chronically single/forever alone, regardless of how much effort they actually put into their social life.

"My mum always said there is nothing more sexy then a man with confidence. My brother is a big guy and not particularly good looking but his confidence means he is very popular with the ladies"

Good for him.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 6:21 am

I think the reason could be that girls like overconfident guys more than underconfident guys. The word here is confident.

Also an arrogant guy who asks a lot of girls out would get more dates than a shy guy who doesn't ask any girls out.

The myth that nice guys finish last is totally untrue but you still have to put yourself out there and be confident.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 6:40 am

Outrider wrote:
Because you falsely assume one's attractiveness level or how good or bad their personality is actually has any sort of influence on one's likelihood of dating success.

The reality is in many cases this is not actually the case whatsoever.

Working hard to have an attractive and fit body and friendly, confident, social personality all increase your chances but do not guarantee or even make success very likely at all.

In my observations it seems for every happy, friendly, healthy, confident, kind, selfless, hardworking pair in relationships, there are two pairs of rude, selfish, greedy, unhealthy, unattractive, lazy people in successful and happy relationships.

Just maybe this has to do with increasing expectations? As you get more fit, more socially competent, you expect to find a more fit and socially competent partner as well, which means your chances won't increase.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 7:15 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I think the reason could be that girls like overconfident guys more than underconfident guys. The word here is confident.

Also an arrogant guy who asks a lot of girls out would get more dates than a shy guy who doesn't ask any girls out.

The myth that nice guys finish last is totally untrue but you still have to put yourself out there and be confident.

I'm an extremely confident guy though and have pursued about 45 different females throughout high school alone.

And don't call me desperate either because I was only truly desperate/trying too hard in one of those 5 years.

The other 4 I averaged about crushes on 5 girls per year.

I'm a confident guy who has made great effort to be social and get to know and approach females and still had lesser success than some guys who are more shy or less confident.

It happens...sometimes, at least...

I've also seen plenty of people who clearly put very little if any effort into improving their looks or personality who have had happier and longer-lasting relationships than me while I barely struggled to date a narcissistic, rude, self-centered 19 year old high school senior with learning disability for 17 days before breakup.

And I'm not just saying that, either.

Like I said many people who appear to be little sh*ts in high school probably have one or two redeeming qualities, but if the vast majority of their behavior in the vast majority of situations clearly shows they are an unlikable person, then it's fair to assume they are. Might seem very foolish of me to say that when I know nothing of their home lives, but I still payed attention to them in high school.

Many popular kids in high school are outspoken and not afraid to speak of their home lives and all I hear is their enjoyment of deciding to randomly fight random teens their age for no reason in the streets or complaing about their parents when whatver the argument over was completely reasonable of their parents to think.

I know you're not the one saying it but I will say right now some people are clearly a55høles (by your own definition) and it doesn't take too much digging deep into their lives to know this. Yet they still have massive success in many, if not all areas of life.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 8:15 am

Outrider wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

I'm an extremely confident guy though and have pursued about 45 different females throughout high school alone.

And don't call me desperate either because I was only truly desperate/trying too hard in one of those 5 years.

The other 4 I averaged about crushes on 5 girls per year.

I'm a confident guy who has made great effort to be social and get to know and approach females and still had lesser success than some guys who are more shy or less confident.

It happens...sometimes, at least...

I've also seen plenty of people who clearly put very little if any effort into improving their looks or personality who have had happier and longer-lasting relationships than me while I barely struggled to date a narcissistic, rude, self-centered 19 year old high school senior with learning disability for 17 days before breakup.

And I'm not just saying that, either.

Like I said many people who appear to be little sh*ts in high school probably have one or two redeeming qualities, but if the vast majority of their behavior in the vast majority of situations clearly shows they are an unlikable person, then it's fair to assume they are. Might seem very foolish of me to say that when I know nothing of their home lives, but I still payed attention to them in high school.

Many popular kids in high school are outspoken and not afraid to speak of their home lives and all I hear is their enjoyment of deciding to randomly fight random teens their age for no reason in the streets or complaing about their parents when whatver the argument over was completely reasonable of their parents to think.

I know you're not the one saying it but I will say right now some people are clearly a55høles (by your own definition) and it doesn't take too much digging deep into their lives to know this. Yet they still have massive success in many, if not all areas of life.

Your only 17 you will be fine, trust me people are more understanding when they get older. I didn't even get kissed till I was at uni and I'm a chatty and friendly person. My friend (male with asd) also didn't bloom till he was 20 after that he was so confident and willing to ask girls out that he turned into a right player.

From all your posts I can tell you will have no problem in the future. Just don't let it get you down and make you become jaded and frightened to ask women out.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 8:31 am

Also I forgot to ado that I was being serious when I said I would rather be single. I was single all my life before I was 19 and had my family and friends.

My cousin on the over had was desperate for relationships and has been stuck in abusive relationship after abusive relationship.

I'm not gunna go out with someone who strangles me and spits in my face just because I'm lonely

Although that's my personal view

Ica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2016, 8:53 am

"These aren't the females you're looking for".

Repeat; "These aren't the females we're looking for".

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 10:42 am

19 pftt you might feel different if you'd been single and kiss less until 28 or up

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2016, 1:42 pm

Wow, I just saw a side of this guy I never thought I'd see. He was in one of the offices at the clubhouse, crying and saying that he was lonely and he needed companionship. I guess he realized that being a swinger isn't what he wants after all. He just wants to be loved. :(

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 1:47 pm

He sounds like a drama queen to me, I wouldn't put much stock in what he's saying.

Wait, is this the clubhouse for people with mental issues? He might be genuinely unbalanced and delusional.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2016, 3:16 pm

I think there's examples of everything and people see what they want to see. There's also plenty of great guys who get women, but if someone is angry, they're going to look at the bad instead of the good.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 4:37 pm

This lady doesnt like Guys like the one in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rOMY1Zeqb4

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 4:42 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
I don't buy it either. A lot of guys talk big and they very often lie.

This.

I used to work this short, fat, bald middle aged guy with a goatee who would claim to get laid pretty much every weekend, every where he went.

The women were always super hot perfect 10s...blah blah blah...

......uuuuuhhhh

no....

The men who get girls are usually ones who have confidence, average-to-decent looks (they don't have to be brad pit or george cloony), and stable careers. They also know which girls to pick, which is 90% of the process.

The men who don't get girls lack self confidence, and have generally low self esteem, so it plays out into their interactions, and the girl can even pick up stress pheromones subconsciously, and that puts her ill at ease.

Usually it's all about being in the right place at the right time.