Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 11:31 am

I have a kind of gnarly stick n poke spider on my right hip and another much smaller spider hiding in the skin crease between my thumb and index finger. I do want more tattoos but I'm not in any rush.

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2016, 11:32 am

i like animal and glittery temporary tattooos :heart:

they even have panda and ice cream ones :flower:

these ones look really pretty

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 11:36 am

PeachCastella wrote:
i like animal and glittery temporary tattooos :heart:

hahaha me too :heart:
I have some dinosaurs in my bathroom actually!

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 10:53 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I really don't get the appeal of tattoos. I know many if not most people get them when they are still teens because teenagers never think about how that tattoo is going to be with them for the rest of their life. How will they know they'll still like the tattoo a year from now, let alone their whole life? As we get older our bodies change, which can make the tat look distorted. Also I've seen a few videos and TV shows of people with fail tattoos. It's really scary how many tat "artists" can't spell, they certainly can't draw, and are probably high on drugs while injecting dye into your skin. People like that might also not be using sanitary tools.

But if you have a tattoo or plan on getting one, that's your decision. I'm not your mother, I can't tell you what to do. :)

Wow.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Nov 2016, 11:01 pm

I have Asperger's and I have 8 tattoos. I think it is neat to have them because they are something that I chose to get and I cannot lose them. Take an earring for example. I put it in and then I regularly check to see if it is still in my ear and not fallen off. Though not likely, an earring can come out. But with tattoos, kind of hard to lose. In a very strange way, I find them cozy. They were once puddles of ink after coming out of a bottle, and after being injected into my skin, they became something recognizable as a type of artwork. And being in my skin, they have become a part of my body. I find that cozy, neat, and very personable. I know that might sound strange, but that is my perception of my tattoos. And as I said, I have Asperger's.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 3:48 am

thehandler wrote:
Are there any other autistic people here who have tattoos? I am a suspected autistic and I have one and I just worry that if I ever get the chance to one day pursue a diagnosis the tattoo on my arm will be used to discredit me (as in: you can't possibly have autism cos autistic people can't do this this and this and so on) as it's rather visible...

Do any autistic people here have tattoos?

Allow me to sum it up this way...

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 4:08 am

Have one but would like another. I like the look of the watercolour tattoos though am concerned it would look terrible within 5 years. it would not be exposed to the sun though.

something like this

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 4:16 am

I have a nakiri knife, which essentially looks like a big straight razor with a kitchen knife handle, tattooed behind my left ear. It marks me as a chef, and it's a knife I use constantly, as I'm able to use it in this custom holster thing I rigged up with minimal risk of cutting myself if I miss. I often forget I have it, it's pretty subtle.

Looks like this, but vertical:

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 7:02 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Have one but would like another. I like the look of the watercolour tattoos though am concerned it would look terrible within 5 years. it would not be exposed to the sun though.

something like this

That's one of the best watercolor tattoos I've ever seen.

I'm heavily covered and my skin is the same color as yours. Barring anything really strange, your tattoo will look exactly the same in five years. After maybe 20 the yellow might fade, but then all you would have to do is get it put back in again.

With your skin, the only thing you have to worry about is white. You would be prone to sunburns and white will temporarily turn brown with a sun, then eventually look identical to your skin.

Tattoos also laser back out of very light, pink-toned skin easier than any other skin tone. In case you get a dud in the future. ;)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 8:13 am

Biscuitman wrote:

something like this

Wow! That looks so amazing! I know it isn't yours but still, if you wanted one, you should totally get it.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2016, 8:27 am

Don't have any but if I was legally able to consent, I would have gotten one of a portcullis.

MC1973
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2016, 9:29 am

I have three tattoos; one of which is a puzzle piece I wear with pride on my right upper arm.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 9:38 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

something like this

That's one of the best watercolor tattoos I've ever seen.

I'm heavily covered and my skin is the same color as yours. Barring anything really strange, your tattoo will look exactly the same in five years. After maybe 20 the yellow might fade, but then all you would have to do is get it put back in again.

With your skin, the only thing you have to worry about is white. You would be prone to sunburns and white will temporarily turn brown with a sun, then eventually look identical to your skin.

Tattoos also laser back out of very light, pink-toned skin easier than any other skin tone. In case you get a dud in the future. ;)

sorry, badly worded post. That is not my tattoo, but one I found on the net that I would like to get.

I only have 1 tat and it is on my hip so no one knows it is there, apart from my wife. If I get the above done I am not sure where to put it, wouldn't mind it on my side on my ribcage under my arm, maybe on the other hip though so it is hidden again and is all mine!

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

I don't have any, I grew out of drawing on myself when I was about 10.

95% of tatts are really awful and I cringe for the person having that crap on them.

I like girls with nice tatts though.

It's your skin, do what you like, I'm still going to laugh at all the bad ones.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 7:10 pm

I don't have any right now but in the future I plan on getting some work done (possibly the late spring or early summer of 2017). Going to start from the backs of my hands and getting sleeves. I don't plan on doing anything else aside from that for the time being, but I am open to getting my calves done as well.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 7:46 pm

I don't have any tatts, but I've always, sort-of, wanted a rose----that watercolor tatt was BEYOND fabulous----but, I've always talked myself out of it, cuz what if however amount of time, later, I change my mind, and wish I didn't have it; it'd be too bad (yeah, I know they can be removed, but).