Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 6:10 pm

We need to bring this into public schools as an alternative to gravity. After all, gravity is just a theory. lol

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 6:14 pm

NewTime wrote:
We need to bring this into public schools as an alternative to gravity. After all, gravity is just a theory. lol

Gravity is a fact. However there are several theories on how it works and why it happens.

Every skinned knee is a testament to gravity.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 6:29 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
NewTime wrote:

Gravity is a fact. However there are several theories on how it works and why it happens.

Every skinned knee is a testament to gravity.

Nonsense!! !! !

When a kid falls off a bike God grabs the kid with his invisible hand and pulls the kid toward the center of the earth resulting in impact with the sidewalk causing a skinned knee. Hence its really "intelligent falling". It just LOOKS like gravity.

Likewise the "germ theory" of infectious diseases is also...you know....just a theory!

Now- dont get me wrong. I am not a fanatic. I am not saying that we should stop teaching the germ theory in schools.

I am just saying that we should "teach the controversy". Teach both the theory that germs cause disease, and alongside that teach the theory that diseases are caused by evil spirits. Let the students decide for themselves which theory they prefer.

Same way with:flat earth theory, and round earth theory...and the competing theories about the cosmos (geocentric,and heliocentric), Lysenkian inheritence vs Mendel's theory of inheritence, and so on.

[ New Time: I am expanding upon your joke that BC doesnt seem to get. :lol: ]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 12:28 am

I am in total agreement with the OP! As evolution is just a theory, and the teaching of which has been fought against by intellectual giants of the religious and social right, it would only make total sense that gravity be given the same sensible treatment in education. :lol:

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 2:27 am

Injurious Design.