Why does the world hate American conservatives?

Page 6 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 12:25 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Xenosparadox wrote:

Since when did you turn into such a teabagger?
Inner city ghettos in the US have been around long before racial integration laws. Back in the 19th an early 20th century it was poor white immigrants(lots of Irish and Italians back east) living there. Do you seriously expect me to believe that black people were once prosperous before the civil rights act was passed? Keep drinking the koolade. This is the reason why American conservatives are disliked: They keep spewing propaganda and using liberals as a scapegoat instead of getting a life because it's easier to do and they think it makes em look tough....LOL

Your response indicates that you don't know much about this subject.

The inner city ghettos were created because of "white flight".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flight

Whites fled to the suburbs, and the inner city was left with mostly poor blacks.

"White flight" happened in response to desegregation of schools and forced busing.

So, liberal policies largely created these inner city ghettos.

Wikipedia:
"The United States during the 1940s, for the first time a powerful interaction between segregation laws and race differences in terms of socioeconomic status enabled white families to abandon inner cities in favor of suburban living. The eventual result was severe levels of urban decay that, by the 1960s, resulted in the crumbling urban "ghettos".

White flight has more to do with flawed human nature in regard to racism, than due to any failure with the idealism of civil rights.
And yes, there were always inner city ghettos - it's just that blacks and Latinos are the most recent denizens of said ghettos. In the past, it was inner city Irish, Italians, Eastern European Jews, and others who were described as intellectually and morally inferior. Someday, it'll be somebody else living there who will be despised as the dregs of society.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 12:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Someday, it'll be somebody else living there who will be despised as the dregs of society.

And in hindsight at least, do you think a pragmatic solution would of been better ?

I cringe when they applaud Thurgood Marshall.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 12:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And yes, there were always inner city ghettos - .

Evidence ?

It takes poverty to make a ghetto. Likely, the groups you mentioned of "Italians, Eastern European Jews" were not poor
enough to make it a ghetto.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2016, 12:54 am

Xenosparadox wrote:
What I am hopeful is that government bureaucrats will soon be replaced with machines; which may not be perfect but definitely immune to the flaws and foibles that plague us biological entities.

So you actually yearn for a robot dictatorship. Now I've heard everything. 8O

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 1:02 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Evidence ?

It takes poverty to make a ghetto. Likely, the groups you mentioned of "Italians, Eastern European Jews" were not poor

Uh... it's called history books. They were desperately poor people, who the rest of America in the 19th and early 20th centuries saw as unwanted outsiders to be kept away from "decent" society, with few economic or social opportunities. That, and as ethnic street gangs have arisen in modern inner cities, you had Italian, Jewish, and Irish gangs terrorising their own neighborhoods, before evolving into organized crime.
And what's your beef with Thurgood Marshal?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 1:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Evidence ?

Uh... it's called history books. They were desperately poor people, who the rest of America in the 19th and early 20th centuries saw as unwanted outsiders to be kept away from "decent" society, with few economic or social opportunities. That, and as ethnic street gangs have arisen in modern inner cities, you had Italian, Jewish, and Irish gangs terrorising their own neighborhoods, before evolving into organized crime.

I spent the last half hour trying to find out if the earlier immigrants created ghettos. Could not find any info on it.

Marshal is celebrated for "Brown vs Topeka Board of Education".

That is partly how these ghettos were made.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 1:28 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Evidence ?

I spent the last half hour trying to find out if the earlier immigrants created ghettos. Could not find any info on it.

Marshal is celebrated for "Brown vs Topeka Board of Education".

That is partly how these ghettos were made.

And blacks were so much better as second class citizens, living in fear of being lynched (often involving being set on fire while still alive) by angry racist white mobs, none of whom were ever punished for their actions. :roll:
Ask any black American if they are better off today as compared to what their ancestors had endured, and they'll tell you that they certainly are. The idea that blacks were somehow better off in pre-civil rights times is the sort of bullsh*t the patriarch of Duck Dynasty was spewing in a recent interview where he made the mistake of opening his mouth.
I personally think Justice Marshal is a great role model for African American kids, and an inspiration for all Americans. Before you type something damning the civil rights movement, I suggest you ask yourself, "How are people going to regard me ever after?"
As for ethnic slums of old: I don't know how it could have escaped you. Look up something on inner city slums in 19th and early 20th century America, is my suggestion.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 4:58 am

Also, when looking up inner city slums, look up the historical meaning of the word "ghetto".

Further reading:

The Irish potato famine
Pogroms
Poverty in southern Italy and the origins of the mafia system

Also, how did immigrants pay for their boat trip?

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2016, 5:56 am

You Americans have ghettos we Europeans have sharia enclaves;

shall we exchange? my starting bid: 10 of our social democrats for one of your conservative politicians.

here's Brussels:

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2016, 5:26 pm

underwater wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Because they don't seem to understand that their way of life isn't how other people live. Or if they've just had good luck and privileged they don't understand how a bad start can scupper people.

They seem to think that if you don't have any money it's because you aren't working hard enough. They don't seem to take circumstances or health into consideration. If you have bad circumstances you're just "lazy".

They don't seem to care if people are bankrupted by having to pay to treat an illness that is no fault of their own. In the UK if I develop cancer the money I've paid through taxes will pay for my health care. If I don't get that sick the money I've paid in will help to treat other people.

I will never, ever, ever live in America. The narrow mindedness just scares me.

You have a very stereotypes ideological view of this country

also cancer survival rates are much much higher in the US than they are in the UK

Really? "Countries with universal health coverage have fewer casualties, according to Lancet study of cancer deaths"

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 ... -austerity

And here is the study:
http://www.healthaffairs.org/press/2012_04_10.php
Unfortunately, this will not end the debate, not by a long shot. That is because this is based on ideological beliefs and not facts or logic.

Bushmaster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jun 2016, 3:28 pm

the world hates American Conservatives because they are willing to fight and die in the thousands so that the stars and stripes may fly for liberty's sake also because they wouldn't give into the leftist agenda.

8) God bless America!! !

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." -Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 5:08 pm

Bushmaster wrote:
the world hates American Conservatives because they are willing to fight and die in the thousands so that the stars and stripes may fly for liberty's sake also because they wouldn't give into the leftist agenda.

8) God bless America!! !

I really don't think that's the reason why, especially as liberals like FDR conducted the greatest war for liberty, fought by mostly working class kids from Democrat households. Conservative chicken hawks like Trump and Cheney famously got deferments rather than fight and die for the stars and stripes.