Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

franklin.jr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2016, 1:18 pm

Hi there,

first of all I am still reluctant, didn't want to present me because I am too shy to talk about my diagnosis, but I guess here I can find some comfort, solidarity and support.

My name is Franklin (I am brazilian with an english name) and I had a long time (13 years) suspiction of identification with Asperger autism. I don't want to write an enormous public outflow about my entire life, but at this moment it's enough to say I had a very turbulent and complicated life since early childhood. Being able to write and read since 2 years old, I was heavily bullied by colleagues - which doesn't mean my childhood was only bad, given that I have some good memories of that period.

Almost all my personal relationships (girlfriends) were complicated. Also, people disturbing and chasing me - for reasons that are still unclear to me, one man spent 5 years following my steps, punching me and kicking me, and threatening me to death -, having fun and taking advantage of what seemed to be my naivety, how difficult it was for me to fully understand what was going on, how slow I was to realize bad intentions of some people around me, termination of employment for reasons which oftenly sounded ridiculous (and, in most situations, in fact they were), among so many things that are hard to talk about without feeling nervous or even crying in front of my computer.

Some years ago, a girlfriend I had caused me a nervous breakdown which led me to collapse. Since then, I've been lonely, mainly working and studying.

2 years ago I met a physician who diagnosed me with Asperger. It was a mixture of different feelings, both bad (as it is a stigma) and good (it explains a lot what happened to me). Now I have good support from family, healthcare and some friends, but I don't like to talk about it except in some few circumstances. I guess my story makes sense to you.

Please notice I will not come up here very often, but anyway I am glad to be part of this site and meet you all.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 3:23 pm

Hey Franklin welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 3:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

JorgeCV
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2016, 12:59 am

Asperger's seems to be a caucasian thing mostly, that's why I think it's even rarer in South America. Aspies seem to have a hard time in caucasian countries, so you can imagine how hard is for us to be aspies in South America. Some progress can be made psychologically, but it's also good to embrace it and be happy about our special skills.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 1:18 am

Hello, I used to live in Brazil.

JorgeCV wrote:
Asperger's seems to be a caucasian thing mostly, that's why I think it's even rarer in South America. Aspies seem to have a hard time in caucasian countries, so you can imagine how hard is for us to be aspies in South America. Some progress can be made psychologically, but it's also good to embrace it and be happy about our special skills.

Most Brazilians are of Caucasian decent...

The real reason it's diagnosed less in South america is because of cultural differences.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

franklin.jr

30 May 2016, 12:31 pm

Thanks all for welcoming me.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 10:20 am

Welcome! I'm sorry about your bad experiences.