Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 8:06 pm

I'm Lisa and I'm 23. I'm not formally diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, but many people who know me believe I have aspies, and I'm inclined to agree. I have diagnosises for my general and social anxiety, depression/mild bipolar, and ADHD. I also think I may have some PD stuff going on too, based on years of self evaluation and knowledge of PDs.

Let's see, I saw someone say they were a pretty typical aspies kid growing up, and so was I. Bad posture, obsessive special interests that I'd talk people's ears off about, poor social skill, bad handwriting (exasperated by the fact that I was a lefty who was forced to learn to write right handed), sensory issues, not liking to be touched, etc. I've gotten a lot better at dealing with that stuff, but it doesn't really go away lol. I am very proud of how far I've come with touching and eye contact lately though!

I'm really into movies, both good ones and bad ones. They're definitely a special interest for me, I'm very much into having in depth discussions about movies I watch, especially the sociological aspects of them. I also like beading, reading articles about animals and insects/bugs (recently I found out that spiders move their legs using hydraulics), playing video games, I love paranormal stuff despite not being a believer, and I love music of all kinds.

Due to my mixture of disorders I dont have many friends, and I hope to make some here, as it can be very lonely when you have autism spectrum disorders (given that many neurotypicals don't know how to handle the weird or negative aspects).

Please feel free to talk to me at any time, I really do love talking to people, even though its sometimes a struggle to know what to say.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 9:08 pm

Welcome! Spiders ought to be given tiny stilts, you would certainly see them coming then.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 9:20 pm

DancingCorpse wrote:
Welcome! Spiders ought to be given tiny stilts, you would certainly see them coming then.

They really should! The whole hydraulics thing is pretty kick butt but it doesn't make spiders any less terrifying and sneaky haha.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 10:17 pm

Hey Lisa welcome. :sunny:

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 11:07 pm

Para-Psychology. I said it so now you can watch as all of the "debunkers" come out ! ;o
Feel free to touch me all you want after you become more comfortable with touching.
Anyway, welcome to our club or something, and feel free to make clubs of your own, too !

JorgeCV
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2016, 12:21 am

I have the same thing with movies. Sci-fi is my favourite genre, but I find lots of interesting sociopolitical interpretations in other genres too (action, superheroes, horror, to name a few)

I have a fascination with the paranormal, specially demonology. I recently read The Demonologist by Ed and Lorraine Warren, and Deliver Us From Evil by Ralph Sarchie.

I'd really like to hear about your movie interpretations.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 12:29 am

hi, lisa. welcome. what are your favorite types of music?

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 12:59 am

JorgeCV wrote:
I have the same thing with movies. Sci-fi is my favourite genre, but I find lots of interesting sociopolitical interpretations in other genres too (action, superheroes, horror, to name a few)

I have a fascination with the paranormal, specially demonology. I recently read The Demonologist by Ed and Lorraine Warren, and Deliver Us From Evil by Ralph Sarchie.

I'd really like to hear about your movie interpretations.

I'm into a variety of things in terms of the paranormal, but ghosts are probably my top choice. I also like cryptid stuff, and have been into weird Bigfoot documentaries since I was a kid. There was a short lived Bigfoot horror genre during the 70s, and I've seen quite a few of those movies.

My favorite classic paranormal author is Hans Holzer I think. I bought one of his books in middle school and have been into his writing ever since. In the last year I bought Unexplained!: 347 Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurrences, and Puzzling Physical Phenomena by Jerome Clark. It's very dry reading, so it's been slow going. It's about the size of, and written like, a textbook.

If you ever want to talk about movie interpretations I'd love it. As I said, it's something I really enjoy. Well, that and riffing movies while I watch them lol.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 1:05 am

cathylynn wrote:

Well, as I said I like a variety. I'm really into visual kei (up until 2006, where it started going downhill). My favorites in the genre are Buck Tick, Dir En Grey (prior to 2006), Malice Mizer, Guniw Tools, and Mucc.

I also really like noise rock, grunge, and r&b. And I really enjoy pop, as most people do.

What's your favorite type(s) of music?

sarahgem
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2016, 11:08 am

I'm 27, and suspect that I am on the spectrum. I love reading about animals, insects and their biology: both anatomical and genetic. Evolution and human migration patterns from genetics are my specific interests as of late. I have sensory issues with sound, but have always been fairly good with eye contact, which is part of the reason I never suspected myself until recently.

I love discussing movies in general, and meta-conversations in movies in particular. I play story-based video games (Ace Attorney, Knights of the Old Republic etc) and like reading people's hands/ palmistry even though I don't believe it myself. It can be a very fun ice breaker.

I love to talk to people and make new friends (even though I don't always succeed on account of coming across as weird), so I have a small number of very close friends, but not a large circle of friends by any definition.

Feel free to message me!

Sarah

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 8:46 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

Well, as I said I like a variety. I'm really into visual kei (up until 2006, where it started going downhill). My favorites in the genre are Buck Tick, Dir En Grey (prior to 2006), Malice Mizer, Guniw Tools, and Mucc.

I also really like noise rock, grunge, and r&b. And I really enjoy pop, as most people do.

What's your favorite type(s) of music?

i like pop (Bruno Mars is pretty cool), folk rock (Paul Simon is my teenage idol), show tunes, and classical. most everything is good except hard jazz, twangy country, and rap without a melody.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 10:30 am

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here and make new friends.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 2:57 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Nine7752
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jun 2016, 3:07 pm

Hi and welcome!!

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2016, 7:33 pm

Hi & welcome,
Discussions on Sci-fi and bugs always welcome too. :) Especially Ants. Maybe future masters of earth. :wink:

Hydraulics? Thats new to me too. But not surprised. Bugs are being studied more and more as models for future technology.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 7:39 pm

Thank you for the welcomes, everyone!

I personally really like beetles and moths/butterflies, but ants are pretty cool and impressive too.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor