Hello, from the bottom... Through the cracks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Cautious
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2016, 4:22 pm

edit test, is there a character limit for new users to keep one out of the endless captia loop....

Yes there is. Apparently if one actually suffers from the condition and is prone to write posts more than a paragraph long, they're automatically directed to an endless Captia loop.
Screw it.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 5:35 pm

I got caught in that loop a few days back, apparently I'd swore in the post but I didn't even use an offensive word but until I removed it I couldn't post... maybe it's just an obscure word you've used that may be taken offensively by the system.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 6:40 pm

Hmm I've had a triple captcha.. it loads really slow sometimes and times out. And randomly doesnt seem to like "shorttime" between posts...maybe. Or too may in time "x"?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 9:05 pm

Hey Cautious welcome. :sunny:

Cautious
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2016, 9:42 pm

DancingCorpse wrote:
I got caught in that loop a few days back, apparently I'd swore in the post but I didn't even use an offensive word but until I removed it I couldn't post... maybe it's just an obscure word you've used that may be taken offensively by the system.

Oh... Well that makes perfect sense.
Let's make an Autism forum with a secret list of words that a computer finds offensive, to cater to a sub-sect of people who don't even know what PEOPLE find offensive.
Now I feel really bad for getting so annoyed at my boss for not being able to grasp the fact that all that's needed is clear, specific, literal communication.
Sorry if I seem entitled, I just figured these things might be common sense here & I've been having a really hard time lately. I'd rather not go into crisis, as it doesn't work out too well for society in general when I do.
The last thing I'd expect is for an autism forum have built in cryptic riddles and to be harder to communicate on than any other forum I've come across.
But I value my laptop's screen, so I will just accept this and move on.
Thanks for the insight.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 10:28 am

Welcome! Sorry about the Captcha, it's definitely annoying!

aspieinaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jun 2016, 4:11 am

Hi, Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. If you do want to share, we are listening. I hope things improve for you and that you can find at least one thing a day that brings you joy. For me it's three things a day, my dogs :D I have two cats too but you know how they are. They do not jump for joy to see me. One of my three dogs, a chow mix, jumps all four feet off the ground, he's so excited to see me when I get home from work. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and sorry for the frustration you felt trying to reach out to us.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 3:08 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)