Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

climbergirl7
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Sep 2016, 6:03 pm

Climbing is Amazing!! !! It has helped me in almost every aspect of my life:) I feel so much better as a person, my mood is better, I'm strong and also have good esteem. Glad to have found a fellow climber:) I also live in the mountains because I feel so much better when I can wake up and breathe the fresh air! Hiking and camping are also loves of mine.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 3:45 am

I am an outdoor enthusiast, as well. I've lived most of my life, where the mountains and ocean, meet. I bodyboard, bodysurf, swim and stand up paddle. I've been an avid hiker for most of my life, and I've recently become acquainted with bouldering. I don't climb, myself, but, I thoroughly enjoy shooting photos of the sport.

Closet_Genius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2016, 3:20 am

I love the outdoors. My family owned a logging business and I started working when I was 12. Now for everyone that thinks logging is destroying the forrests...we were harvesting and making room for new trees. My family has logged a few patches of timber more than once due to regrowth. Anyway, I did that for 18 years until my dad had a stroke down both sides of a brain. Unfortunately he wouldn't let me take over because he was scared of me being out there with him. My second longest job held....1 year. I miss being in the woods with a chainsaw in my hands.

*edited a typo

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 12:29 am

climbergirl7 wrote:
Climbing is Amazing!! ! ! It has helped me in almost every aspect of my life:) I feel so much better as a person, my mood is better, I'm strong and also have good esteem. Glad to have found a fellow climber:) I also live in the mountains because I feel so much better when I can wake up and breathe the fresh air! Hiking and camping are also loves of mine.

Why couldn't I have met you when I lived in NM. I could not find anyone with which to climb. My girlfriend was too busy with work.

I am going to redo this climb tomorrow - https://flic.kr/s/aHskGZft5f

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 11:31 pm

I free soloed Tenaya Peak today. I tried some variations, so the hardest move was probably a 5.6-5.7.

images
https://flic.kr/s/aHskEF2J9g

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

06 Nov 2016, 10:35 pm

The woods is... Me... Fishing too... Backpacking, hiking.

Climbing scares the heck out of me.

Did some of the lake superior north shore trail a month ago. Cool breezes!

I like it when you get out of the house, and you start driving far away. You get like half way to where you are going, and it is like everything opens up new, and you close the door behind you. All that clutter in your mind is behind you somewhere in the fog, and it just doesn't matter. It is therapy.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:48 pm

Too many people press in on my mind. Like the explosion that triggers nuclear fusion. I flee to the isolated places to maintian my stability, to avoid meltdown I need places free of people, so I can exist.

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2016, 7:15 pm

Nature is fantastic.. I really can't get enough of it.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 11:03 am

Best thing about nature? It's almost free of people.

Rediscovered nature a while ago, bought some equipment and headed out the door. Learned a few things. As a child i used to live in the countryside in a smaller rural area. I almost had forest outside the door. I used to go walking in nature for an hour or more. We had some wetlands to the east that was dangerous, but apart from that there were varying types of forest, mostly coniferous, but to the west of the town it was more mixed along a lake.

I also used to take my bike into the woods and do "mountainbiking" before it got popular. I rode over rocks and downhill. Eventually i learned to take bandaid with me :lol:

When we moved to a new city, i jumped on my bike and started exploring the city, when that was done i started going outside town, most i did in a day was 44 km - and i forgot to bring water! Was a sunday so every store in the little towns i passed through was closed.

Longest i ever walked was a day trip across a nature park, almost 20 kilometers. Took a 65L expedition bag filled with stuff with me and tested if i could make it, and surprise - i did. Learned to take care of my feet, if i don't i walk till i bleed.. and then some.

I really like walking and taking pictures of animals and green parts and smelling the different smells of the forest and fields. Calms me down like nothing else. I have a hammock and a tarp that i can make a camp with in under 5 minutes and while it's adequate to sleep in with a 2 season bag until mid September, a week ago i decided to order a proper ultralight tent (1.1 kilo) that i'm gonna use this year. I have a 4 season sleeping bag (-39'C) but it's heavy and still wont help much against the elements.

Also gonna throw myself to the challenge of doing a longer multi day hike in 2018, main problem isn't time or money, it's finding someone to hike with. Most of the people i know are nerds who hardly ever leave their homes, or they have families and similar limitations.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2018, 6:59 pm

feral botanist wrote:
Too many people press in on my mind. Like the explosion that triggers nuclear fusion. I flee to the isolated places to maintian my stability, to avoid meltdown I need places free of people, so I can exist.

Yes! Nothing wrong with filtering out crappy beings on a regular basis. 8)

Aspertastic424 wrote:

100% Yes! :D

Ichinin wrote:

That too! :!:

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 6:37 am

Muziek wrote:
feral botanist wrote:

Yes! Nothing wrong with filtering out crappy beings on a regular basis. 8)

Aspertastic424 wrote:

100% Yes! :D

Ichinin wrote:

That too! :!:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yes, Yes, and Yes.

I take to the rivers in a canoe. I can spend weeks in the wilderness without people at all. Heavenly! Restores my soul.