Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 10:11 am

Decent people wouldn't bother you and treat you bad but people like to relate to others and when they can't relate to you, they have nothing in common and they don't interact with you or invite you to anything. They might say hi to you or try and do some small talk but when you don't initiate it, they "get the hint" and leave you alone and not bother with you again. They might try and talk to you about something or their personal life and when you have no interest in it, they get the hint and not talk to you anymore figuring you don't like them or don't really care about then. I don't think it's not about not accepting you. They just have a hard time relating to you.

The ones who bully and single you out and talk behind your back are not decent people. I call it immaturity.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 5:36 pm

^ I agree; anyone who mistreats or disrespects others in the ways I've read in some of the comments on here are either totally clueless or utterly indecent people.

I know that more NTs would be kinder if they knew what you might be experiencing and why (such as your diagnosis, for starters), but you shouldn't have to "reveal" yourself to be treated with as much regard as anyone else--that's your business, and people with any principles should give others the benefit of the doubt anyway! Some people are going to be....jerks...no matter what, but I'm really hoping that the general public will catch on sooner rather than later.