Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:27 am

Note: This is not a thread for atheists to spam.

I am just simply interested in people that believe in the spiritual world to share their ideas on what happens when you die.

Here's what I think. I don't believe in Demons, I don't believe in Hell. I believe in spirits very deeply. I think two kinds of spirits walk this earth, the rest are on a higher plane.

1) Evil spirits. Earthbound.
2) Guardian Angels. (Can go whereever in the universe they want). I think that the Guardian angel is the highest ranked of spirits, or what you would call "old souls".

I'm also debating on whether good spirits apart from angels could be earthbound too. Of course, I'm probably frightfully wrong, but we don't need to poo poo others ideas with flames.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:46 am

I've always had a half belief that my lady
waits for me, in a manner that we could
actually be together, rather than just
her touches outside. That, and that
once I can shed this mortal existence,
I'd have some REAL battle to fight.

But, it still doesn't seem enough.

Oh, that and all the dead whom
I've lost will be there, and I shan't
have to reach so far, in order to contact
them.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

03 May 2007, 7:50 am

I'm an atheist but I have theorised in the past when I was agnostic that the nature of the individual living on in an individual context would not make sense in heaven(If I was God and designing heaven). The individual would just become part of a collective whole. Borg like for the lack of a better word.

But with no real individual sub-units all beings would merge into one. Like we tend to think we are special and very individualistic but in the grand scheme of things we are rather simple and mostly alike.
But at the same time there would be no real need for this one collective being to really do anything. Just to set idle in a content state would be enough.

My own theory is via machine evolution every permutation of life will be on super computer in the last moments. So one way or another though atheistic evolution or real spiritual forces the universe will build the same heaven.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 9:21 pm

I have sort of a fuzzy belief in some sort of reincarnation. I don't mean coming back as a cat or that for instance Hale_bopp's Meg may come back as her neice.

I just have a feeling that your spirit (or soul :?) doesn't snuff it when your body does and that it can return somehow sometime :?

I suppose I am part Buddist.

And if there is a heaven, I hope our pets will be there too.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 9:36 pm

I believe in reincarnation, purely from a scientific standpoint of coarse. That being that our spirits are merely energy which is specific to the individual kinda like DNA, non-tangible parts of people like their thoughts, feelings, experiences, opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. Scientifically, energy doesn't die, it's recycled.

I do believe in an afterlife, but it is VERY different from anything we've witnessed here. I think there are other mediums and dimensions all around us that we can't see or hear. In other words, if you look around and you see a room, with a bed, tv, computer, whatever, in the EXACT same place but in another dimension, there might be lets say, an active volcano instead. Of coarse that was just a random example.

I do not know if spirits have any grand higher purposes as relates to our world, except for maybe individual goals. But I also think one's spirit is wiser than their mortal incarnation. For the spirit has been through numerous incarnations, and has access to other dimensions, and also has less of the genetic bs to get in the way. I think it is tied to the cycle of evolution on a grand scale too. But it's far more complicated than I care to explain at the moment.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 6:10 am

snake321 wrote:
I do not know if spirits have any grand higher purposes as relates to our world, except for maybe individual goals. But I also think one's spirit is wiser than their mortal incarnation. For the spirit has been through numerous incarnations, and has access to other dimensions, and also has less of the genetic bs to get in the way. I think it is tied to the cycle of evolution on a grand scale too. But it's far more complicated than I care to explain at the moment.

A person is only ever as wise as their spirit. You wouldn't get a wise spirit in an ignorant and foolish mortal.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 May 2007, 1:44 pm

im really afraid to die. why does there need to be a mans interpitation of heaven? i generally think heaven is space, so thus i think you go there when yer dead. thats it. im shure god lives on another planet

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:54 pm

My body is possessed by an evil earth bound spirit. It worries me thinking about what will happen to it when the bodies dies. The body is just a biological machine, the evil spirit may cease to be unless i replicate the DNA, which seems unlikely.

Miss Bopp can help with replication if she pays the airfare :heart:

Babtor24
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2007, 6:44 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Note: This is not a thread for atheists to spam.

I am just simply interested in people that believe in the spiritual world to share their ideas on what happens when you die.

Here's what I think. I don't believe in Demons, I don't believe in Hell. I believe in spirits very deeply. I think two kinds of spirits walk this earth, the rest are on a higher plane.

1) Evil spirits. Earthbound.
2) Guardian Angels. (Can go whereever in the universe they want). I think that the Guardian angel is the highest ranked of spirits, or what you would call "old souls".

I'm also debating on whether good spirits apart from angels could be earthbound too. Of course, I'm probably frightfully wrong, but we don't need to poo poo others ideas with flames.

The construct of heaven and hell is one created by man in order to keep people in line in a time when there really were no rules and one way to keep people in line is to scare them and what bigger scare is there than to suffer a eternity of torment and pain.

But then again a concept like eternity cannot really be comprehended even by the most astute of thinkers or complete human beings.

In terms of angels and demons living among us I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case but not in terms of guardian spirits but in terms of an individual's spirit and how that spirit has evolved over time and what it is now.

In terms of an afterlife yes there is some sort of afterlife because we are beings of energy our bodies are only the vessels that carry it, one of the reasons why we age(at least my own beliefs) is that our bodies contain this energy and since it is pure energy the body is going to deteriorate over time and die and then the energy is released to find another vessel for it to live in.

PS: And yes spirits are among us, but more like reflections of energies. I know this from personal experience and because Ghosthunters has shown me a different part of our world that is very interesting and to me very scary.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 7:38 pm

I believe strongly in reincarnation. I have had too many unexplainable experiences to not believe in it.
I believe that everyone we meet, who becomes a large part of our lives, is someone we have met before in a different physical form. I believe we are energy=energy does not die.. I believe in a soul/spirit. I have not yet fully decided on how the world of spirits works, but can only say I have done a lot connected to it. I believe there are things that science is never going to be able to explain which means there will always be a balance of sceptics and believers. I believe we are here to learn what we should not be, through our mistakes.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 9:43 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
A person is only ever as wise as their spirit. You wouldn't get a wise spirit in an ignorant and foolish mortal.

Heh, if a spirit is really wise enough they wouldn't come back here if they had any choice in the matter. This world, unless your willing or in a position to completely forsake it, eats at people like a virus and just coping with it as needed seems to force the wise to take huge leaps backward on their own progress just to be able to meet the overall playing field.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:34 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I believe strongly in reincarnation. I have had too many unexplainable experiences to not believe in it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17982545/

Quote:
Belief in reincarnation tied to memory errors

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 1:15 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17982545/

Quote:
Belief in reincarnation tied to memory errors

interesting but i have it slightly differently....i have instances where i have a strong feeling of deja vu and yet having never been in such a situation before (the last time this happened was about a week ago).

i figure it's just certain things that set it off.....but i've had it happen a lot and i always wonder....

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:04 am

We are each entitled to our own beliefs. I don't need any science for mine. I already looked into a lot of the science that 'tries' to explain things.

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:09 am

Graelwyn wrote:
We are each entitled to our own beliefs. I don't need any science for mine. I already looked into a lot of the science that 'tries' to explain things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-of-the-Gaps

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:43 am

Mitch8817 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-of-the-Gaps

Yeah there is mechanisms rooted in our neurology that allows us to accept or reject concepts related to the supernatural. For those that are very logical it very hard for them to accept supernatural concepts. Others may have other factors like memory errors and schizotypal personality characteristics, etc. And certainly there are those that do not give any of it much thought on either side of thinking(most people :) ).

In my case the concept of "supernatural" and science must be the same thing.

skafather84 wrote:
interesting but i have it slightly differently....i have instances where i have a strong feeling of deja vu and yet having never been in such a situation before (the last time this happened was about a week ago).

i figure it's just certain things that set it off.....but i've had it happen a lot and i always wonder....

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjà_vu#Links_with_disorders[/url]

Quote:
Links with disorders
A clinical correlation has been found between the experience of déjà vu and disorders such as schizophrenia and anxiety,[9] and the likelihood of the experience considerably increases with subjects having these conditions. However, the strongest pathological association of déjà vu is with temporal lobe epilepsy.[10][11] This correlation has led some researchers to speculate that the experience of déjà vu is possibly a neurological anomaly related to improper electrical discharge in the brain. As most people suffer a mild (i.e. non-pathological) epileptic episode regularly (e.g. the sudden "jolt", a hypnagogic jerk, that frequently occurs just prior to falling asleep), it is conjectured that a similar (mild) neurological aberration occurs in the experience of déjà vu, resulting in an erroneous sensation of memory.