Why would a Sanders supporter vote Trump? I don't get it.

Page 7 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 7:25 am

Back to the original question....

-Trump says he wants to end free trade deals like Sanders
-Trump says he wants tariffs on imports like Sanders
-Trump says he wants to limit "cheap labor" immigration like Sanders
-Trump says he wants huge tax increases on the rich like Sanders
-Trump speaks to the middle class like Sanders (e.g, he visited "Carrier" in Indiana when the company decided to close down and move the company to Mexico).
-Trump has hinted at single payer health care like Sanders (angering Republicans).
-Trump has stated he is against the war mongering like Sanders.
-Trump says he won't be influenced by special interests like Sanders.

might all be lies, but there you go

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 8:46 am

Quote:
Trump has gotten over 2 billion dollars worth of free media attention according to the NYTimes, CNN, Politico and others.

Trump gets free media attention by making controversial tweets that attract attention.
It's not a "gift" from the media.

docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2016, 9:03 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
Trump has gotten over 2 billion dollars worth of free media attention according to the NYTimes, CNN, Politico and others.

Trump gets free media attention by making controversial tweets that attract attention.
It's not a "gift" from the media.

if being controversial lets him run the cheapest campaign in American history and the swiftest nomination ever, that's fine by me. Under budget, ahead of schedule. He's playing the media for fools - who would've otherwise ignored him as a 'fringe candidate' (see what happened to Sanders).

Even if you don't like him, you need to acknowledge he's awoken middle America and royally pissed it off. No other Republican candidate had the potential to do that and frankly A "Crooked" - she's already branded lol - Hillary Clinton nomination simply is going to have no chance at beating that. Sanders had a chance and that was by channeling the same hate that Trump was, but he wasn't loud enough and the H.R.C biased media snuffed him out.

So now Hillary Clinton plans to win by having google censor negative results of her and by trying to "Connect" with young voters...pathetic lol.

Kezza wrote:
If Hillary becomes president not a lot will happen, society will largely remain unchanged. Where as under Trump, the capitalist system will crash and burn and people will see the fault with it, and be forced to change it for the better. I guess its a way of sabotage, trying to help engineer a complete collapse of the capitalist system.

Wait....what?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 2:24 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
The democratic party still has a large number of progressives in the party. Elizabeth Warren, Alan Grayson, Jan Schakowsky, Bernie Sanders to name a few. We have a two party state and that isn't going to change anytime soon. So are best bet in making progress in this country is to infiltrate the democratic party and weed out the bad elements.

As long as corrupting influence of money in politics is built into the system there is no weeding out the bad elements. The politician with the most money running wins about 95% of the time, if I remember my stats correctly. That means that if you are backed by big money, you are probably fairly safe in your position.

Thankfully we do have several organizations working to get money out of politics at the local level. I have read that two states are close to passing anti-corruption laws statewide, Washington and I can't remember the other state offhand.

Lukeda420 wrote:
The two party system has been with us since the beginning, a constitutional amendment is needed to change that. So sorry to say but right now there are only two viable options for President, Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. And with the supreme court up for grabs, the choice is clear.

There is no guarantee that Hillary will select a judge to the supreme court that will help to repeal Citizens United, Obama didn't.

I'm never Hillary, never Trump. I don't see the logic in selecting the lesser of two evils. :P

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 4:25 pm

Quote:
if being controversial lets him run the cheapest campaign in American history and the swiftest nomination ever, that's fine by me. Under budget, ahead of schedule. He's playing the media for fools - who would've otherwise ignored him as a 'fringe candidate' (see what happened to Sanders).

Agreed. I think the way he campaigns is brilliant.

Quote:
Even if you don't like him, you need to acknowledge he's awoken middle America and royally pissed it off.

I feel ambivalent towards him.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 10:18 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Yes and no. I'm largely just confused by it and I'm trying to understand. So far the responses I've gotten haven't helped much.

All I see is you hectoring people and cheer-leading for Hillary, small wonder you're not getting anything useful. You're not really trying to understand other people, and you're brow-beating them to vote for a candidate they clearly hate, it's not a very productive approach.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2016, 10:25 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Yes and no. I'm largely just confused by it and I'm trying to understand. So far the responses I've gotten haven't helped much.

All I see is you hectoring people and cheer-leading for Hillary, small wonder you're not getting anything useful. You're not really trying to understand other people, and you're brow-beating them to vote for a candidate they clearly hate, it's not a very productive approach.

You seem to misunderstand things very often.