Clinton Clothes Controversy: Is she dressing appropriately?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 1:07 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
No one should give a care about this.

I don't know what you mean, this is a vital, crucial issue for the whole world and harping about the way people look is indubitable proof of being a deep thinker with a full and meaningful life :P

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 1:10 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
The issue was that she was wearing the expensive wardrobe while delivering a speech on income inequality. It is a context issue rather than a fashion issue.

I see, so when discussing inequality, the affluent person should at least pretend they don't have money and prove their solidarity by adopting the frumpy, thrift-store look of the hoi poloi :twisted: .

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 10:37 am

Appropriate, I guess. fashionable? Hell NO. That sheete is ugly no matter the price. Like I care what she wore. She could wear jeans and a T-shirt and I still care more about message. Though maybe income equality and expensive suit should not be in proximity. She can find vintage Chanel cheaper and look well turned.

And she herself opened the who spends what for fashion critique when she attacked Sara Palin first for her own clothes not being "professional enough" and then when the Party bought Sara the expensive (an not much better) rags that caused such scandal for Palin's personal claim for modest budget. No one asked if she did the shopping, wanted that ugly off mannequin trash , they were all about labels. Hill opened a shark tank of fem bashing when she let the first blood drop and was eaten as well. Goofy Sara the fashion criminal and Hillary the lesbian mansuit wearer.
The media need to be held accountable for this kind of sheet. For now they hide under grey legality but I say check the sources or be held for libel could be a nice thing in our steadily Orwellian nation.
So now Hillbillary is wearing stuff as expensive and hideous. But the jacket was reduced to 8k or some such. Still there 5 negative hit pieces on Sara Palin seen near Trump wearing a *gasp* 700 jacket. -_-

http://distractify.com/news/2016/06/07/ ... ton-jacket

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-des ... g-strange/ (2008)

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... ge-9/?_r=0

(edit: see someone beat me to the speech content at the time :3 )

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Jun 2016, 11:16 am

What's appropriate I don't know but she has her own particular style, Hillary is pretty much synonymous with the pant suit. I can't help but think of a communist dictator when looking at her, her dressing more fancily now is just more evidence of her increased bought off wealth.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 11:19 am

Really fashion controversy? What in the f***, who cares....there are tons of problems/issues to address in this country and the rest of the world(some of which we've thrust ourselves into) and people are focused on what sort of fashion the candidates running for president have.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 11:22 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
The issue was that she was wearing the expensive wardrobe while delivering a speech on income inequality. It is a context issue rather than a fashion issue.

I see, so when discussing inequality, the affluent person should at least pretend they don't have money and prove their solidarity by adopting the frumpy, thrift-store look of the hoi poloi :twisted: .

If she's got an expensive wardrobe she should wear it...what does dressing 'poorer' and pretending help? I wouldn't put it past her to try something like that but it certainly wouldn't make me dislike her any less.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 12:35 pm

How about a party uniform? Then there will be no more "clothing controversies," and no body gets teased or bullied for not having cool or fashionable clothes.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 1:32 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
How about a party uniform? Then there will be no more "clothing controversies," and no body gets teased or bullied for not having cool or fashionable clothes.

Wouldn't that be interesting, though? All candidates would have to make public appearances wearing grey robes. And while we're at it, no private funding of campaigns. No television ads, either. Just publicly provided forums for the candidates to state their views on the actual issues facing the nation and possibly discuss/debate them with each other.

Of course, once we eliminate outside funding of campaigns, the lobbying industry would collapse throwing thousands of well paid lobbyists out in the streets. Just think what that would do to the local economy! All those restaurants out of business, all those cigar shops & bars shut down...

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 1:38 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

That's an excellent idea, we could also encourage equality by referring to each other as comrade.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 2:05 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Really fashion controversy? What in the f***, who cares....there are tons of problems/issues to address in this country and the rest of the world(some of which we've thrust ourselves into) and people are focused on what sort of fashion the candidates running for president have.

Yes, it's getting bigger by the day!

Granted as already posted Trump is boasting on how much more he spends on his suits for the campaign.
Even he is taking digs at Hillary's outfits to rile the public.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 2:44 pm

crazybunnylady wrote:
Women can't win no matter what they do. For fck's sake. Why does anyone care?

Exactly. There is never as much criticism thrown at male political candidates and politicians for how they dress and do their hair (Trump's hair aside, but who could resist ribbing him for his hair?) as at women.

Because a woman's worth is at least 80% based on what she looks like, not on her ideas and policies and actions.

:smh:

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 2:50 pm

They're talking about her clothes because they don't want to talk about the issues. Conservatives are getting desperate.

I have my own issues with Hillary, but I wouldn't say her wardrobe is one of them.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:05 pm

When it was revealed that John Edwards would spend $300 for a haircut, that was talked about. I only ridicule Hillary when she wears orange, and only because it's the same color as a prison jumpsuit.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:20 pm

Jacoby wrote:
What's appropriate I don't know but she has her own particular style, Hillary is pretty much synonymous with the pant suit. I can't help but think of a communist dictator when looking at her, her dressing more fancily now is just more evidence of her increased bought off wealth.

Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking her usual outfir reminded me of his supreme majesty Kin ung whatever. :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm

Illegal? No

Insensitive? Probably

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2016, 9:58 am

They don't do this BS about male candidates so they shouldn't do it about women.

That Limbaugh remark about watching a woman grow older in public -- what completely offensive and irrelevant BS. But then again, quel surprise from that moron, not.

We have to watch MALE presidents get older in front of our eyes, what's the big deal?

All just BS. And sexist BS, yeah I said it.