Page 6 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 10:53 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
This is also a compelling example of False-Belief Memory, how-ever, Curious J showed and detailed how he used to live in South America, unable to ask the locals as to which U.S. time-zones matched with the location where he was at on the continent, then using the time and map on his phone, followed the map from his phone to line up the U.S. equivalent via moving his finger up the screen until it showed which States lined up (directly North via a North-South line) with his immediate co-ordinate whilst he was in South-America.

What would account then for this kind of an anomaly unless macro-layers of data are being over-written ?

]

The guy was using his smartphone? A tiny screen on his smart phone? He probably couldnt even see the lines of Meridian on the tiny screen, and probably unwittingly slanted the tracks of his finger to line up with the USA, and which probably caused him to be on the wrong US time the whole trip (which wouldnt matter anyway- the locals wouldnt care if wanted breakfast at their lunchtime).

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 5:39 pm

Re-listening to his commentary, his stay there was not a mere trip for a day, but being there for 100 days, thus it seems unlikely that he'd be slipping his finger that incorrectly that many times to result in such inaccuracies (not to mention that his full video-presentation looks to be detailed enough to the point where I would have trouble believing that his ability to pay attention to detail was sloppy or careless). His finger-tracing was done frequently enough to the point where he stopped doing it after a while due to finding that it would nearly always line up with Central-Time of North-America. For these reasons I still find it difficult to dismiss this phenomenon of The Mandela Effect as mere Phantasy (purposeful spelling). I find it quite fascinating and do not even remember knowing about the existence of The Mandela Effect until looking into this thread a couple of days ago.

naturalplastic wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:
This is also a compelling example of False-Belief Memory, how-ever, Curious J showed and detailed how he used to live in South America, unable to ask the locals as to which U.S. time-zones matched with the location where he was at on the continent, then using the time and map on his phone, followed the map from his phone to line up the U.S. equivalent via moving his finger up the screen until it showed which States lined up (directly North via a North-South line) with his immediate co-ordinate whilst he was in South-America.

What would account then for this kind of an anomaly unless macro-layers of data are being over-written ?

]

The guy was using his smartphone? A tiny screen on his smart phone? He probably couldnt even see the lines of Meridian on the tiny screen, and probably unwittingly slanted the tracks of his finger to line up with the USA, and which probably caused him to be on the wrong US time the whole trip (which wouldnt matter anyway- the locals wouldnt care if wanted breakfast at their lunchtime).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 8:24 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Re-listening to his commentary, his stay there was not a mere trip for a day, but being there for 100 days, thus it seems unlikely that he'd be slipping his finger that incorrectly that many times to result in such inaccuracies (not to mention that his full video-presentation looks to be detailed enough to the point where I would have trouble believing that his ability to pay attention to detail was sloppy or careless). His finger-tracing was done frequently enough to the point where he stopped doing it after a while due to finding that it would nearly always line up with Central-Time of North-America. For these reasons I still find it difficult to dismiss this phenomenon of The Mandela Effect as mere Phantasy (purposeful spelling). I find it quite fascinating and do not even remember knowing about the existence of The Mandela Effect until looking into this thread a couple of days ago.
naturalplastic wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

]

Right. You lost your car keys. Therefore they had to have been stolen by space aliens (its the simplest explanation after all). Or it could be "macro layers of data being over written" on you(whatever THAT means). Lol!

He never found a hard paper map from any atlas, or even a roadside gas station to look at during the whole 100 day trip to check his smart phone map against? Couldnt even find a hotel room with a good sized internet computer screen?

If so then you can tell that he wasnt very "careful". Or he is not being very honest, or he is honestly reporting the results of his own honest incompentence.

And there is a problem with the internal logic of his story. He claims that every part of South America lined up with US Central time. Even if a giant lifted south america out of the ground and plopped it down so it lined up with the US midwest South Americaf would still be too big to fit into one time zone. At its widest point south America is atleast 3000 miles wide (more or less at the Equator). So that means the SA has to have at least three time zones. So even if the continent had been farther to the east than now it couldnt possibly be entirely on U.S. Central time.

FYI:Mexico and Central America are all mostly on U.S. Central Time. The Western slice of South America (Columbia, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, and Paraguay) are on Eastern Standard Time, The middle strip of S.A. ( Bolivia, Venezuela, and western Brazil) are on what might be called "Labrador Time" (the time zone of the empty Atlantic east of the US EST zone). And the eastern most part of the continent is on Greenland Time(Eastern Brazil,Uruguay,Argentina). The point is that South America has three time zones. Moving it west would change the time zones to different time zones, but you would still need three time zones.

And besides (as I explained above) I noticed that South America was farther east than most of North America on maps myself when I was a school kid in 1969 (long before that guy took his trip to South America).

frag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 6:36 pm

Almost all Mandela Effects are the brain's autocorrect. I mean "Interview with A vampire" sounds sort of normal, while "Interview with THE vampire" does not. Barbara Streisand looks more correct than Barbra (her real name), so mental autocorrect kicks in.

When "Sex AND the city" started I thought "Oh, so many will get this really odd name wrong".

The things we thought we heard or saw are either more natural, normal or down to the point. I rarely see the Mandela effect going into more complexity, instead of into less complexity. Can only find one example, "Looney tOOns".

Or like, life is cruel, so someone who was jailed forever must have died in jail, no way he had a happy ending becoming the president.

I wish there was something more fancy to this.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 6:55 pm

His claim was not about every single part of South America lining up with every single part of North America; how can I be so sure that you are not ironically passing along faulty information yourself when re-listening to the clip indicates that he only made one specific particular claim in regards to time-zones, and that was specifically the country of Chilé in particular always lining up with North American Central-Time ? Certainly, I do not dispute your answers as being compelling, but what makes you immune to the same phenomenon from everybody else having a faulty memory ? Not to mention the multitudes of comments from people who had studied geography all of their lives and noticing something peculiar about the map (and in Quantum-Mechanics it's not really that far-fetched of a Theory when the Double-Slit Experiment is taken into consideration as to having a potentially significant effect upon the realities that are being rendered).

naturalplastic wrote:
And there is a problem with the internal logic of his story. He claims that every part of South America lined up with US Central time. Even if a giant lifted south america out of the ground and plopped it down so it lined up with the US midwest South Americaf would still be too big to fit into one time zone. At its widest point south America is atleast 3000 miles wide (more or less at the Equator). So that means the SA has to have at least three time zones. So even if the continent had been farther to the east than now it couldnt possibly be entirely on U.S. Central time.

FYI:Mexico and Central America are all mostly on U.S. Central Time. The Western slice of South America (Columbia, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, and Paraguay) are on Eastern Standard Time, The middle strip of S.A. ( Bolivia, Venezuela, and western Brazil) are on what might be called "Labrador Time" (the time zone of the empty Atlantic east of the US EST zone). And the eastern most part of the continent is on Greenland Time(Eastern Brazil,Uruguay,Argentina). The point is that South America has three time zones. Moving it west would change the time zones to different time zones, but you would still need three time zones.

And besides (as I explained above) I noticed that South America was farther east than most of North America on maps myself when I was a school kid in 1969 (long before that guy took his trip to South America).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

I thought that he said "i traveled all over South America and everywhere I went it lined up with US Central Time".

If it wasn't "all over South America" but just "all over Chile" then that makes what he said is even dumber.

Chile is a long narrow ridiculous looking shoe lace of a country than runs down the Pacific Coast of South America- about 1500 miles long, but rarely more than a 100 miles wide (if that much). The long part is north to south, and the narrow part is east to west. That bares repeating-the LONG PART is...NORTH TO SOUTH. time zones change east to west, not (for the most part) north to south. That means that no matter how much you explore every highway, and every byway of Chile (thought it is fairly large country) you're gonna be in the same damned time zone! So if the guy was always in the one country of Chile but still habitually checked to see "which American time zone" he was in then he is severely lacking in common sense. He shoulda known that he only had to check it once, because it should have been obvious to him the whole country would be on the same time zone.

And that time zone is U.S. Eastern Standard Time. Not U.S. Central Time.But its adjacent to U.S. Central time. So he was just one off of the right time zone.

So I will opt for the explanation that he was one-off because of either faulty memory, or faulty map reading of his little smart phone. Sorry. Dont see the need to cue up the Twilight Zone music for this. :lol:

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 2:05 pm

Nope, I have to say, I find the Evidence for a Mandela-Effect to be far more convincing than Debunkery.

I recently double-checked with a Star-Wars Buff/Fan at a work-assignment, telling him to fill in the blank before the line, I am your Father, and his response was definitely Luke. Some "residue" has been presented up in clip...

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 5:24 pm

A while ago I watched ESB regularly on VHS, it was always something like
"obi wan told you I killed your father,NO I am your father!!"

Later on in the movie luke gets picked up in the falcon and vader is calling out to him "LUUUUKKKEE!" so maybe people are getting mixed up

frag
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm

I find it more interesting when you disagree with someone close to you about what happened. And maybe not about some small thing. Now we can start wondering if we're from the same dimension. If you or your friend jumped dimensions it means they are not the person you got to know. It sort of creeps me out. But it is interesting too. Both me and my friend have good memory although I know the weakness in mine is putting the memory where it belongs in time, so I usually do not claim to know that unless I'm absolutely sure.

Now there are things we remember in such different ways that both cannot simply be interpretations. Either one of us is simply crazy, or prone to false memories.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 8:00 pm

I can't believe this thread is still going. We all just need to accept that we're nuts and that we should all be in the funny farm. :wall:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 8:26 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I can't believe this thread is still going. We all just need to accept that we're nuts and that we should all be in the funny farm.
You first! :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm

Hey, I'll go first, much as believe in letting ladies go first, I'll go first anyway... ;o
/raises a giant White Flag with the words "I'm Crazy" imprinted on it and starts waving it around like a Patriot ! :D

Fnord wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I can't believe this thread is still going. We all just need to accept that we're nuts and that we should all be in the funny farm.
You first! :lol:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 6:45 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Again - all of you are probably confusing "New Zealand" with "New Guinea".
I don't think so for me at least. New Zealand has the right shape, New Guinea doesn't look like NZ. What I think happened with the New Zealand thing for me is that I have seen a map somewhere that showed it in a box to show both New Zealand and Australia at once, as they often do with Svalbard on Norway maps. That made me think Svalbard was much closer to Norway's main land than it is. Like this:
I think I must have seen a map do that with New Zealand and that made me think it was located to the north east of Australia, and that they just showed it like that to fit it in the map. That makes sense, New Guinea doesn't as I've never been confused about the shape of New Zealand.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 7:03 am

frag wrote:
I find it more interesting when you disagree with someone close to you about what happened. And maybe not about some small thing. Now we can start wondering if we're from the same dimension. If you or your friend jumped dimensions it means they are not the person you got to know. It sort of creeps me out. But it is interesting too. Both me and my friend have good memory although I know the weakness in mine is putting the memory where it belongs in time, so I usually do not claim to know that unless I'm absolutely sure.

Now there are things we remember in such different ways that both cannot simply be interpretations. Either one of us is simply crazy, or prone to false memories.
I agree. This is so very interesting to think about! I love thinking out loud about theories like that, they're so much fun, and so very creepy if you allow yourself to wonder "what if...".
I love reading these stories on reddit.

Of course, the thought of someone close to you being a shifter is really sad. My mother and I disagreed on the color of some item we used to have, and when we found it again, it turned out I was correct. Does that mean she's not my real mother? That's where it gets sad and crazy for me. If I'm gonna jump dimensions, I want my loved ones to come along. Come on universe, I can count them on a finger or two, it's not asking a lot, is it?
This last paragraph was partly tongue in cheek, but with a serious undertone as the implications of the theory is pretty sombering.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 1:40 am

Conspiracies can be quite punny; You know, back in Old Planet, the deal was a New World Order conspiracy:
Luke, I am your father! (This existence : No, I am your father)
It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood (This existence : It's a beautiful day in this neighbourhood)
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall... (This existence : Magic Mirror, on the wall...)
etc., etc., etc.

The NWO within THIS particular (possibly flat) Earth apparently is more like a New Word Order... ;o

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm

Welcome to quantum computing