Page 36 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 1:43 pm

NIN is Nine Inch Nails (the group), Piobaire.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 4:59 pm

Piobaire wrote:
What is your first name?
Emmet

Current perseverations:
Tremors

When did you discover AS?
diagnosed this year

Do you have other psych diagnoses?
FND, MDD, anxiety, LD/ADD, PTSD, and a partidge in a pear tree

Do you have a degree?
AS Emergency Medical Science, BSW, MSW

Kids?
2 step-kids; both grown & gone

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol:
Mostly silence. What's NIN?

Job?
disabled

Relationship with significant other, past or present?
Yes. Someone who loves, understands, and fully acepts me just as I am.

Plans for the future?
To be the best mate I can possibly be for her.

Anything else you feel is pertinent:

Piobaire, would it be alright if I sent you a PM, to ask about something you posted?

Jupiterfaery
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2018, 3:09 am

Current perseverations: Many silly vocalizations, funny (at least to me) accents and random content. I can control it and be quiet if I concentrate really hard.

When did you discover AS? I heard about it when I was a kid, then forgot all about it and was diagnosed in 2014

Do you have other psych diagnoses? No

Do you have a degree? No

Kids? No

Favorite music, other than NIN : This is such a hard one cause music is my obsession. My favourite genre is fusion. I listen to a lot of indie pop/synthy stuff but also neoclassical/darkwave, experimental electronic and rock. I used to listen to NIN a lot. If anyone wants to talk music, hmu.

Job? No

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Romance was complicated and is in the past. I am happier single.

Lilikoian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2018, 7:23 pm

MsTriste wrote:
Can this be stickied, please?

Of couse you may leave any question blank :)

What is your first name?

Current perseverations:
Forge of Empires
Major depression, anxiety
Do you have a degree?
RN, MS Nursing
Kids?
2 adult daughters, both NT
Bird song
Job?
Temp. Disability
Live alone
Plans for the future?
Travel would be nice

I used to hang out here a LOT. I’m MsTriste (started this thread). It’s been so long I have no idea what my password might have been, nor do I really want to take up that identity again.

Here because I need help with dealing with the world.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 1:57 pm

My new perseverations are spiral staircases and Pinterest.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2018, 11:23 pm

What is your first name?
My First name is Sid or Syd. However you think it should be spelled

Current perseverations:
Cats
I learned about in grade 4-5. I was diagnosed at 4-5 though
ADHD
Do you have a degree?
No
Kids?
No
I like Greenday, and Panic!at the disco
Job?
Shelving books at my aunts used book store

Never been in one

Plans for the future?
I dont really know right now. I know I want to live on my own one day.

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I am sensitive to touch. School is not really my best environment. I am sensitive to loud noises. I am also socially inept. Im not quite sure how to fix that. People say I am naive.

CloudArgonaut
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Aug 2018, 5:13 am

Current perseverations:

When did you discover AS? Just a couple of weeks ago

Do you have other psych diagnoses? no

Do you have a degree? currently a PhD student (history)

Kids? no

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol: usually something with an electronic beat. metal and rap mostly annoy me

Job? freelancer

Relationship with significant other, past or present? currently in a 7-year relationship (first serious one)

Plans for the future? I wish I had them

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 3:12 pm

CloudArgonaut wrote:

Current perseverations:

When did you discover AS? Just a couple of weeks ago

Do you have other psych diagnoses? no

Do you have a degree? currently a PhD student (history)

Kids? no

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol: usually something with an electronic beat. metal and rap mostly annoy me

Job? freelancer

Relationship with significant other, past or present? currently in a 7-year relationship (first serious one)

Plans for the future? I wish I had them

What aspect of History are you focused on? :D

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 11:03 pm

What is your first name? Gen will do. Nickname Ginger

Current perseverations: Minecraft, Geneaology, Gaming, RE-practicing former musical skills, Editing&co translating Chinese Light Novels, Drawing, bringing my son closer to skill for age. Not necessarily in order of time spent in focus.

When did you discover AS? Dad did but it was seen in our family already as a DX even back then in the 60s. So nice to be in monied families back then when tackling "rare" conditions. I was 3 was official first DX in Europe, second DX was that I was "cured" after therapy when I was 6 (because I became excellent 'Mimic" ..lol.. those tricksy humans won't know I'm different!). My last therapy session was at age 6 and a half.

Do you have other psych diagnoses? Hmm is Dyslexia considered psychological nowdays? I have had a previous DX of PTSD too.

Do you have a degree? Nope, a few credits short, then life happened.

Kids? Yep...3. all born after I was 30.

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol: Eclectic in a genre . but as DJ I play house and custom remix most.

Job? Presently a NEET

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Have a literal hand count of Exs. Ex husband was a traumatic experience. Latest guy is one that -I- actually picked! Instead of going with flow of a pursuer. Going strong as couple since summer 2012 and engaged in 2013. But we are rarely on same continent. It may go south after we get married.

Plans for the future? REjoin the workforce. Possibly go back to school to learn a skill viable for my health, age an interests. Pay off arrears stacked from older kids. Gain full custody of minor child in the house. get married, move to Poland, work towards retirement. Live mellow drama free life (at least preventable drama)

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I seem to have had some social and life skill regression in recent years. I may need to relearn Humanese again.

ApricitiousRory
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2019, 11:19 pm

What is your first name? Rory

Current perseverations: Building a new & much-needed work wardrobe, which for me involves endless research and finding the best choices that are within my budget (yes, there's even a spreadsheet); anime, right now specifically Sailor Moon; endless vacation planning; cross stitch; perfecting my cupcake baking repertoire; and reading voraciously.

When did you discover AS? Years ago i learned some acquaintances have AS but didn't learn much about it; discovered Attwood and descriptions of AS in females about 2 months ago. Numerous traits and experiences from childhood to now started to really click with those descriptions. Considering assessment & potential diagnosis.

Do you have other psych diagnoses? Yes. Attachment disorder with mixed depression & anxiety; gender dysphoria; binge-eating disorder.

Do you have a degree? No, never able to complete college; have tried 3 times so far

Kids? No, only furkids by choice

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol: Dance music from 70s to present; 80s/90s alt; classical, especially baroque; celtic; bhangra

Job? Yes, i've been a workaholic for decades.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Married 5+ years, though we've been together for 16 years total.

Plans for the future? Becoming more & more authentically me; selling our house; early retirement; volunteering; traveling.

Anything else you feel is pertinent: i'm a transgender female (AMAB) late bloomer, started my gender transition at age 54.

AQ score: 36
Diagnosed May 2021: ASD Level 1, requiring support; and also Unspecified Anxiety Disorder

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 9:38 am

I forgot to answer the question 'Do you have a degree?' The answer is yes in Business Studies.

kayell
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2019, 10:21 am

What is your first name?

Current perseverations: Reading - mostly non-fiction, mostly life sciences, preparing to move, plants, Rimworld, Civ

When did you discover AS? Suspected for a while, pretty certain now but not diagnosed. This week I started feeling certain on reading more. AQ test score 39

Do you have other psych diagnoses? Major depression, dysthymia, general anxiety disorder, (I suspect C-PTSD, but almost nothing will make me go back to a therapist)

Do you have a degree? BS Horticulture

Kids? Daughter, grandson, granddaughter

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol: Classical, baroque, renaissance, medieval, new wave, trance, some other forms of electronica, Indian folk, Arabic folk

Job? Retired. Former Extension agent, head gardener in a botanical garden (my favorite job), garden center woody plant manager, landscaping

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Way past, disastrous

Plans for the future? Moving to S. America in late May, figuring myself out, learning a pile of new plants I've never met before, hopefully meeting some compatible humans

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

TazCrystal

19 May 2019, 9:40 pm

What is your first name? Ricky

Current perseverations: Tattoos and my pet bird

When did you discover AS? I was 9. My parents told me about it

Do you have other psych diagnoses? No but I might. I have other struggles with my mood. My parents want me to get it checked out.

Do you have a degree? No but I want one. I would get a degree in History or Criminology. I would minor in Religion or Latin American Studies. That stuff interests me. I just wish I did not struggle with the social part of everything in life.

Kids? None

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol: Rock music

Job? I do volunteer work and odd jobs. Job interviews are extremely stressful for me and I can't seem to get through practice ones.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? I have been in one relationship with a girl who also has autism. It did not really go well for me though. She was really controlling.

Plans for the future? I hope to have a full time job one day. I live in a group home now. I want to be able to support myself.

Anything else you feel is pertinent
My favorite colors are blue and purple
I like the smell of perfume
I am very quiet
and I learn things slowly

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 1:36 pm

What is your first name? Krystal

Current perseverations: Writing, re-painting old furniture (NOT mid-century modern beauties though, I leave those alone like everyone should!), collecting vintage dresses, vintage figurines, toy rayguns, toy robots, and anything else I find interesting, reading (mostly non-fiction, right now I'm on a medical kick), thrifting, taking classes, video games, planning trips, I'm basically just all over the place.

When did you discover AS? Late teens/early 20s.

Do you have other psych diagnoses? ADHD.

Do you have a degree? Yes, I have a bachelor's degree and a master's degree.

Kids? Yep!

Favorite music, other than NIN: I'm super into music but I'd say my all time favorites are The Cramps, Depeche Mode, Garbage, Neko Case, Gorillaz, The Handsome Family, Fiona Apple, The Distillers and anything else Brody Dalle does, etc.

Job? Yeah, I work full time in the healthcare field.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? I'm married, I was also in a serious, long-term relationship before this one for five years. I had other relationships and casual things that lasted for less than a year before that.

Plans for the future? Oh jeez, so many. I'd love to be a column writer like those folks at Vox.com, or become a physician. Maybe have a business or something. Who knows if any of it will come to fruition.

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I have an identical twin, that's pretty cool.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

ConverseFan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jul 2019, 8:43 pm

What is your first name?

Current perseverations: A lot of things, my pets, and tattoos mostly

When did you discover AS? 7, I was diagnosed before that though

Do you have other psych diagnoses? No

Do you have a degree? No

Kids? No

Favorite music, other than NIN Green day, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, P!ATD, and many others

Job? None

Relationship with significant other, past or present? It was with another autistic person, it lasted a month

Plans for the future? A college program for people with special needs is where I am going to after school. I hope to learn life skills

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I'm pretty much non verbal. It takes a while for people to get used to. I will talk only sometimes. I mostly make sounds to be honest. I can do a lot though. I have a bad speech impediment that makes me not feel like talking a lot

slave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 3:05 am

martianprincess wrote:
What is your first name? Krystal

Current perseverations: Writing, re-painting old furniture (NOT mid-century modern beauties though, I leave those alone like everyone should!), collecting vintage dresses, vintage figurines, toy rayguns, toy robots, and anything else I find interesting, reading (mostly non-fiction, right now I'm on a medical kick), thrifting, taking classes, video games, planning trips, I'm basically just all over the place.

When did you discover AS? Late teens/early 20s.

Do you have other psych diagnoses? ADHD.

Do you have a degree? Yes, I have a bachelor's degree and a master's degree.

Kids? Yep!

Favorite music, other than NIN: I'm super into music but I'd say my all time favorites are The Cramps, Depeche Mode, Garbage, Neko Case, Gorillaz, The Handsome Family, Fiona Apple, The Distillers and anything else Brody Dalle does, etc.

Job? Yeah, I work full time in the healthcare field.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? I'm married, I was also in a serious, long-term relationship before this one for five years. I had other relationships and casual things that lasted for less than a year before that.

Plans for the future? Oh jeez, so many. I'd love to be a column writer like those folks at Vox.com, or become a physician. Maybe have a business or something. Who knows if any of it will come to fruition.

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I have an identical twin, that's pretty cool.

May I ask, does your TWIN have ASD like you? I'm fascinated by the degree to which ASD may or may not be genetic.

If you are willing to answer, I would also like to know if you and your twin have sensory challenges and if you have identical sensory issues.

A warm welcome to WP. :D :D :D