Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2007, 1:00 am

Post edit here... I'm certain that I qualify for entrance into Dino land, but I'm still parenting, so will move my chat of advice to the Parenting forum... more edit below this...

Original post wrote:
Apatura wrote:
...long or brief...

Try to be zen. (I think that's an oxymoron.)

Sheesh... Where to start? It will be "long" as I have a ton to share... not now though, so "brief" is the operative...

Isn't the word "Parenting" an oxymoron? As in it's hellish at times, and heavenly-fun at times...

Suggest that anyone considering it start by knowing that parenting-hell has fun-rewards...

Yawnnnnnn.... It's quiet now... the kids just went to bed... Think I'll do some reading...

Got a lot to say about this having raised three, two still teens now, and one off and Married. Stay tuned... I'll share more later....

More post edit:

I've been a struggling parent for years... Though now am somewhat relaxed knowing the reasons behind some of our family’s behaviors.

"Somewhat" meaning: They are teenagers now and how can ANYONE relax around the activities of intelligent, precocious, "in-your-face" debaters...

WE sort-of operate under Montessori principles with structure (Oxymoron?)...

They are bold around home and will share anything, well, almost, I need "more" sharing about the new potential boyfriend I just heard of :). They tell me that they are shy outside and at school... Another oxymoron of personality...

My kids have two "worlds" that they live in: one at home, the other off at Public school. Home is safe, a place to express themselves without judgment. As in allowed color choices when it comes to painting their rooms, stapling pictures to the wall (The whole wall!?), and sometimes painting mine, graphically... more on this later...

Frustrates me to see them try to fit in -- Dumb themselves down. Don’t allow this to happen simply because he lacks friends. Perhaps better to try someway to let him know friends will come later, Hah! When the friends catch-up... IMO...

It has been a “long road” to “teenager”... I wish I knew then what I know now...

I would have put more effort into seeking alternatives in education such as home schooling and private school...

Think I’ll hang out in the parenting forum for a while...

Regards, Beammeup

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 4:20 pm

Advice to parents of aspiekids. Read "nutbag's blog" on this site.

I have really tried to encapsulate some of the AS experience.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button