Aspergers with Psychosis late Diagnosis

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

John1066
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jun 2016, 4:03 am

Hi Forum,

I have been suffering from bouts of Psychosis for most of my adult life. I have wondered the triggers for many years I found that social anxiety was one of the accelerating factors. This caused me to question wether I could be on the Autistic spectrum. So I took a diagnosis and found I had Aspergers. This has been helpful to me and has allowed me to see my past experiences in a different light. I am now able to look at other peoples experiences and read about coping strategies. I am wondering if anyone else has the same or similar experiences they would like to share? :D

John

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 3:10 pm

Hey John welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 4:21 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

chucmccain
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jun 2016, 2:42 pm

Hi my name is Chuck and I was diagnosed with Asperger's after being diagnosed with severe anxiety and major depression with psychosis. After month of sessions with my therapist. She told me I was interesting. Because of the multiple things going on. I have had a voice that talks to me in my head ever I was a child. I call my best friend. It seemed to be the only one who was nice to me and give advice and every once and a while tell me a funny joke. I also disappear in my mind when things get to noisy, to stressful or I am uncomfortable with what is going on around me. Sometime I just go outside and sit in the tree or the roof across the parking lot. My doctor and wife have learned to recognize when I am not there any more. My wife will change the subject and my doctor just ask to please come back and talk to her. So yes I can relate to your question very well.