Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2016, 6:21 am

I met this guy online and we've been talking for several months. We went out together for the first time awhile ago, and the date seemed to be great. But he seemed kind of stressed, and he told me he was kind of down. We talk like normal and things seem great, then suddenly he tells me his parents are kicking him out and selling their house, and he has to find a new place to live. He tells me he will be too busy to hang out again for awhile. He used to text me almost daily, but now he rarely texts me. I'll text him occasionally, and he always answers, but he doesn't seem as talkative. He just keeps saying how he's stressed out, and he's sorry he's preoccupied, and he hopes things will get better soon. He used to use Facebook constantly, now he's rarely on. He hasn't been on the dating site we met on either.

He had told me he might be able to hang out with me again, but then never got back to me. I asked if he was too busy and he said yeah, and that he was sorry. I asked when we could hang out again, and he said "I don't know, but sometime".

I really liked him and he seemed very interested at first. Since all of this happened after our first date I keep wondering if maybe he decided he didn't like me after all. But, he really seemed into me during our date, and wanted to go somewhere else with me when it was over.

I feel like I should just wait and give it time, but it's killing me! I just can't stop thinking about him, and wondering if I'll ever get to see him again... He says so, but I keep thinking maybe he's lying to spare my feelings. Am I just being paranoid?

tl;dr: Had a great first date. But his parents are kicking him out and he hasn't been talking much/too busy to hangout. Is he blowing me off?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 8:11 am

He is blowing you off.

Aside from that, the fact that his parents are kicking him out is not as important as why they are kicking him out. Did he do something shameful or illegal? Did he fail to pay the rent? Does he even have a job?

Very suspicious ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 8:25 am

I take that the whole part of him being kicked out of his parent's house as a hint that he may already be in a relationship with someone else. One thing I have learned is that guys lie to women when they aren't interested in them. My sister had a boyfriend tell her that he needed to concentrate on school but came to find out that he was cheating on her. I do believe he is blowing you off.