Dating Pregnant Women/Mothers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm

I've been using dating sites for a few years now with no luck, and I've been wondering for a while if I should really be passing up the pregnant women and mothers the way I am. I'm only 24, and I'm not in any way shape or form ready to be a father, and I'm afraid that if I date a woman who has a child or is going to have one, that'll have more of an effect on me than I'm ready for. I mean, if I'm going to have a serious relationship with this woman, that means I'll have to have some sort of relationship with their kid too, right? Not to mention that since I'm not the father, that could lead into some messy confrontations with the kid's real father. But on the other hand, what if she's my soul mate (or as close to it as you can get), with the only downside being that she has a kid? I mean, I like kids. I get along with them better than most men my age I know. But I'm not ready to HAVE ONE, you know? What do you think?

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 11:12 pm

No. Don't do it. Not at your age. My best friend did this, would up getting the girl pregnant again. And again. It's probably a trap for someone like you. Not to say all single moms shoudl be disregarded, but someone has to be in the right mind for that for sure.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2016, 12:14 am

Serious relationship? Sheeeit.
Pregnant women are horny as hell.
They are probably just looking for some beefcake.
A woman really needs to feel good about herself during this time.
And, she really needs some sucker to pay her doctor bills.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 3:14 am

"I'm only 24, and I'm not in any way shape or form ready to be a father, "

Listen to your own advice. Say 10 years from now you can return to this topic. In any case, I wonder what pregnant women want from a dating site. They have other worries than finding a boyfriend.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 3:20 am

Sorry but a pregnant woman on a dating site surely 100%, without any doubt, is searching for a father/provider replacement.
And before you kill me, I am saying pregnant, not single mom.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 6:36 am

I wouldnt date a guy with children personally. If you date someone with children you have to take on some of that responsibility something i am also not ready to do. I think its best for you and the mothers for you not to date if you are not ready.

I agree with Boo in a way, i wouldnt want to become a mother figure to a child if a single father was looking for a partner

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 7:17 am

underwater wrote:
"I'm only 24, and I'm not in any way shape or form ready to be a father, "

Listen to your own advice. Say 10 years from now you can return to this topic. In any case, I wonder what pregnant women want from a dating site. They have other worries than finding a boyfriend.
\

Because they consider a boyfriend as a solution to these worries. ;)

Amyes87
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2016, 9:22 pm

I'm a single Mum, have been since the day I found out I was pregnant. At no point in my pregnancy did I consider looking for a relationship - it seems odd to me that any pregnant woman would? Takes all types to make the world go around I guess. My son's father is not in the picture at all, my son is 4 now. I've never felt the need to replace what he's never had, I surround him with good male role models in the form of family members. If I was to let another male into my life it would be consistent with this, a good male role model, a friend for my son, not a replacement father. Please do not get into a relationship with a pregnant female or one with kids if you don't want that kind of commitment - or at least find out exactly the role she expects you to play in her child's life. You are relatively young, don't settle for what you clearly don't want out of loneliness. :)

Tjoye56
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2016, 7:16 pm

Test deleted. This is not a matchmaking site.

solo
Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2016, 11:13 pm

I have no idea regarding relationship, my knowledge comes from watching others and TV. Shows. But my gut screams bad idea. I have thought about this too and have the same concerns as your original post, but not a chance in hell would I do that at your age, or ever. I know that sounds bad, but I am very Leary of people's intentions and I would never feel 100% confident that she is not just looking for a financial replacement.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 9:08 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
I've been using dating sites for a few years now with no luck, and I've been wondering for a while if I should really be passing up the pregnant women and mothers the way I am. I'm only 24, and I'm not in any way shape or form ready to be a father, and I'm afraid that if I date a woman who has a child or is going to have one, that'll have more of an effect on me than I'm ready for. I mean, if I'm going to have a serious relationship with this woman, that means I'll have to have some sort of relationship with their kid too, right? Not to mention that since I'm not the father, that could lead into some messy confrontations with the kid's real father. But on the other hand, what if she's my soul mate (or as close to it as you can get), with the only downside being that she has a kid? I mean, I like kids. I get along with them better than most men my age I know. But I'm not ready to HAVE ONE, you know? What do you think?

You need to ask yourself this: am I willing to have a positive part of the kid/kids life? If not I wouldn't date someone with children. It's why I don't. I don't want or like children and I think it's unfair to kids to have a parent who is dating someone who doesn't spend time around them or doesn't do it willingly.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 10:01 am

I’d date one as long as I were her children’s father.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Tjoye56
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2016, 10:23 am

Text deleted. This is not a matchmaking site.