Does anyone else here despise Donald Trump?

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2016, 4:44 pm

I hate Donald Trump so much. I feel that he is exploiting tragedies like Paris, San Bernardino, Brussels and now Orlando to radicalize Christians in a similar way that groups like ISIS exploit the US-led war on terror to radicalize Muslims. I fear that his policies (such as banning Muslims from entering the US, mass surveillance of mosques and communities, making Muslims where special ID badges) will play directly into the hands of groups like ISIS and cause them to take over all the countries that I wish to travel to (like Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan and Palestine for example) and eventually cause them to win/take over the world. Anyone else frustrated with this man? FYI, I myself am a white American (8 percent European Jewish btw) who's pissed off at the behavior of my fellow Americans and I've lost all my "friends" my age to Donald Trump. Has this happened to anyone else?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

Oh yeah.

There are quite a few of us here on WP who don't want Trump in the White House.

And there are quite a few on WP who fervantly, passionately, fanatically, and rabidly, want him in the Oval office. I am not one of the latter. But I am sure we will hear from those in the latter category on this thread in about five seconds, four....three...2....1....

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2016, 5:29 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Oh yeah.

And there are quite a few on WP who fervantly, passionately, fanatically, and rabidly, want him in the Oval office. I am not one of the latter. But I am sure we will hear from those in the latter category on this thread in about five seconds, four....three...2....1....

Well, they're not here yet. Btw, I'm also a fiction writer and my stories have to do with a certain part of the world so I fear that if Trump is elected, like-minded people like us will be less than 1 percent of the population.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm

RealJALloyd wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Oh yeah.

Well, they're not here yet. Btw, I'm also a fiction writer and my stories have to do with a certain part of the world so I fear that if Trump is elected, like-minded people like us will be less than 1 percent of the population.

You write novels about the Middle East?
Interesting.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 5:39 pm

Trump's Muslim positions seem in line with America:

-Our hands are very dirty with the blood of Muslims.

-We've been killing them all over the world for decades. We've killed millions of them in recent years.

-9/11 comes this year, all the 9/11 bombing movies will be shown on tv-- reminding us the threat they pose.

-The military movies of killing Muslims / getting Osama Bin Laden (American Sniper, Zero Dark Thirty...) were hugely successful

-There is possibly a new development, that it's OK to depict Muslims as the "evil people" now. We see this in the new movie "Eye in the sky" with Muslim bombers.

-a recent poll showed a over 50% of Americans support Trump's Muslim ban.
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/27452 ... muslim-ban

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 5:47 pm

Quote:
I fear that his policies (such as banning Muslims from entering the US, mass surveillance of mosques and communities, making Muslims where special ID badges) will play directly into the hands of groups like ISIS and cause them to take over all the countries that I wish to travel to

It's an interesting choice you face, vote Trump who you fear might empower ISIS or Hilary, who created ISIS by stoking the fires of civil war in Syria.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 5:56 pm

I don't know if I DESPISE the man necessarily. But I don't really LIKE him all that much.

I don't think he's qualified to be President. I don't think he will add to our prestige worldwide.

He is a reality-show buffoon who should just stick to firing people in "The Apprentice."

He has lots of the prejudices of people I grew up with in New York.

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2016, 7:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
RealJALloyd wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Oh yeah.

You write novels about the Middle East?
Interesting.

Actually, they're a fantasy novel trilogy with a middle eastern and northeast African concepts (along with concepts from medieval Europe and Central Asia), characters and themes. I've finished book one and am currently working on book 2 while book 3 is still in pre-planning. These novels have received harsh criticism from my friends and relatives alike (though my mom, sister and a handful of my friends are my supporters). I've been told that, "Now is not the time!" although none of my characters are Muslim or any real-world religion for that matter and that the plotline is shallow and sexist. I'm torn between Trumpism and PC feminism and there doesn't seem to be an in between. It also doesn't help that I live in a very redneck rural small town with less than 1000 or so young adults (aged 18-24 (330 of which are on my facebook friends list) in an area of 30,000 people (it's mostly little kids, pre-teens, parents and old people) and Donald Trump is the most popular presidential candidate here and the democrats are generally Hillary supporters (with some exceptions here and there supporting Bernie Sanders).

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2016, 7:32 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

-We've been killing them all over the world for decades. We've killed millions of them in recent years.

-9/11 comes this year, all the 9/11 bombing movies will be shown on tv-- reminding us the threat they pose.

-The military movies of killing Muslims / getting Osama Bin Laden (American Sniper, Zero Dark Thirty...) were hugely successful

-There is possibly a new development, that it's OK to depict Muslims as the "evil people" now. We see this in the new movie "Eye in the sky" with Muslim bombers.

That's why I'm trying to leave the country forever although I'm not Muslim, anything that looks or sounds foreign AND contains explicit matters is automatically deemed Islamic/Satanic (this includes my novels, anime, the music I listen to, the video games I enjoy, etc.) in my area and it's very dangerous to be non-christian (I'm 8 percent European Jewish) in my town. I don't have a college degree though I have a High School Diploma and 12 college credits. Do I have any options other than joining the peace corps or anything military related?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 7:45 pm

His personality combines traits of pretty much everyone that has bullied me and loud obnoxoius type A people that have annoyed me. Despise is the right word.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 7:56 pm

I LOVE TRUMP! Some ass tried to kill Trump today and I hope that SOB rots in prison! :evil: He wasn't the first and he won't be the last I'm sure. F'n loser.

GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP! :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 7:57 pm

RealJALloyd wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

That's why I'm trying to leave the country forever although I'm not Muslim, anything that looks or sounds foreign AND contains explicit matters is automatically deemed Islamic/Satanic (this includes my novels, anime, the music I listen to, the video games I enjoy, etc.) in my area and it's very dangerous to be non-christian (I'm 8 percent European Jewish) in my town. I don't have a college degree though I have a High School Diploma and 12 college credits. Do I have any options other than joining the peace corps or anything military related?

Bye!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 8:31 pm

Not a huge fan of the man, but I love that his run has done so much damage to our party system that is in such urgent need of reform. Also, he angers people who annoy me, so there is that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 8:49 pm

My current sig line, in case I change it later ...

Quote:
If that lying, draft-dodging racist Donald Trump really wants to "Make America Great Again", then he should start with his own little piece of it and recognize the legally-constituted labor union at Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. He should also man up and stop hiding his tax returns from public scrutiny. Trump University was a fraud - just follow the money.
Why anyone would like that sleazeball is beyond my comprehension.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 9:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
My current sig line, in case I change it later ...
Quote:
If that lying, draft-dodging racist Donald Trump really wants to "Make America Great Again", then he should start with his own little piece of it and recognize the legally-constituted labor union at Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. He should also man up and stop hiding his tax returns from public scrutiny. Trump University was a fraud - just follow the money.
Why anyone would like that sleazeball is beyond my comprehension.

In this election, people aren't picking their sides because of a nominee's past history, otherwise Hillary wouldn't be where she is right now. And if I'm anything, I am definitely loyal - to Trump!

Darn, I flunked.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 9:26 pm

Trump is what happens when a nation largely dismantles not only its industrial base, but its educational system too. Millions of Americans not only do not have a computer and internet access, they likely don't have any idea HOW to work a computer or surf the net. Even for college grads in "high demand" fields, they are stuck emailing resumes into a black hole-no responses, no nothing-along with a thousand other applicants for the same job, and then the employer moves to Bangalore because "Americans aren't qualified, they don't want to work". Today's schools are mainly focused on getting kids to pass state mandated tests, with interregnum periods of ramming New Leftist propaganda down kids' throats. So, people fight over the few burger flipping jobs left while being told that even those jobs will disappear soon. Wages go down while costs soar. The situation is similar to 1920s Germany. Eventually, a demagogue pops up.