Page 231 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234 ... 252  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 8:07 pm

Quote:
[Midnightstar is no longer here, unfortunately. :( ]

(What happened to Miss Midnightstar?)

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 8:44 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
Kiki must not have noticed Mars standing there, because when they looked up and saw him they jumped back in surprise. "Oh!"

Their eyes wandered slooowly down Mars' figure, taking in every single inch and detail, before slowly wandering back up. They stared at him for a second, before a grin slowly spread across their face.

"Did I die again, or are you seein' what I'm seein'?" they asked Mike, their eyes not really leaving Mars.

Mike looks around to see what Kiki is looking at so intently. "What, Mars? Yeah he definitely seems pretty real and as far as I know we are not dead. Why do you ask?"

Mars looks at Kiki rather confused by their androgynous appearance. He had once tried a long distance relationship with this one girl who lived on Earth but it didn't really work out due to the signal delay being between 10 and 30 minutes depending on the relative positions of Earth and Mars and neither one of them wanting to deal with moving to another planet. A relationship between universes would be even more insane. Then again it wouldn't be the craziest thing he had succeeded at. Mars says "Are you ... sure?" OK, that could have gone better. "You are not so bad yourself. This is kind of awkward but are you male or female?"

Mike says "I honestly have no idea and I haven't bothered to ask They are from a different planet so for all I know they might reproduce via mitosis. Not this planet, another different planet. It orbits a purple star and apparently magic is a thing there, I know because I just came back from it. Don't even try to make sense of it, I gave up days ago."

UncannyDanny wrote:
(What happened to Miss Midnightstar?)

(Her parents thought that this forum was a bad influence on her so she isn't aloud on it anymore.)

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 9:30 pm

^(Goodness, what is up with her parents?! We didn't actually do nothing wrong, yet they've been calling us bad influences just because we bring up certain stuff like LGBT's and lacking sexual stereotypes?! They don't really know us, so what right do they have to judge us like that, and have Miss Midnightstar stay away from us like that?! What's the big freakin' deal?!)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 7:05 pm

^If you'd like to rant, you can pm me and I'll listen.

Also, bump.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 10:20 pm

Laura pulled away from Calem abruptly. Her face was bright red and she was panting heavily. She leaned in to give him another kiss, this time a simple peck on the cheek, before deciding to rejoin the group.
Kimmy instantly smiled at Laura as she marched out of the corner that she was in with Calem.
"Phew... sorry we took so long..." Laura said nervously, glancing over at Calem with a nervous smile.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:43 pm

(@Midnightstar18, recently I introduced a new character so I'm just going to leave this here so you can see what happened. It's just on the previous page.)

mikeman7918 wrote:
A man bursts in the house looking rather out of breath, he looks to be about 25 and his left eye is replaced with a mechanical one with a camera in place of an iris. He is wearing a leather jacket over what looks like a compact pressure suit. He rushes over to Mike and grabs his left arm, rolling up his sleeve revealing the robotic arm. "Woah, who are you and what are you doing?" says Mike, and the man responds "OK, good, you are the alternate Mike with the robotic arm and not the other one. You can call me Mars by the way, that isn't my name but nobody ever uses my name or really knows it for that matter."

Mike: "So why are you here? You must have tracked me down for some reason."
Mars: "There is a problem. You know that alternate Mike? I believe you met. Anyway, I'm from the same universe as him. I don't know if I have a doppelgänger in your universe since I was born after the start of the Great Solar War and on the planet Mars."
Mike: "Why do you go by Mars then? Doesn't that get confusing?"
Mars: "Not really, the planet is used in the context describing a place and my name is used in the context describing a person. That aside, I kinda' need your help. Well, a lot of people do but they don't know it yet. I stowed away on the battleship currently in orbit and apparently Captain Planck is negotiating with some organization known as Team Eon."
Mike: "And what's the problem? Captain Planck is a great guy, he is sure to help resolve this whole situation."
Mars: "The problem is that we are not talking about the same person, this is the Captain Planck from my universe. Not such an upstanding guy, knowing him he will probably be helping Team Eon in return for probing the local wildlife and maybe even exploiting the moon orbiting this world. He needs to be stopped, and I'm hoping that you have a plan."
Mike: "Wait, the Solar Alliance is in on this? That can't be right... It does explain the design of the ship though... F**k."

~~~

Mars looks over at Laura and then asks Mike "Do you know this person?"
Mike: "Yeah, unlike some people here she is actually from this planet. A local Pokemon trainer who took down some evil gang."
Mars: "Her? Wow, she seems a bit young to be saving a world. What are Pokemons anyway?"
Mike: "The plural is 'Pokemon' but whatever. They are pretty much the local wildlife that people train and battle with. They have some pretty crazy abilities and they are certainly more intelligent then Earth wildlife."
Mars: "Considering that this is the first Earth-like world I have ever been on even if you count Earth that doesn't say much but OK."
Mike: "You have never been to Earth? I can't say I blame you but I would think it's somewhere you would want to visit at least once."
Mars: "My parents grew up on Earth and they didn't have many good things to say about the place. In any case, with any luck I'll live to see Mars terraformed. It's pretty crazy being able to walk around in the open air like this."

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:50 am

Laura raised an eyebrow and put a hand on her hip. "And how old do you think is old enough to be saving the world? And your looking at the champion of this country, so don't go underestimating me!"
An expression of empathy crossed her face. "Wow, this is your first time to earth? That is ka-ray-zy! So your saying your from Mars? That's so cool!" she squealled.

Lizzie, meanwhile, fluttered around Mars' head. "Biiii?" she giggled.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 1:20 pm

Mars replies "I didn't mean to imply-... I mean, I'm a bit young to be stowing away on an orbital gunship and trying to stop a war between universes. Most people my age are off studying either to become a soldier or something that's actually useful, but I am spending my 25th year of being alive salvaging space battle debris and occasionally doing arguably really stupid things like sneaking into bases and ships belonging to the Solar Alliance military. And yes, I was born on Mars. Why do earthers always feel sorry for martians? I have never understood that."

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 7:51 pm

Laura's cocky and proud expression fell. "Umm, sorry I took that out of context, but don't mind me cause I'm an idiot." she giggled. "And hey, isn't sneaking around Solar Alliance ships the same thing we were doing yesterday? ...Or a few days ago? I don't know. Point is that if your stupid we're stupid--" she looked over her shoulder at everyone. "Eek, disregard that. like I said, I'm a total idiot, more than all of you idiots.. Wait, Your not idiots, and I'll shut up before I say anything else that's dumb." She said, and promptly marched back to the sofa to sit next to Calem.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:17 pm

Guinan laughed, and then turned to Mars. "Maybe you could tell us then, what Mars is really like."

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:52 pm

Mars replies to Laura "Oh, your not wrong. I am admittedly an idiot, no sane man would fly a ship around a secret military base surrounded by keep out signs and end up barely escaping alive with a bounty on my head. That is why I go by 'Mars' instead of my real name."

When Guinan asks what the planet Mars is like he responds "It's pretty nice, I live in Victoria colony which despite being fairly small has a large biodome at it's center with a few high rise buildings and an artificial forest. It seems like it would be cramped but I haven't even seen the whole colony yet and I've been to Olympus city a few times which is huge and awesome being the capital of Mars and all. We don't have to deal with snow, heat waves, or insects and the gravity is a third as strong as it is here." Mars sits down. "I don't know how you can stand gravity this strong, it's punishing."

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 4:40 pm

Lucy's face lit up like a christmas tree, looking up from her DS. "Ohh, is there enough gravity to go flying?!" she tilted her head to the side. "...And what's so bad about the gravity here? Sure, I rerember it being a bit weaker than the era I came from, but it's not that bad..."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 12:45 pm

What is gravity, and why would it be weaker here? It asked in confusion.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 1:07 pm

Mars replies "Well, this planet's gravity is 3 times as strong as Martian gravity and before this my only experience with Earth gravity was when it was simulated in ships and stations with gravity wheels." As he regains his stamina he stands up again and says "Might as well try to get used to this gravity while I'm here."

In response to the space kitty Mike says "Well, gravity is the weak interaction between objects with mass with a strength proportional to mass and inversely proportional to the square of the distance, it's the result of space-time bending in the presence of matter and-" He is cut off by Mars who drops a spoon and says "It's the force that does that and that happens slower on Mars because it's smaller." Mike replies with a somewhat annoyed tone "I was going mention that."

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 1:25 pm

Its eyes looked slightly glazed when Mike was finished, but then shook itself like a wet cat, and simply levitated the spoon without even looking at Mars.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 2:09 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
Mike looks around to see what Kiki is looking at so intently. "What, Mars? Yeah he definitely seems pretty real and as far as I know we are not dead. Why do you ask?"

Mars looks at Kiki rather confused by their androgynous appearance. Mars says "Are you ... sure?" OK, that could have gone better. "You are not so bad yourself. This is kind of awkward but are you male or female?"

Mike says. "I honestly have no idea and I haven't bothered to ask. They are from a different planet so for all I know they might reproduce via mitosis. Not this planet, another different planet. It orbits a purple star and apparently magic is a thing there, I know because I just came back from it. Don't even try to make sense of it, I gave up days ago."

Kiki chuckled when Mike didn't get their metaphor, and a sly smile crept across their face. "Hehehehehehe! Ohh, Mike, you are so precious. Don't you ever change."

They froze. "Actually wait, I shouldn't say that. You're old enough to be my grandpa. That's kinda weird."

"Of course I'm sure," Kiki grinned at Mars. "When I say somethin', I am absolutely sure of it, honey." They sidled up next to Mars. "....If you want the honest truth, I guess you could say I'm both?"

"I guess you could say both?" Kiki paused for a second, trying to figure out how to say it. "Weeeeell, I'm about 90% male and 10% female. Wanna know the full story?"

They reached out their hand. "Anyway, I don't know my real name, but you can call me Ki. I go by pretty much anything, though. What's yours?"

They threw a glare at Mike. "That's not true! I am a Repsirrhine. The way we have babies isn't any different from humans." They grinned. "Hehe. Trust me, I know."

"...And my sun is orange, I think you're thinkin' of the wrong solar system. Plus, this is my human form."

Last edited by Lillikoi on 30 Jun 2017, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.