Page 241 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 ... 252  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 6:09 pm

Ki's breath hitched as they saw the two transform into the small girl and the small person before them. "Wow." They were glowing golden, like angels.

(...Well, haha, but not all angels glow, unfortunately. :roll: )

The rainbow clearly violated any sort of rational sense that Ki had ever encountered. Even with the magic they had, there were laws and limitations governing it, but this was... completely in violation of any law they ever knew. Ki's thought process became surprisingly scientific as they wondered how the beings did that, or where that power came from...

But any sort of intelligent thought that might have occurred in Ki's mind was completely overridden as their mind wandered to... other places. "Yooo..." Ki's face was steaming crimson as they shoved a magazine into Kurea'z face. "Can you transform into this babe?"

The woman in the picture was very dark-haired, very buxom, and for lack of a better description, very... devoid of clothing. She was posing in quite a provocative manner. Lilli's face turned bright red as they peeked over the page of the magazine. "I... I don't think that's how you're supposed to eat spaghetti."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 6:47 pm

Quote:
Kurea looked baffled by Lucy's suggestion [as much as pan-dimensional creatures can look baffled]. 'She' turned to look at Aleta, as if holding a silent conversation and making a swift decision. They both shimmered with golden-white light for a moment, and then the light twisted and undulated around them, as if they had not transformed like that for who knows how long. When the light faded, two much smaller forms were huddled together, clearly having difficulty getting used to their old forms again. Kurea now resembled a thin, ragged girl with smaller, transparent wings that sagged around her like a silken veil, 'Her' golden skin was contrasted greatly by the loose, airy garment she wore. Aleta now resembled a much smaller, gaunt, person, with both male and female features, but still had six arms; they wore a long, midnight blue cloak and a matching, gown-like shirt.

In Kurea's hand lay an ethereal, barely visible rainbow, just sitting there, not reflected by or through anything.

bump

Kurea shifted back a bit, still holding the rainbow, but blinking in confusion at the picture on the magazine. She peered at it, eyes darting back and forth, as if trying to make any sense of the picture. Aleta seemed similarly bewildered.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 7:08 pm

"Please?" Ki repeated, their eyes sparkling.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 10:14 pm

"Ah, haha!" Kimmy and Lucy both giggled, dancing with each other under the rainbow joyfully. Laura's eyes were shining in exitement, while Emma and Calem looked genuinely baffled, every bit of that they'd ever known about those things bbeing thrown out the window.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 12:07 am

Mars and Mike look over to see what's going on.

Mars comes over and says "That is an interesting thing to do with a shapeshifting creature, I'm here for this." He pokes the magazine a few times and says "What is this thing anyway? It seems awfully wasteful to put images on paper unless it's a decoration, this kind of thing is what screens are for."

Mike cuts him off, "No, this is a terrible idea. I'm pretty sure what you are doing is the exact opposite of first contact protocol, and the last thing we need is for this thing that can probably kill us all to hate us. Well, hate us any more after you shot them." he says, barely even glancing at the magazine.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 12:55 pm

Ki simply shrugged. "So what? I think you guys forget what I'm here for." Their eyes became steely as they glanced back at Mike. "I'm not here to protect you guys or anything, I'm just here to protect Graphea. Ain't my problem if a few human casualties occur."

Lilli seemed slightly disturbed at what Ki said. "A-are you serious?"

"...Besides, death sounds like fair retribution for shooting it."

Ki looked back at Mike with an irritated look and crossed their arms. "I can do what I want without anyone interfering, okay? You don't control me."

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 1:15 pm

Impressed but no longer surprised, Guinan was watching the beings transform and create the rainbow. Despite Ki's dire seriousness, Guinan chuckled wryly. "A model in a magazine is hardly worth dying or even hating someone over," she commented.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 1:52 pm

Ki frowned, as their threats did not have the desired effect and Guinan simply ended up laughing at them.

But when Mike averted his eyes, a mischievous grin lit up their face. They stopped. "This kind of thing makes you uncomfortable, doesn't it?"

Last edited by Lillikoi on 23 Jul 2017, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 3:35 pm

"Yes, it does." replies Mike, still very annoyed. "One does not simply remain single as a billionaire by accident, it is by choice."

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 6:28 pm

Upon hearing Mike's answer, Ki's grin disappeared. They nodded, interested. "Hm. Interesting." They tilted their head, curious. "I don't really quite understand. Has it always been that way?"

Last edited by Lillikoi on 23 Jul 2017, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 6:30 pm

Before Mike could answer Ki's question, the voice of Lychee's mother echoed from the dining room. "Heeey, who's ready for some cake?" she called.

Lychee instantly dropped what they were doing and shot like a bullet out into the dining room. "CAAAAAKE!"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 8:09 pm

"Yes, I guess I have just been too focused on my work to care about such things." replies Mike rather suspiciously, wondering why Ki cares.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:00 pm

"Hm." Ki shook their head rapidly, as if trying to snap themselves out of it. "Sorry, I've just never encountered anything like that in my species. I like to ask questions when I meet people. I've always found it interesting to learn about other people."

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:10 pm

Guinan smiled as she watched Lychee's excited run from the room. She went to follow shortly afterward, drink in hand. "The cake is going to be great," she told Lychee, remembering how Laura had baked it herself.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:28 pm

Mars says "I've never encountered it in my species either until now."

In an attempt to change the subject Mike starts walking to the kitchen and says "I wonder what kind of cake they have."

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm

"I think you mean cakes, plural." Lychee grinned as they walked into the dining room, giving a knowing look at the two cakes on the table. Lychee's mother was already standing there, lighter at the ready. "Oh hi you all, are you ready to sing happy birthday to the birthday child?" She waited for everyone to sit down before doing anything.

Lychee took a seat at the head of the table. They were too nervous to look at anybody, so they just stared down at the floor awkwardly. This was strange, having all this attention...

Lychee tried to make a joke to lighten the mood, but they were too scared couldn't look at anybody except for their mom. "Y-yeah, it is the grand birthiversary of moi!" They exclaimed, looking at their mom. "Hurry up, peasants!"

Lychee's mother chuckled as she began lighting all 17 candles on the cake. As if to set the mood, Lilli ran over and turned out the lights. There was no light in the room except for the glow of the two birthday cakes, and Lychee's anxious expression was lit up as everyone's eyes turned to them. Lychee looked up and down at the row of people. They had never seen so many folks at one party before. They smiled bashfully. This was awkward....

Lychee's mother inhaled as she started the chorus.