Page 248 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:27 pm

"Oh." Ki went silent after hearing Mars' story. "Oh. ...I see."

"I..."

Their eyebrows creased together in confusion. "I can't entirely relate to that as I don't have parents-- you know, I was created, born from a soul--" They gestured to their heart. "But, um... I have seen a friend die before. I'm really sorry about that. I didn't mean to remind you of anything. I understand how difficult it can be." They looked up. "Would you accept my apology?"

They touched a hand to Mars' shoulder. "But, um... something that will never disappear is... me."

Oh god, that sounds so cheesy! Ki thought. Why would you say that?? It sounds simultaneously selfish and also like you're kinda disrespecting his mom and saying "Oh, it's all about me!!"

"Since I'm kinda immortal, that means I can live forever. I will never die. So if you ever need anything, or if you ever want someone to support you... I'm here for you." they said quietly.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:36 pm

"It's OK, it's not like you knew." replies Mars. Seeing a hint of insecurity in Ki when they said "something that will never disappear is me" he says "Great, that's one less thing I have to worry about, I would hate to loose you too. I'll be there for you too, but I do have the whole mortality thing to worry about. Who knows, maybe someone will figure out how to map and simulate a human brain in a computer in my life time. Then I would be immortal too!"

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

Ki laughed. "Haha! That would be pretty awesome." Their eyes became lidded as they glanced over Mar's legs and torso. "But I'd much prefer the... physical version."

They grinned as they leaned against his shoulder and began stroking it with one eye winking. "...You know?"

They smiled. "Your clothes are still wet from the rain. You may want to change..."

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 11:44 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
"But I'd much prefer the... physical version."

Mars explains "Actually the Heiwa Federation already has a technology usually used with a neural interface where they clone a human body without a brain and instead put processors, transceivers, and-"

Lillikoi wrote:
"Your clothes are still wet from the rain. You may want to change..."

Mars' face gets quite red as he says "The same could be said for you. I forgot to bring a change of clothes though." and he gets up to lock the door.

(Now would be a great time to swap to the perspective of other characters and/or skip until morning. :oops: )

~~~

Due to how late it is Mike is barely able to stay awake, he decides to sit down for a few minutes on the couch but within a minute he is asleep.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 12:15 am

They sat there staring at Mars for several minutes, admiring how his clothing stuck to his body. When they noticed him looking at them strangely, they waved their hands in front of their face. "Ah. I could leave if you want!"

A sly grin crept its way across their face. "But... I could also stay."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 12:49 am

Right as Lychee finished doing the dishes with your mom, they walked out of the kitchen and looked around. "Hey, what's goin' on?"

Umbria raised an eyebrow. "Did you hear the explosion just now?"

"I mean, yeah I heard the pow, but I figured it was just a firework or something. That's why I came runnin' out here." They noticed Gristle looking rather forlorn, and they tilted their head. "Yo, what's wrong?"

"We have to leave now." Gristle said. He looked down.

"Wait, what?" Lychee's face drained in shock. "But we just met you bro, are you sayin' you have to go?"

Umbria nodded sadly. "We really do have to go now. Gristle needs to go protect Graphea. We should have left along time ago, but we just wanted to stay to have fun with you guys. Ki prepared the portal earlier."

Even Lilli, who had been half-asleep, got up from their sleepy state and looked around. "Wait, what?"

They frowned. "But Gristle! You can't leave! We were just getting to know you!"

"Uh... I'm sorry..." Gristle smiled nervously. "But I have to."

Lychee ran up and embraced Gristle in a giant hug, practically tackling him and knocking him over. "Uh. Chill out there?" Gristle blinked, before returning the hug. "Hehe. Thanks--" Suddenly Lilli ran up and hugged him from behind, and then both Gristle and Umbria were swarmed in a giant group hug.

Gristle turned bright pink. "Guys. Hehe, thanks. It's been really nice getting to know you all. And I really enjoyed my time in the Pokemon world. You guys have made it really special."

Lychee finally let go of Gristle, and him and Umbria had a chance to breathe. They smiled at him. "Good luck dude. It was nice meeting you."

He gave a genuine smile back. "Thanks." Umbria and Gristle waved their final goodbyes as they stepped into the portal.

"But hey!" Gristle turned back and called as the portal began to close. "Maybe we'll meet again someday. You never know." And with that, the portal shwooped away into nothing.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:07 am

Lychee's mother was quite shocked when she heard the news that Gristle had left, but seeing as it was rather late, she decided to just let everyone spend the night, as their hotel room was large and had several bedrooms.

Laura, Calem, Kimmy, Lucy, and Emma all left to go back to their respective locations. Mike fell asleep on the couch, while Ki and Mars spent the night together in the bonus room. The rest of the ones who decided to spend the night ended up staying between the different bedrooms.

Eventually the night faded into morning, and a fresh new sun rose on the horizon as the residents roused themselves to start a new day...

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:21 am

Ki sat up in bed and breathed a refreshed sigh. "Well, that was nice." They rolled out of the sofa and stood up and yawned. "By the way, your clothes are on the floor over there..."

"Mm... I'm gonna go make breakfast. See ya."

Ki froze. "Actually, wait. I can't cook breakfast in my underwear."

They tapped a finger on their chin. "Well, technically I could, but Guinan probably wouldn't approve of that. It'd be funny to see Lilli's reaction, though. What do you think?"

They were greeted by silence.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:53 am

The Sun streams through the window waking Mike up. As he gets his robotic arm out of sleep mode he sees that his gravity wave monitoring program picked up a very strong spike of energy while he was asleep. "Uhh... Guys, did anyone see any portals opening within like 3 meters of this couch last night?"

~~~

"You do you, I wouldn't complain though." says Mars, getting up and getting dressed. He had previously been wearing a pressure suit under his clothing but he decided against putting it back on since he was on a habitable world and all.

~Meanwhile, at the crash site~

The alternate Mike wakes up in a medical bed. "What happened? Where am I?" he asks, and a doctor sitting next to him answers without even looking up from his computer "Your shuttle crashed and you barely survived." Mike tries to sit up but his right arm felt like it just passed through the bed causing him to almost fall off, when he looks at his arm to investigate he finds that it is gone, cut off just below the elbow with fresh stitches in it and a few metallic bits sticking out. The doctor looks up, "Your arm was trapped trapped pretty well under a pile of debris, I have already taken the liberty of putting your nerve endings in a digital converter circuit and screwing a prosthetic arm mount onto the bone. We have a generic adjustable robotic arm on the shelf next to you, just use that until you can get a proper custom one."

Mike picks up the prosthetic and snaps it into the mount and adjusts it to the right length, it powers up and he wiggles around his new metallic fingers as he stares at them. He comments "You know, my doppelganger lost an arm in a spaceplane crash too. I wouldn't say I'm a man who believes in destiny but maybe we aren't as different as I thought."

Deviant Art

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

~Flashback, Mars~

A police officer wearing a standard United Martian Colonies cop uniform knocked on the door of Jay's apartment with 14 year old Jay standing next to him. Jay's dad answers. "Are you Rick Cornell?" asks the officer to which Jay's dad responds "Yes, what's going on?" The officer continues, "We caught your son Jason shoplifting a set of tools from the MegaWatt hardware store in the local industrial dome. We are letting him off with a warning but if this ever happens again then there will be a fine and it will go on his record. I trust you can take it from here."

As the cop walks off his dad says "Is this true?" and Jay responds "I was going to pay them back, I just needed to open this locked box that I found that might have something valuable in it." His dad replies "Were you really? And what locked box?" Jay runs to his room and comes back with a metal box with a few black burnt spots on it. "Where did you get that?" asks his dad, to which he replies "I found it in the ruins of an old pressurized rover next to the small crater a few kilometers south of the spaceport." His dad sternly says "What have I told you about going through old war ruins alone? It's dangerous, especially on foot where you have nowhere to go if your helmet gets a crack in it. I am going to have to confiscate your pressure suit for a week for this, maybe more depending on your behavior."

As Jay went to his room his dad looked over at an old family photo on the wall with Jay's mom in it and whispers "If only you were still here, you were always the better parent, you would know just what to do..."

Deviant Art

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 12:18 am

(Bump? I'm still waiting until people are outside to join in.)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 3:00 am

Mars comes into the living room and when Mike sees him he says "I swear something is different about you... Oh, you aren't wearing that pressure suit under your clothing any more. But you aren't supposed to wear anything under that type of pressure suit and you were in the same room as Ki the whole time... You know what, I don't even want to know what happened."

Mars didn't pay too much attention and instead had his eyes fixed on the window. When he first landed it had been dark already but outside he saw the Sun rising over a distant mountain. He ran out the door and looked at the clouds being illuminated red by the sunrise against the blue sky while pidgeys chirped in the distance. He stared in awe at it and said "This planet is beautiful!"

Deviant Art

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 11:36 pm

Suddenly a Pokemon cry could be heard from overhead: "Baaaaaa-gon!" A Bagon leapt from the roof of the building, falling headfirst to the ground amid a shower of torn leaves. It hit the ground, shook itself, and brushed the remaining leaf fragments and the tree sap it had used as glue from its arms.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 7:26 am

Lilli was already sitting at the table. They had a giant leather-bound tome which had to be about two or three thousand pages long. It had to be quite old.

Next to it they had a journal open, which they were quite concentrated on writing in. Lilli tapped the pencil against their forehead. "But what if the cave network was supposed to be a safehouse? Like some kind of underground library?"

They looked up at Mars as he came in. "Ah. Good morning, Mr. Mars."

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 10:08 pm

When Lilli greeted Mars he was so preoccupied with the sunrise that he didn't even take notice.

Mars approaches the Bagon and says "What in the-... This is certainly not like anything I have heard of from Earth." Is it venomous? he wonders.

Deviant Art

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 11:48 pm

"Ba? Bagon?" said Bagon, eying Mars curiously in return. It cautiously took a few steps toward him.