Page 250 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252  Next

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm

Mike continues, "Is it not common knowledge here that this planet is a center for some strange interdimensional activity? There's no telling how many portals have been opened between here and various alternate realities like mine." He rolls down his sleeves again and puts on gloves to conceal his robotic arm, not that it mattered considering he stood out a lot anyway. Something in his pocket makes a sound and he removes a futuristic cellphone of sorts from his pocket. "We have a lead on Mars' position from the orbital battleship, I have to go."

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

gumstip
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2017, 11:07 pm

''Well, there are signs of 'interdimensional activity'. Mostly done by legendary Pokemon and a 10 year old named Ash. Don't question it.'' She sighed. ''Maybe I can come with you? I think it'll be cool.'' Luke shrugged. She was still shocked and surprised from earlier, but she could keep her emotions in quite well.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 11:32 pm

Mike was about to say how it would be too dangerous without a weapon but then he notices the pokeballs on Luke's belt. He remembered what had been learned about the world up in orbit by listening in on communications, an entire culture that revolves around training monsters to battle. There was even a mention of a great Pokemon war a few decades ago. "That depends, how good are you at Pokemon battling?" he asks.

Deviant Art

gumstip
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2017, 12:21 pm

''What if I said I had a mythical Pokémon in one of these Pokeballs?'' She smiled smugly and threw one of the Pokeballs onto the ground. A red flash appeared before morphing into a Mew. It held a little pouch around its neck. ''Meet Mew, my favorite Pokémon. I got them by trading with other people.''

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 11:12 pm

Mike looks at the Mew rather amazed. "OK, that is awesome." he says, "I normally would not bring a kid into something like this but you seem very well equipped." He uses his communication device to project a map of the surrounding area made from orbital images and begins walking towards a marked waypoint. "Mars and my doppelganger might be over here, there was some unusual signals that used encryption algorithms commonly used in my world."

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 12:17 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
Lilli was already sitting at the table. They had a giant leather-bound tome which had to be about two or three thousand pages long. It had to be quite old.

Next to it they had a journal open, which they were quite concentrated on writing in. Lilli tapped the pencil against their forehead. "But what if the cave network was supposed to be a safehouse? Like some kind of underground library?"

mikeman7918 wrote:
Mike curiously listens to what Lilli was saying while writing in the journal and asks "What are you up to? It sounds quite interesting."

"Ah! Um...." Lilli quickly shut their notebook when they noticed Mike was standing over them. "I was just writing down some ideas for my new novel," they grinned, leaning their elbow on the notebook.

Quick! Think quickly, Lilli... Their eyes caught on the tome in front of them. "I was just reading that book for inspiration. It's one of my favorite fantasy novels."

"It's kind of... steamy though," they said, blushing. "I don't think you'd be interested in it."

(BTW, they're lying. It'd be best if Mike pried further.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 7:01 pm

"Really? Even the part about the library in a cave?" Mike asks skeptically. Mars says "Do you need someone to proofread that?" Seeing Lilli's panicked expression Mike asks "What are you actually writing?"

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

Lilli paled at Mike's words. "Oh shoot, did I say that out loud?"

"M-mister Mars?" Lilli tensed when they heard what Mars said. They then swiveled around and raised the journal at him threateningly. "Y'know, you may think ya can avoid the law, that I will not hesitate to throw the book at you."

mikeman7918 wrote:
Seeing Lilli's panicked expression Mike asks "What are you actually writing?"
Suddenly Lilli seemed to have a realization. They let out a shaky sigh. "O-oh, that's right, I forgot I'm not in Nova Bosque anymore."

They shook their head and turned to Mike with a wry grin, although they were more talking to themself than anything. "Damnit. That gets the Bosqans every time."

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:38 pm

"Uhh... Please don't, that book looks like it would hurt." replies Mars, somewhat worried by Lilli's threat that came out of nowhere.

Quite confused by Lilli's reaction, Mike asks "Novah Bosque? Bosqans? What are you talking about?"

Deviant Art

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 4:10 pm

Hearing the commotion, Guinan's eyes opened. She rolled over, tried to rest, but it was no use. Instead, she stood up and walked over to the table to find out what was going on.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 10:53 pm

-Flashback: Mars-

18 year old Jay stood in the garage with his tool kit dissembling an old damaged rifle for any good parts, and next to him is a similar rifle being built from salvaged parts and only missing a few rather important things.

Jay's dad walks in and says "I knew I'd find you here, dinner is ready." "Just bring some in here" replies Jay, not even looking up. "No" replies his dad, "we need to talk, come eat inside." Jay reluctantly puts down his tools and comes inside. "What is it?" says Jay once at the table, rolling his eyes. His dad says "You have not done anything since you got out of high school, you should really consider going to Olympia University or at least applying for a job, you can't just dig around in garbage like that all day." Jay gets quite annoyed and says "What, so that I can get a real job such as being a life support maintaining dredge like you? Also, it's not junk, there is some valuable stuff there and I have managed to make around 4,000 credits this year from it." His dad replies "You can't make a life on a few thousand a year, and life support maintenance is an important job." Jay picks up his plate and goes toward the garage saying "Just you wait, when I get my own ship I will make many times as much as you do. The superconductive thrust vectoring coils in hyperion thrusters are easily worth 5,000 credits each."

Before his dad could stop him Jay was already back in the garage with his dinner continuing his project of making a working rifle from many broken ones.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 12:34 pm

(That last post was rather out of character. Could I do it again? :oops:

The library in a cave? Shoot, he was sharp. "U-uh--" Usually they didn't plan this far ahead. They thought they got him with the steamy part.

mikeman7918 wrote:
Seeing Lilli's panicked expression Mike asks "What are you actually writing?"
At Mike's second question, Lilli's ears pinned against their head. "Uh."

A small amount of silence passed, before Lilli looked away, their eyebrows furrowed together. "It's...."

Lilli stared down at their lap. They didn't really want to share this with anybody, considering it was something they had kept secret their entire life. And the consequences if anyone found out about it were... Lilli wrung their fingers together in their lap, their knuckles turning white.

"It's nothin' interesting," they said quietly.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

Guinan noticed Lilli's discomfort and decided not to ask. She'd only heard a small part of the discussion anyway. "G'morning," she mumbled, thinking maybe it'd be a good idea to feed her Pokemon instead.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm

[Sorry that I haven't posted anything for so long...I've been trying to create/find/discover a universal character [or two] that I really like and can carry from book to book, and then add to this thread. So far I haven't really been successful. Any suggestions?]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 12:38 am

Picking up on how nervous Lilli is Mike says "I have dealt with enough politicians to know when someone is keeping something from me."

Mars says "But seriously though, I'm fine with steamy. If you need someone to proofread-" He pauses for a moment. "Ohhhh, I think I get what's going on. Is this some really kinky stuff that you are embarrassed to be into? If that's the case then never mind."

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 4:07 pm

bump

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII