Page 245 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 252  Next

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 11:06 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
There had been a long and uncomfortable silence at the table, so Lychee decided to interrupt it by talking. "...Um, sooo... you guys are from another planet, right?"

"So, therefore, you are from another place which is not Earth."

"And, like... that is different." They tilted their head at Guinan, since she seemed like a safe approach for this situation. "So um, Guinan. What planet are you from? What is it like?"

Meanwhile, bullets of sweat were pouring down Lychee's forehead. Sweet Jesus, these are like... kindergarten-level social skills. Their breathing were panicked and shallow. I... I haven't even had a meeting with my social skills group since kindergarten.

Guinan smiled wistfully as she replied. "Yes, well, I grew up on the third planet in the El-Aurian system, very far from here. Physically, it was a lot like earth. There were no battles as you have here though. Our schools were very different."

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 12:06 am

The rain begins to let up a bit and it becomes more of a light trickle.

Mars stays silent for a moment before saying "Yeah, that does indeed sound very weird." As he thinks over what Ki said again he gets a quite confused look and says "Wait, what do you mean 'how did you die'? You don't look very dead. And what exactly is the higher plane?"

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:52 pm

Aleta, slender and quiet, softly leads Kurea out to the balcony, and the latter lets the rain slide down her face, blinking and staring about almost in wonder.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 8:15 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
As he thinks over what Ki said again he gets a quite confused look and says "Wait, what do you mean 'how did you die'? You don't look very dead. And what exactly is the higher plane?"

"Ah!" Ki blinked, as if they just now realize that Mars wouldn't understand. Then they rubbed a hand on the back of their head irritatedly. "Ugh, how do I explain... I have told you I am an angel, right?"

They turned to Mars. "I work for this God called the Great Dolphin. Except all of its angels are created from the souls of dead people. Normally folks are supposed to remember things about their previous lives, but for some reason I don't know anything..."

"The Greater Plane is like the human concept of heaven. That's the realm where the Dolphin God and its emissaries reside," Ki explained.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 11:24 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
"Ugh, how do I explain... I have told you I am an angel, right?"

"No, because then all my questions would have been about that." replies Mars. "So you are saying that there is an after life and that you came from it? That's a lot to take in..." he says rather skeptically.

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:34 am

Kurea looked at Ki and Mars down below, and climbed up onto the balcony railing.
Are you...like us?
The voice unmistakably came from Kurea, and was also unmistakably directed at Ki.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

Ki returned Mars' look as they shot him an irritated glare. "Honey! I just told you about that thirty minutes ago." They drew closer onto his lap, cupping their hands against his cheeks. "Don't tell me you've already forgotten?"

They gently planted a kiss on Mars' cheek. "You know..." they panted, "For someone who's supposed to be a wanted space criminal, you don't seem to have a lot of brains." There was an amused grin on their face.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:42 pm

"Well, I might have kinda ... not been listening." replies Mars, blushing slightly. "I now regret not using that 'are you an angel because you are heavenly' pickup line."

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

"But..." Ki smirked as they traced a finger down Mars' torso. "I can't really complain about this," they said, looking up and down at Mars' body.

Ki grinned at what Mars said. "Well are you from space, because you are.... out of this world." They almost broke out into chuckles at the cheesiness of that line. Okay, that was... really, really bad.

But then they leaned forward until they were on top of Mars, their lips pressing against his as they pushed against the tree. They wrapped their arms around his neck.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 11:07 pm

At first the kiss kinda' takes Mars by surprise but then he puts his arms around Ki.

Mike glances out the window and sees Ki and Mars kissing. "Well, I guess they are ... getting along." He then turns to Lychee and her mom and says "So, are there any presents or anything? This is a birthday after all."

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

Kurea, from 'her' vantage point on the balcony railing, can clearly see Ki and Mars. 'She' looks back at Aleta as if to say 'I want to kiss you now'. Aleta's pale skin noticeably gains a pink tinge.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 9:32 pm

Lychee tilted their head. "Huh? I've already opened my birthday presents but if you've... brought me something I guess..."
They looked down, bringing their hands together nervously as they hunched over. "I mean, not that you need to have brought something but..."

"We did!" Umbria said cheerfully.

Lychee's face slowly paled in complete surprise. "W-wait, what?"

"Well, I guess if you've brought presents, we can go ahead and start opening them!" Lychee's mom sang with a swing of her elbow. Umbria went into the corner and scooped up several presents, then dumped them all onto the table. Lilli quickly scurried into the kitchen and returned with a mango, which they placed gingerly on top of the pile.

Mike was jabbed by an elbow to the ribs. "Michael. Do you have a contribution to make to the Lychee Foundation?" Umbria hissed.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 10:05 pm

Mike begins searching his pockets saying "I didn't really plan for this..." Suddenly he has an idea. "Lychee, how would you like your own personal AI? I always carry a backup copy of Sam in my robotic arm, and I could just copy the operating system without the personality and memory files. It will need a computer to run on though..."

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 4:21 pm

Lychee blinked in surprise as Umbria dumped all of the presents onto the table. "Guys." They lifted their hands in the air and spread them outwards, motioning for everyone to back off. "...You really didn't have to do this."

"But we thought it would be nice if-!" Umbria began.

Lychee shook their head. "You really didn't have to do this," they repeated.

Lychee's face became even more flabbergasted at what Mike said. "Wait, an AI?" They stared at him in complete shock. "Like-- a program that... you've gotta be kidding, right?"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 5:10 pm

Mike replies "No, I'm not kidding. Wait, have I introduced you to Sam yet?" He remotely connects to Sam using his robotic arm and he speaks into it saying "Sam, say hi to Lychee and wish her a happy birthday." A quite young and robotic sounding male voice comes through saying "Hello Lychee, I'm Sam, Mike's assistant bot. Happy birthday!" Mike continues, "He was kinda' a project I absorbed myself in for a few years while dealing with some stuff I did~... Anyway, he is fully capable of holding a conversation although he's technically not self aware. Well, probably. Anyway, you can change the voice if you want and the personality should pretty much develop by it's self over time to get along well with it's owner. Oh yeah, and it will ignore insults and is hard coded to never hate it's owner."

Mike gets out his pokedex and looks it over saying "I wonder if it can run on this..."

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:16 pm

"That's DOPE, man!" Lychee exclaimed wildly as Sam wished them a happy birthday.

As he explained what it was and all of the features they could change about it like the voice, Lychee nodded intently. They laughed when he mentioned that Sam would ignore insults. "Good, 'cause I like to cuss at inanimate objects."

At the end of it Lychee grinned, "Thanks, bruh!" They ran up and gave Mike a hug. "That is uber duber nice! You seem pretty cool!" They looked to the side knowingly. "Although... heh, my dad would freak over this even more. He's a huge sci-fi geek."

mikeman7918 wrote:
Mike gets out his pokedex and looks it over saying "I wonder if it can run on this..."
Lychee looked behind them at a case which was lying on the coffee table. "Well I've got my computer over there if you wanna try and load it on there. I've never used it before."