Page 219 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 252  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:08 pm

The circular reasoning seemed to confuse It even more, but then looked down at their claws as if contemplating something.
Devotion to another being...is it unhealthy?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:13 pm

(Sorry, I'll get on it as soon as I can, I've only had time to write one thing. I'm on a trip for the next week.)

"I'm seventeen." Lychee corrected.

While Laura and the alien cat were having a debate about birthdays, everyone else said goodbye and Lychee and their mother left to go back up to their hotel rooms.

Meanwhile, the clock ticked ever closer toward 6 AM...

"Holy CHEESEBALLS!" Umbria choked, looking at the time. "I think that's the first real all-nighter I've ever pulled! You all should really get going."

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:17 pm

Of course it's not. That's what me and Calem do, and it's pretty much what it means to romantically love someone in Earth culture, especially here considering how love-obsessed the people here in Kalos are." She said.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:22 pm

Its face brightened slightly, then seemed both puzzled and even more curious than before. How can you be obsessed with what you are made of?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:55 pm

"Whatevs. I'm going to bed~" Umbria said, ballerina twirling out the door.

"Me, too. I'm gonna take the little kids back to the hideout. Have a nice... cat discussion." Emma yawned. She blearily picked up a sleeping Kimmy and walked out the door, with Lucy floating behind.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 9:41 pm

Laura groaned in frustration."Dang, you really are starting to sound like Jian..." To deminstrate her point, she picked up a fork from the table. "Is this love or metal?" She asked it.

As soon as Emma started to pick up and leave, Laura ran after her. "Take me with you, I'm really tired.." she said. "Besides, I kinda can't help but to get into arguments when that cat starts spouting off..."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:30 am

"Okay..." Emma said. They walked back to the hideout together.

By the time they got back, it was almost six in the morning.
"Ugh..." Emma groaned as she nearly flopped face-first into the sofa. "It's almost six in the morning. Let's get to sleep."

And thus they fell asleep...

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:57 am

"...Wakey wakey."

Emma groaned as she shifted in her sleep. Something was shaking her.

"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty."

She blearily opened her eyes. It was.... "BRANCH?!" Emma screamed as she nearly jumped back two feet. "...Dear Arceus, you nearly scared the living daylights out of me."

"Hehe." Kiki was inches away from her face, squatting there with a monkey grin. "Good morning~ You look lovely as always, I see. It's four in the afternoon, I thought I should wake you up."

Emma smiled slightly. "Oh, thank you." She yawned and then looked around the room. "Where's Mike and Gristle? I thought they were with you."

"Ahh, they're still asleep. They'll probably be conked out for the rest of the afternoon/evening."
A sly smile crept onto Kiki's face. "But hey, look on the bright side... more time for just you and me."

They winked as they stood up. "I made a lunch thing. Wouldn't it be a shame for me to enjoy it alone?"

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:38 am

~Earlier, in the other dimension~

mikeman7918 wrote:
"Wait, who's Mercury?" Mike asked.
"Mercury is... a friend of mine." Gristle said. "I guess... by following me, he got sucked into the same machine that transformed Umbria and got turned into a Pokemon on the way here. He used to be a snail."

He scratched the back of his head. "...Yeah, you're from somewhere else, so I'm guessing you've never heard of a snail before."

He turned to Kiki. "But I can explain that later. First I'd like to hear about the battle rules."

Kiki nodded. "Look down." Kiki instructed. "That's where you'll see the FIGHT menu."

Gristle looked down and saw a red rectangle that said "FIGHT" on it.
"Tap on it, and you'll be able to see your Pokémon's moves."

He tapped on it, and an interface which listed Slugma's moves popped up. "Sweet..." Gristle grinned.

"Moves are the most essential part of a Pokémon battle." Kiki said. "That's basically what the hell you're doing. Look up, and you'll see your HP."

Gristle looked up, and saw a green meter hovering over Slugma's head.
"That's HP, or a measure of the Pokemon's health. When its HP hits 0, a Pokemon is considered fainted and can't battle. In a battle, whoever narrows the opponents HP to zero first, wins."
Kiki looked over at Mike and Gristle. "Make sense?"

Gristle nodded.

"Sweet," Kiki said. "The way you get your Pokémon to attack is by shouting your moves out loud. 'Slugma, use Ember!'... etc. Capiche?"

When Gristle nodded, Kiki grinned. "Okay. Mike vs. Gristle... let the battle commence!" They rose their arms up into the air.

Gristle tightened his hand into a fist, a determined expression on hjs face. "Allll right, I am totally ready to win this thing!" He turned to Mercury with a pumped expression. "Ready for battle?"

Mercury simply stared back blankly, a calm expression on its face. "....I.... guess I'll take that as a yes." Gristle said.

He faced forward with an excited grin. "Well, all right, Mike! Let's get ready to rumble!"

"Sluuuug."

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:00 am

~♪Last night♪~

Calem tiredly crashed on the floor, Laura curling up next to him with a smile on their face, while Kimmy and Lucy crammed themselves into the same chair, and everyone fell asleep like that.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:26 am

Upon hearing Emma's scream, Calem abruptly woke up suspecting something to be wrong, but once he saw Kiki he calmed down, knowing how much they liked sneaking up on people. He looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms, wondering why she was wearing a complete ballgown, and why he was wearing a fancy dress shirt and tie.

Oh, right. They all must have been so tired they forgot to get out of their fancy ballroom getup.

Deciding it was time to get up, he poked Laura in the face, causing her just to snuggle up to him more.
He sighed, waving his hand to reach his bag, which he had left in the hideout when they went to the brunch. Pulling out his Holocaster, he checked the time, 4:06. He knew Laura would lose her mind if it was the day they were supposed to be having Lychee's actual party and she didn't even have close to four layers of cake done.

"Uhh, Laura? Today's the day Lychee's having their party." He said nervously.
And just like that, her eyes snapped open, her face as pale as a sheet of paper. She quickly stood up and ran off, running into the bathroom. She came back out less than ten miniutes later, back in her normal Lolita clothes, running off into the kitchen to get started on the cake.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:07 pm

Kiki and Emma were sipping tea quietly at the table when Laura came in. Emma was smiling and laughing, and Kiki had a slightly smug expression as they showed Emma the various dishes they had made.
"Wow, Branch, I didn't know you could cook."
They scratched a hand behind their head. "Ohh, it's nothing much. I'm just learning."

Their "quality time" with Emma was cut short when Laura came rushing into the kitchen. "I'm sorry, I have to go," Emma said, and Kiki had a look of shock on their face as Emma stood up and ditched them completely to talk to Laura.

"W-whoa! What's going on?" Kiki cried, shocked.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:12 pm

Quote:
"Is this love or metal?" She asked it.

Neither and both. It replied calmly.

It followed them back to the hideout, and curled up under a pile of blankets until Laura suddenly started rushing around. It blinked sleepily, and conjured an enormous cake from nowhere. It then tried to divide up the cake mentally, and got stuck with counting how many slices they might need, or whether they could just eat it all by itself if no one actually wanted the cake.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:13 pm

-Last Night-

Dan, his Shedinja, and Rose went back o the hideout, took off their fancy clothes in the bathrooms, and put some pajamas on, and then went to bed, sleeping like logs.

-Afternoon-

Rose woke up at around 4 in the afternoon, with her ponytailed hair somewhat messed-up. She let out a huge yawn, and lumbered out of bed. She walked into the kitchen where she gets a whiff of cake baking, which started to make her wake up faster. "Mmm, something smells good," Rose said to herself. Rose then went through the kitchen doors where she saw Laura making a cake.

"Oh, good morning, Laura," Rose said to Laura, "What'cha doing?"

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:15 pm

"I need to make a birthday cake for Lychee!" Laura panicked, then glared over at Space Skitty. "It wouldn't seem as heartfelt if I just magic-ifyed it up." She said, starting the needed preperations.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:13 pm

It's ears drooped slightly as it looked down at the cake, and then decided to store it in hammerspace for later.
Do you feel dislike towards us?