Page 140 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 252  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 2:10 pm

"Oh, sure!", Dan said, as he just got out the Macaroni pasta box and found a large pot to fill up with water. Then he got the stuff out of the way so he can make room for Kiki's groceries.

"So, um, what kind of soup are you making?", Dan asked Kiki as he was getting a medium-sized pot so he can make hard-boiled eggs.

(Btw, is there more than one operable stove so more than one person can cook at the same time?)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 10:43 pm

(Honestly, depending on what he's making, he could just be cooking it while Kiki is chopping their ingredients.

To be fair, Kiki has to chop up, like, twelve potatoes before they can start cooking, so... :lol: )

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 1:22 pm

Hope you don't mind if I split this into two posts.

Meanwhile, Kiki was looking through some of the drawers, searching for something to cut with. "Where are the knives... ah." They reached into one of the drawers and pulled out a kitchen knife. "Perfect."

Next they needed a cutting board. They scanned around the room, looking for a cutting board.
"Cutting board, cutting board..." A-ha! There was one on the table. Kiki quickly grabbed it and brought it over to the counter, then set up one of their potatoes so they could begin chopping it.

They looked at Daniel. "I'm making something called papakashki. It's really good. It's got eggs, potatoes, cheese... You basically just dump it in a pot and let it boil. It's really simple."

Kiki shrugged as they rolled up their sleeves. "Though, usually you'd use yellow potatoes, but... those are indigenous to my region."

They sighed. "I... used to live in a region called Bosque, where we grew potatoes. My brother and I used to go out in the garden and water the plants. We had two plots in my backyard. It was always really nice... It was always really sunny so we'd have a lot of fun playing outside.

And when we would come inside-- my mother would make..."

Kiki fell silent and stopped cutting.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 1:38 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Curiosity got the best of Lizzie and she flitted up to look at Guinan. "Cel celebi? Lebi!" She squeaked happily.

"Hi!" Guinan said cheerfully. "Yeah, I'm not from this world either. I have no idea what I'm doing here though," she confessed as she looked around the room. "The being who sent me here didn't give me any choice. He says I have to fight some sort of battle before he'll send me back, whatever that means."

Later, Guinan stood up and went to join Kiki and Dan in the kitchen. "Can I help?" she asked, washing her hands. "Oh, I don't think I've met you yet," she added to Dan. "I'm Guinan. I'm new around here."

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 2:05 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
Hope you don't mind if I split this into two posts.

Meanwhile, Kiki was looking through some of the drawers, searching for something to cut with. "Where are the knives... ah." They reached into one of the drawers and pulled out a kitchen knife. "Perfect."

Next they needed a cutting board. They scanned around the room, looking for a cutting board.
"Cutting board, cutting board..." A-ha! There was one on the table. Kiki quickly grabbed it and brought it over to the counter, then set up one of their potatoes so they could begin chopping it.

They looked at Daniel. "I'm making something called papakashki. It's really good. It's got eggs, potatoes, cheese... You basically just dump it in a pot and let it boil. It's really simple."

Kiki shrugged as they rolled up their sleeves. "Though, usually you'd use yellow potatoes, but... those are indigenous to my region."

They sighed. "I... used to live in a region called Bosque, where we grew potatoes. My brother and I used to go out in the garden and water the plants. We had two plots in my backyard. It was always really nice... It was always really sunny so we'd have a lot of fun playing outside.

And when we would come inside-- my mother would make..."

Kiki fell silent and stopped cutting.

"Are you alright, Kiki?", Dan asked, worriedly, "You seem pretty depressed."

Dan's Shedinja flew to Kiki's side, trying to comfort them. After Dan finished putting the elbow macaroni in the large pot and putting the eggs in the medium sized pot, both filled with water also, Dan puts the two on boil, and then finds a spare cutting board and kitchen knife so he can cut the vegetables he bought from the store.

DataB4 wrote:
Midnightstar16 wrote:
Curiosity got the best of Lizzie and she flitted up to look at Guinan. "Cel celebi? Lebi!" She squeaked happily.

"Hi!" Guinan said cheerfully. "Yeah, I'm not from this world either. I have no idea what I'm doing here though," she confessed as she looked around the room. "The being who sent me here didn't give me any choice. He says I have to fight some sort of battle before he'll send me back, whatever that means."

Later, Guinan stood up and went to join Kiki and Dan in the kitchen. "Can I help?" she asked, washing her hands. "Oh, I don't think I've met you yet," she added to Dan. "I'm Guinan. I'm new around here."

"Oh, please to meet you, Guinan," Dan responded, cleaning his hands so he can shake Guinan's hands, "I'm Daniel from Aspertia City in the Unova Region, and this is my partner Shedinja."

Dan's Shedinja then came to Dan's side, and greeted Guinan like a gentlebeing.

"Sure, you can help. Can you please watch the macaroni noodles that's boiling over there so it doesn't boil over so I can slice those vegetables?", Dan asked.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 2:48 pm

Kiki was still staring at the counter, as if talking to themself. "My country... and my family, they..."

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 9:32 pm

"No problem," Guinan said to Dan, adding a bit more water to the pot. She looked over at Kiki, asking, "Do you want to talk about your family?"

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 9:53 pm

Kiki looked away quietly. "They..."
It seemed like they were struggling to say it. "They..."

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 7:22 am

"What is it?" Laura asked, looking concerned. A thought of what she was about to say popped up, but she pushed it out of her mind.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 7:47 am

Kiki shook their head. "Well, it.. it doesn't matter now, they are gone now anyway. So is the place where I lived."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 4:40 pm

(Bump.)

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 8:16 pm

"If it's not too much of a touchy subject, what happened?" Laura inquired shyly.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 8:53 pm

"I-I'm so sorry, Kiki. What happened?", asked Dan concernly, who just finished slicing the celery, and is about to slice the bell peppers.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:42 am

(OOC: I'm not as happy about how things are going with the second Mike as I thought I would be, so I plan on getting rid of him somehow. I'm not sure how though, I might add a plot twist or something. I have a ton of potential ideas at this point, although the best ones in my opinion are kinda' dark.)

Mike 2 suddenly gets a message and upon reading it says "Oh no... There has been a Heiwa Federation fleet detected in orbit of Jupiter by the Jovian reconnaissance satellite network." Mike 1 responds "Oh yeah, that happened on my Nexus station too. I can give you the data from that if you want so you can predict what they will do and have an advantage, I can only say to a degree of certainly that they will do the same thing in your universe though."
Mike 2: "Yeah, I know how fundamental uncertainty works."
Mike 1: "And I only knew that you knew how it works to within a degree of probability."
Mike 2: "Touché. Anyway, that should still be very helpful especially if we got an AI to analyze the data."

Mike 1 takes the hard drive out of his robotic arm so that Mike 2 can transfer the data off of it. While Mike 2 is busy with that he comes over to the kitchen and asks "What's cooking? It smells good."

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 5:40 pm

"I know how it feels to have it all gone, everything," Guinan said to Kiki.

To the two Mikes, Guinan said, "That sounds familiar, but the information about the Heiwa Federation fleet could be very different. If they've had different leaders, different weapon designs, things like that."

(OOC: Mike 2 won't be in danger of assassination in the AU probably, so he might choose to go back now. Also, what if his experiences led him to form different friendships and partnerships, or travel to different planets at different times? Or maybe Mike 2 might choose to take a pokemon back with him for study.

As for time traveling to save Lucy, I don't see how that would work if you have multiple universes. You'd have multiple versions of Kimmy that wouldn't merge as she goes to the correct place in time. I suppose she could go forward, find herself and Lucy, save Lucy, and then go forward again to when she started time traveling. But then, she'd find a version of herself that never needed to go back in time in the first place.)

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 7:08 pm

(That's a rule I have when I'm writing about Kim Lizzie and Lucy. They can't go back to save Lucy or interfere with any other deaths, and they can't talk to the past or future versons of themselves. Also, Mike, if it's not too much to ask could you pretty please do another one of Mike's flashbacks of when he made Sam? I'm curious.)

Laura was perched on the counter with Kim, chitchatting about random things.