Page 228 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 252  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 6:45 pm

No one else I know knows where I am. It stated awkwardly, fidgeting with the controller. I do not know if I can find that someone. I am a maybe, an anomaly, a creature born of a possibility.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 7:31 pm

"Wha?" Lychee didn't understand what the creature was saying. Even though they'd watched a lot of speculative fiction and stuff, it made no logical sense. They tried to think about it, but eventually they just threw their arms over their head. "Gahhhh, I don't understand!"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 1:03 pm

I am what could have been if a certain choice was made. It tried to explain. I come from an alternate reality of a certain planet.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 4:05 pm

Suddenly Lychee froze as they reached the character selection screen.

"What's wrong?" Gristle asked.

Lychee looked embarassed. "I... I've actually never played Mario Kart."

Kiki squawked behind them. "Whaaaaaat?!" They threw their arms up in the air. "That's not true! There was that time you played with Gristle the other day!"

"Th...that doesn't count."

"They threw the controller at my face," Gristle confirmed.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 6:43 pm

We are here to help you. It stated encouragingly.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 7:48 pm

"AAAHHHHHH!" Lychee screamed as they threw the controller in the air. Gristle ducked as it went flying past his face.

"Lychee! Lychee, calm down! You're supposed to move out of the way when you see the truck!"

"Crap, crap! Oh my god, I'm gonna DIEEEEEEEE!"

Gristle handed the controller to Kiki with a sigh. "...Kiki, can you handle this for me?"

Kiki grinned and pointed finger guns at Gristle. "You betcha, babe."

Gristle rolled his eyes. Kiki was steering Lychee's car the rest of the way to the end of the track.

"Did something.... happen while you were gone?" Umbria asked, raising an eyebrow.

"...A lot happened while we were gone."

And the little 'woooooo' sound played as Kiki crossed the finish line. End of race.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief as the final results appeared on the screen, and the game showed Daisy doing a victory lap around the track.

Surprisingly, Space Kitty had come in first, Dan and Gristle in sixth and seventh, and Lychee had come in dead last.

Umbria shook her head. "I don't understand how an alien cat who doesn't have opposable thumbs could actually beat you."

Gristle sighed. "Dang, normally I'm really good at racing games." Then he turned to Space Kitty and smiled. "But congratulations. You actually did a really good job."

And then he shook his head at Lychee. "Okay, I am never playing Mario Kart with you again." Gristle muttered.

"It's 10 o' clock! Come in here, I made snacks!" Lychee's mom called from the kitchen.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

It patted Lychee's shoulder consolingly, carefully curling its claws out of the way.
When it heard Lychee's mother calling, it looked quite happy at the prospect of more food.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 8:05 pm

"I tried!" Lychee proclaimed, throwing their hands up in the defeat. "I really f*****g tried. I just panicked."

They threw their stuff down. "All right." They grinned at Space Skitty. "Let's go get some food, okay?"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 10:41 pm

(Where are Gristle and Kiki now?)

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:07 pm

[^Aren't they in the living room with everyone else?]

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 1:09 pm

Lychee grabbed the Space Kitty by the hand and they walked into the kitchen. "I made pigs in a blanket," Lychee's mom said cheerfully. "Help yourselves."

She set down a tray of tiny sausages on the counter. There was a stack of paper plates on the counter, and little napkins with a pineapple design on them.

"Thanks!" Lychee grinned.

"The pizza won't be here for a while, so I figured you could use somethin' to tide you over," Lychee's mom explained. She smiled. "Are you all having fun?"

"Yeah, actually!" Lychee said.

Lychee's mom cast a worried glance at them.
They grabbed several of the mini hot dogs, plopped them onto a plate, and then grabbed a napkin and walked out to the dining room table and sat down.

Kiki followed them, grabbed some pigs in a blanket, and also sat down at the dining room table.

Last edited by Lillikoi on 15 Jun 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 1:10 pm

It examined the sausages dubiously, as if unsure what to make of them.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 1:24 pm

"Oh, don't worry, it's not real meat," Lychee's mother laughed.

"A lot of people don't eat the meat of Pokemon because they find it objectionable," Lychee explained.

"Eh," Kiki took a large and rather ferocious bite out of a sausage. "Things die. Sounds like the way of nature to me."

"By the way, that's basically a small piece of meat with bread wrapped around it," Kiki said. "....You're welcome."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 1:28 pm

It nibbled on the sausage, considering Kiki with a slightly eerie stare. You are similar, but not. I am like you, but not. We are both alternates, 'what-could-have-beens', right?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 1:55 pm

I... guess so? Kiki replied. In that we're both descended from the same parents? But where they're from and where I'm from are like completely different places.

They swallowed, and looked at Space Kitty curiously. Why? Do you have like an alternate... version of you or something?

Lilli set down their fork with a loud clatter. "Yeah. Like, what exactly are you, anyway?" they said loudly. "Besides... an alternate version of someone."

Their eyes sparkled. "Where do you come from? How much do you remember?? What kind of being are you?" they asked eagerly.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 2:26 pm

Quote:
I am a doll, made by energy fusion. Even though the original died, I still live.
It looked down at its claws as if pondering the dilemma.