Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 11:06 am

I can look up relevant links on the internet quickly. This is skill I have acquired because I have been doing it on a consistant basis since 1997, not some Aspie superpower. At most Autistic traits of hyperfocus and not wanting to be wishy washy might have been a factor.

Under the literal definition everybody is a mutant because we all are result of genetic mutation. The colloquial definition of a mutant is someone who is only partly human. Every poster to WP is fully human even though for good reasons they might not feel that way. X-Men are fantasy comic charactors.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2016, 11:27 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Under the literal definition everybody is a mutant because we all are result of genetic mutation. The colloquial definition of a mutant is someone who is only partly human. Every poster to WP is fully human even though for good reasons they might not feel that way. X-Men are fantasy comic charactors.

X-Men in the last post is a term applied with double meaning. Just like the characters in the comic books, there are specific traits that don't allow total adaptation of the Aspies to the majority of typical environments.

A mutant is a being with new biological traits present in the DNA. That can or cannot clearly change the general aspect of a species. That means a mutation can also be insignificant or "invisible".

Autism Spectrum Disorder has as one of it's main theories the cause as a genetic factor. This naturally happening DNA alteration affects human beings neurobiologically in a way it makes them unable (to various degrees) to intuitively and instinctively learn social skills.

DNA alteration, thus mutation.

That is the joke on Aspies being X-Men. I hope now you see it. If you had already seen it before and I explained it for no apparent reason, let me know.

Peacefully,
Dante

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 11:54 am

Dreadful Dante wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

X-Men in the last post is a term applied with double meaning. Just like the characters in the comic books, there are specific traits that don't allow total adaptation of the Aspies to the majority of typical environments.

A mutant is a being with new biological traits present in the DNA. That can or cannot clearly change the general aspect of a species. That means a mutation can also be insignificant or "invisible".

Autism Spectrum Disorder has as one of it's main theories the cause as a genetic factor. This naturally happening DNA alteration affects human beings neurobiologically in a way it makes them unable (to various degrees) to intuitively and instinctively learn social skills.

DNA alteration, thus mutation.

That is the joke on Aspies being X-Men. I hope now you see it. If you had already seen it before and I explained it for no apparent reason, let me know.

Peacefully,
Dante

I do understand some do get the sarcasm involved. I just feel that some people because of understandable reactions to a lifetime of ostracization, abuse etc take the X-Men analogy, Wrong Planet analogy, and Aspie Superpower analogy too literally. The NT's are inferior threads that happen here all the time is one such understandable overreaction

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 12:07 pm

I always know where the train door is going stop on the platform.

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2016, 12:08 pm

Chichikov wrote:
I always know where the train door is going stop on the platform.

YEEEEEEAH, me too.