Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LiterallyAutistic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2016, 8:49 pm

Haha enjoy this mix of special interests that could earn you the joy of listening to a three-hour infodump lecture from yours truly. :)

Football roster building and offense/defense scheme and play design (NFL not what Americans call soccer)

Lists

Political rhetoric (I've worked as a national columnist on economics)

the US Senate or Presidencies (Need a pub trivia pair? Wife wants to play lol)

Marijuana (I have a legal medical card and it helps keep my moods and life between the buoys most days.

Guaranteed minimum income systems and how they work

Video games with all the cheat codes on

Neurodiversity rights!

Not the whole list but, I do love one last one:
I can visualize systems as color-coded, 3D shape-and-line models in my brain. Can get up to 8 dimensions going visually; working on developing the 9th one. Shooting for a dozen, in case string theory is proved right.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 1:23 am

Aspie Superpowers?? Just another thing in life where I did not get the memo: sigh

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 1:51 am

I'm good at writing despite having verbal communication problems.
I'm good at humor, sarcasm and some other things like that despite my autism.
I'm a good marksman with a .22 pistol despite my severe coordination problems.

All of those are just what I would call above average abilities for me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2016, 2:17 am

I don't have any of the Aspie stereotyped skills & strengths. My obsessions were things like watching TV, posting on forums, listening to music, playing video-games(I'm not great at em thou), both my ex girlfriends, & a celeb crush. I don't really have obsessions now that I'm taking Neurontin for my OCD.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 2:29 am

Being able to use unusual insight and non-social imagination, above average skill in a very limited area involving numbers- though find math challenging (I wouldn't call these "superpowers").

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2016, 11:33 am

Lumi wrote:
Being able to use unusual insight and non-social imagination, above average skill in a very limited area involving numbers- though find math challenging (I wouldn't call these "superpowers").

Math... Ugh, my alter-ego must be good at that.

I can learn how to speak like natives and pass as if I were one, although what I say might sometimes not be inteligible at all, the accent sounds on point (of course it is some accents, not all of them).

I have tried to be good at Math but I just don't seem to get a grasp on it.

The con of being good with accents is that the accent in my first language also seems to be affected. It is no longer clear from where I am just by the accent.

And I frequently count my steps, the seconds I take to get somewhere so I can precisely plan my day. Many times I instinctively know what time it is.
I measure distances by steps if I'm on foot.

Peacefully,
Dante.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 1:26 pm

Dreadful Dante wrote:
Lumi wrote:

Math... Ugh, my alter-ego must be good at that.

I can learn how to speak like natives and pass as if I were one, although what I say might sometimes not be inteligible at all, the accent sounds on point (of course it is some accents, not all of them).

I have tried to be good at Math but I just don't seem to get a grasp on it.

The con of being good with accents is that the accent in my first language also seems to be affected. It is no longer clear from where I am just by the accent.

And I frequently count my steps, the seconds I take to get somewhere so I can precisely plan my day. Many times I instinctively know what time it is.
I measure distances by steps if I'm on foot.

Peacefully,
Dante.

Cool. I don't know if I have the accent superpower, but it would be cool to. One superpower I have is being able to look like a local in wide variety of countries. I think that has more to do with my ethnically ambiguous appearance.

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2016, 1:35 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
Cool. I don't know if I have the accent superpower, but it would be cool to. One superpower I have is being able to look like a local in wide variety of countries. I think that has more to do with my ethnically ambiguous appearance.

Yay for the ethnically ambiguous! I am one of them.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 1:37 pm

Dreadful Dante wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:

What ethnicities have you been mistaken for?

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2016, 2:00 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
Dreadful Dante wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:

British (usual), Italian, French, German, Portuguese, American and Spanish, although I don't think it is due to the general appearance (caucasian), sometimes people instantly assume it. I think it happens because of the ways I speak (accent, entonation, gestures). I can keep speaking with a native accent, although the façade usually fades the more I speak if they are natives themselves. With enough practise, it becomes very hard to tell I'm foreign. And the confusion with the nationality usually comes from people who've heard before how natives of that country speak, so they can identify when I speak like them.

What about you?

Last edited by Dreadful Dante on 25 Jun 2016, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2016, 2:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
I can visualize in my head logic systems and the result of any change in their states.

The hard part is convincing others what conditions will cause a logic system to crash.

To figure out something very abstract, I need a mental image for it. Generally geometric figures. It doesn't make much sense for someone else, but for me it's totally comprehensible.

About the political rethoric skills, HELL YEAH. That's badass.

And on video games, I was never a good player too. I mean, I could play FPS games quite well but everyone enjoyed and still enjoy PvP and I don't get why. I prefer pacific games in coop mode.

Peacefully,
Dante.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 2:45 pm

Magical powers, eh? I've always wanted to be a magical girl!

I can draw, I'm really good at competitive pokemon battles, err, I can sorta write stories that suck...

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2016, 2:57 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Magical powers, eh? I've always wanted to be a magical girl!

I can draw, I'm really good at competitive pokemon battles, err, I can sorta write stories that suck...

I'm magical, too.

I used to draw some cool stuff when I was a kid. I made my own Comic book but it's lost now (of course, it was completely childish). Nowadays I still have the latent skill, just would need to hone it.

About your stories, is the suckage level too high? Do they suck on purpose? Because if you can identify that they suck it means you have a good eye for stories and you'd be able to write stories that suck less!

Peacefully,
Dante.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 3:05 pm

Dreadful Dante wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
Dreadful Dante wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:

British (usual), Italian, French, German, Portuguese, American and Spanish, although I don't think it is due to the general appearance (caucasian), sometimes people instantly assume it. I think it happens because of the ways I speak (accent, entonation, gestures). I can keep speaking with a native accent, although the façade usually fades the more I speak if they are natives themselves. With enough practise, it becomes very hard to tell I'm foreign. And the confusion with the nationality usually comes from people who've heard before how natives of that country speak, so they can identify when I speak like them.

What about you?

When I was in Iceland I got mistaken for a local a few times. I also get mistaken for a regular white person, Eastern European or half white half Asian. One super drunk man thought I was Japanese and said some nonsense about Pearl Harbor. When I mentioned my family was from Ecuador, they said they thought they were from Spain instead.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 3:14 pm

I'm not Aspie, I am classic autistic (diagnosis). But I have savant arithmetic abilities, and I have a photographic memory.

Dreadful Dante
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2016, 3:56 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:
I'm not Aspie, I am classic autistic (diagnosis). But I have savant arithmetic abilities, and I have a photographic memory.

That's impressive! I had only seen one person with savant arithmetic abilities before. Now I've seen two.