Why do SJWs think I'm obligated to kiss their ass?

Page 1 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2016, 1:59 pm

The whole BS that I should be treated like s**t regardless of how nice I am to them, because of their stupid mantra "no one owes you anything for being nice", but I'm somehow obligated to continue giving everything I have to them even though the outcome is always exactly the same.

What's also BS is they never practice what they preach about "oweing" and "entitlement". If they think people are obligated to be unconditionally nice to them, why are they unconditionally as*holes?

BTW, this thread doesn't have anything to do with dating. It's just in the dating section because SJWs revolve everything around sex.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 2:23 pm

Yeah... part of your problem is that nobody thinks any of that.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2016, 2:45 pm

That Fireball Dragon guy, who "knew" me from COD thinks that way. He thinks that because he calls himself a "feminist" that he had some moral high ground over me. He thinks I'm an as*hole just because I'm not letting him take advantage of me. This is why he keeps telling me that "nobody owes me anything for being nice to them, but I should be nice to them anyway, and not expect anything in return." He means it to the most literal extreme.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 3:08 pm

This is all strange. According to NT social rules, if you are nice to somebody you expect them to be nice in return. If this doesn't happen, then people typically stop being nice. It's very odd if this rule wouldn't apply to relationships and dating.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 5:09 pm

SJW's are toxic but I don't see this as a L&D issue in particular.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 1:35 am

Aaendi wrote:
That Fireball Dragon guy, who "knew" me from COD thinks that way. He thinks that because he calls himself a "feminist" that he had some moral high ground over me. He thinks I'm an as*hole just because I'm not letting him take advantage of me. This is why he keeps telling me that "nobody owes me anything for being nice to them, but I should be nice to them anyway, and not expect anything in return." He means it to the most literal extreme.

There are some preachy, holier-than-though feminists out there... sure. They typically aren't very good at being feminists. They mean well, but their approach to problems is just to point fingers at people without doing anything constructive. It sounds like you've run in to some of these types. What you've got sounds kind of like a Fireball Dragon problem rather than an "SJW"/feminist problem. This is a person who is apparently being a pompous ass, and his views on these matters don't change that. You should act accordingly. It sounds like he is just using this stuff to feel like he's better than you. You do not have to put up with that crap.

More broadly I'll focus on what I know, since I'm not privy to your interactions with this person. I myself am a feminist and going by what a lot of people mean when they say "SJW" I'm one of those as well. I get this stuff.

What's meant when talking about how you are not owed things for being nice is pretty simple: you do not have the right to a person's time or attention simply because you feel you are being nice to them. They can choose not to give you what you want. Since this is on the L&D forum I'm going to use the specific example of "Nice Guys".

A "Nice Guy" acts in what he believes is a kind, polite and chivalrous manner towards women. He hopes that in doing this, women will be attracted to him and give him their affection. However, it is quite possible that his behavior is not being perceived as nice and more importantly; any given woman might just not find him attractive for whatever reason. The "Nice Guy" gets upset at this. That's what we mean when we talk about entitlement. A person like this thinks of women like sex vending machines where if you put in enough Nice Tokens (TM) you get laid. That because he is being such a gentleman, it's cruel for a woman not to repay him with sex.

That's not how it works, though. Are you attracted to every woman who is nice to you? I'm going to guess not. I'd imagine there are some you might find unappealing as possible sexual partners. The same thing works with the gender flipped.

Does that make sense to you?

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2016, 10:30 am

AJisHere wrote:
What's meant when talking about how you are not owed things for being nice is pretty simple: you do not have the right to a person's time or attention simply because you feel you are being nice to them. They can choose not to give you what you want. Since this is on the L&D forum I'm going to use the specific example of "Nice Guys".

A "Nice Guy" acts in what he believes is a kind, polite and chivalrous manner towards women. He hopes that in doing this, women will be attracted to him and give him their affection. However, it is quite possible that his behavior is not being perceived as nice and more importantly; any given woman might just not find him attractive for whatever reason. The "Nice Guy" gets upset at this. That's what we mean when we talk about entitlement. A person like this thinks of women like sex vending machines where if you put in enough Nice Tokens (TM) you get laid. That because he is being such a gentleman, it's cruel for a woman not to repay him with sex.

That's not how it works, though. Are you attracted to every woman who is nice to you? I'm going to guess not. I'd imagine there are some you might find unappealing as possible sexual partners. The same thing works with the gender flipped.

They always use sex as a straw man argument because they can't come up with a valid argument. Nobody expects them to have sex.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 10:43 am

There are entire websites full of people who absolutely do expect sex. The attitude is very prevalent among "Red Pill" communities.

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2016, 2:50 pm

Aaendi wrote:
The whole BS that I should be treated like s**t regardless of how nice I am to them, because of their stupid mantra "no one owes you anything for being nice", but I'm somehow obligated to continue giving everything I have to them even though the outcome is always exactly the same.

What's also BS is they never practice what they preach about "oweing" and "entitlement". If they think people are obligated to be unconditionally nice to them, why are they unconditionally as*holes?

BTW, this thread doesn't have anything to do with dating. It's just in the dating section because SJWs revolve everything around sex.

I live in Chicago and lived through and beyond a White Flight in one of the most Liberal cities in the country. Some people refuse to listen to the other side of the equation they cannot see beyond what they've been told. Some people grow up being forced fed, you're owed this and that which in turn creates bullies and hostile people.

Which is the reason why I am one of the few Republicans in Chicago.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm

You're not obligated to be nice to anyone, so why would you be nice to pushy SJWs? I wouldn't.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 3:38 pm

HisShadowX wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

I live in Chicago and lived through and beyond a White Flight in one of the most Liberal cities in the country. Some people refuse to listen to the other side of the equation they cannot see beyond what they've been told. Some people grow up being forced fed, you're owed this and that which in turn creates bullies and hostile people.

The left might have these SJW types, but the right has the fundies...which are just as bad about trying to push their morals on everyone else.

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2016, 3:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
HisShadowX wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

The left might have these SJW types, but the right has the fundies...which are just as bad about trying to push their morals on everyone else.

They do but at this point the right is a minority. I am for fighting for the underdog but I grew up on theories of you have to be tolerant say in this are and experience the wrath of a community that hates me. I am older now and handle it in very different ways. I live in perhaps the worst area in Chicago and if anything you have to learn how control fear and respect in areas like this and no one should have to live like that.

FRBLDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2016, 1:38 pm

Hey, Aaendi. The first time I met you at CoD, you were screaming your head off about an argument you had with your mother or whatever. Remember that? You were HOLLERING TO YOURSELF ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS.

Does that really sound like the best way to make a good impression?

And BTW, I gave up feminism a long time ago, just because I didn't wanna be lumped with the lunatic radicals.

But I assume you're gonna use my giving up of feminism to say something "GOOD! You should have never been a feminist in the first place! Feminists are misandrists and blah blah blah I'm changing the subject to avoid my mistakes!"

People, I had to take half a Spring semester with this guy, and he was UNBEARABLE. Always whining, always making stupid half-hearted attempts at trying to be funny. Always FLAILING HIS HANDS LIKE A MANIAC to de-stress, to the point where he had to be taken out of A COLLEGE CLASS LIKE A CHILD IN GRADE SCHOOL.

Yeah, this happened IRL. Aaendi did this IN REAL LIFE.

He got expelled later on for even worse behavior, like he should have, and that's why I didn't see him for the rest of the semester.

Then he just decides to post about his troubles with women on DeviantArt, here, arts and entertainment forums, places which HAVE NO ROOM FOR THESE SORTS OF TOPICS...

And one time, when I argued with him on YouTube, he replied with stuff like "Just because I have a bad reputation doesn't mean I deserve it" and "I wouldn't have done that if you CoD idiots treated me like a decent human being!"

WOW. Do you honestly believe NOTHING is ever your fault?

Do you honestly believe you're physically incapable of making mistakes?

I have no power over you, and I know it.

However, YOU have power over your own actions. You and no one else.

So in other words, EVERY MISTAKE YOU'VE EVER MADE WAS YOUR FAULT.

Stop thinking that getting women to like you is what life is all about, and just GROW UP!

FRBLDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2016, 1:46 pm

AJisHere wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

There are some preachy, holier-than-though feminists out there... sure. They typically aren't very good at being feminists. They mean well, but their approach to problems is just to point fingers at people without doing anything constructive. It sounds like you've run in to some of these types. What you've got sounds kind of like a Fireball Dragon problem rather than an "SJW"/feminist problem. This is a person who is apparently being a pompous ass, and his views on these matters don't change that. You should act accordingly. It sounds like he is just using this stuff to feel like he's better than you. You do not have to put up with that crap.

More broadly I'll focus on what I know, since I'm not privy to your interactions with this person. I myself am a feminist and going by what a lot of people mean when they say "SJW" I'm one of those as well. I get this stuff.

Feel better than him? He's the one who threw a temper tantrum in COLLEGE like a kindergartner!

Look up "3d class interupted by craziness", and click on the DA journal link.

He admitted it was him, and he doesn't feel guilty about it. He only feels guilty for getting called out on it.

Also, he's made SEVERAL MISOGYNISTIC THREADS on DeviantArt and various VARIOUS other websites.

He even used two different of his online accounts under two usernames (Aaendi and Dragonboy) and tried to pass them off as him and different person altogether as a desperate attempt to try and make his own opinions validated!

All this guy cares about is being right! He's a narcissistic prick who likes his own comments on YouTube! He literally did that!

If you told him to go screw himself, he'd probably say "Believe me. I've looked into it.", through like, cloning or whatever, because THAT'S HOW MUCH HE'S IN LOVE WITH HIS UNJUSTIFIABLY ARROGANT SELF!

FRBLDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2016, 1:59 pm

rdos wrote:
This is all strange. According to NT social rules, if you are nice to somebody you expect them to be nice in return. If this doesn't happen, then people typically stop being nice. It's very odd if this rule wouldn't apply to relationships and dating.

On this very forum, Aaendi had likened social interaction to a business transaction:

Aaendi wrote:
I completely disagree with your logic. You're implying that being nice is a requirement for being a decent person, yet at the same time people who lack the skills of being nice are still "more decent" than people who are nice. Your argument that nobody deserves anything from being nice is completely flawed. It goes against the logic of trade. There is no logical reason why anybody should do something they don't have to for others if they don't want to, and they're not going to get rewarded for it. Yet, it's the bare minimum?

Man, even SPOCK isn't that logical and emotionless.

And later on that very thread:

Aaendi wrote:
Oh, you mean that type of nice. I thought you meant nice as giving Osama Bin Ladin a birthday present.

It's LADEN, first of all. Second, my thoughts on that were pretty much the exact same as the next post after:

Who_Am_I wrote:
No, the term for that is "stupid". Unless the person giving the present is his brother or best friend or something.

Also:
Aaendi wrote:
I've never been bullied physically, but I've been bullied emotionally by the girls at college. When a girl claims you're making her feel very uncomfortable, go ahead and piss her off, and make it clear it was her fault. I find they usually admit they are sorry if you prove your not someone to fool around with.

Ignoring the mistaking "your" for "you're", this guy thinks forcing people to stop calling him out on his mistakes is proper behavior, since nothing he ever does is wrong, everything bad that happens to him is someone else's fault, and that if you whine loud enough and long enough, you can get the world handed to you on a silver platter.

Fnord wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
TM1337FalconPunch wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
LeLetch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
I actually do fit the mold of their ideal boyfriend...
Evidence, please? If you were "Ideal", then you'd be a boyfriend to one of them.
...because women only care about the success a man has, not who the man is, or what he does.
Thus, by your reasoning, "Success" is part of the ideation, and a man could not be any woman's "ideal man" by virtue of being unsuccessful.
Hold on Fnord. All women suck. Wouldn't better advice be... a Man?
No, because if - as you say - "all women suck", there is no point in a man dating a man. In my opinion, the OP seems to (1) have an exaggerated opinion of his attractiveness, (2) believe he knows what all women want, and (3) believe that he will never be "good enough" to meet a woman's standards of an ideal man. In other words, he refuses to look to himself for any reason as to why he can not attract a woman.
Another idiot with no real world experience. If you think getting a girlfriend is so simple, why don't you get out and look for one!
lol? I'm pretty sure hes married...
I'm pretty sure he's not.

I am married, and have been for nearly a quarter-century.

Any more ignorant assumptions? :roll:

Aaendi wrote:
The US government gets their "current" official rape statistics from a 30 year old servey that counted things like drunk consensual sex or "unwanted advances" as rape. They could easily take the FBI reported number of women raped, divide that by the consensus reported number of females, and boom, an accurate up to date rape statistic that isn't "1 out of 4."

Jesus Christ, HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO GO TO BLAME OTHER PEOPLE FOR YOUR MISTAKES?! USING THE US GOVERNMENT AS A SCAPEGOAT?! JUST ADMIT YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH WOMEN AND SOCIALIZING IN GENERAL, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 2:09 pm

Just read the DA story :lol:
This is some Encyclopaedia Dramatica level stuff.