Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 7:44 pm

randomeu wrote:
oooh yeah ive seen those ones in overwatch, i play mercy most of the time so this kills me when i see it, i can add my own one here: "hmm mercy is keeping us all alive, better not protect her, infact ill just push further ahead then anyone else so that mercy has to jump into a hail of bullets to get to me, yes this works"

Yeah, pretty much.

Whenever I'm playing support, I just make the automatic assumption that teammates are not going to protect me, so I need to be good at dodging bad situations and preventing enemies from getting a bead on me in the first place.

Luckily with Mercy her flight thing lets her get around really easily. And Lucio can get around even easier (since he doesnt need a target like Mercy does in order to use his movement ability, the wall-running thing).

One other thing that always annoys me in games like this though: people not understanding what tanks are for. See it all the time, players that think that tanks should be running around getting kills like the offensive characters do. Not how it works! With D.Va, the way I do it is basically to be as irritating and distracting as conceivably possible, getting enemies to fire at ME rather than fire at my teammates. Or, I can dive in front of a teammate that's being attacked, and activate Defense Matrix to absorb some shots for them in a very Rhinehart-ish fashion, while they fire away at the enemy. Yes, D.Va can get kills well enough, and so can Roadhog (who I also use) and the others, but it's not REALLY what their main role is.

One good thing though is Rhinehart himself: He's SO completely geared towards the "absorb damage, protect team" role that it's really, REALLY stupidly obvious even to dense players that this is exactly what he should be doing. He's the least likely to be used incorrectly. The others though... ugh. I often just do the tanking myself (which is fine, I like that role) because I know other players are likely to just go the "GOTTA GET TEH KILLS" route.

McBlitzen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2018, 12:55 pm

Hey, I'm lvl 558 rn, 2937 sr, and I'm also looking for buddies.

I main Widowmaker (140 hours), McCree, Pharah and Reinhardt

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2018, 11:53 am

my overwatch username tomgov on pc if you wondered

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 12:25 pm

I haven't played the game since about the time of my previous post. For those currently playing has the game changed all that much in the last year and a half? Specifically, how does Reaper do now-a-days? He was by far my favorite, gank, gank, gank-a-tank and the healer too for good measure....mmm, tasty.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2018, 9:35 am

Aristophanes wrote:
I haven't played the game since about the time of my previous post. For those currently playing has the game changed all that much in the last year and a half? Specifically, how does Reaper do now-a-days? He was by far my favorite, gank, gank, gank-a-tank and the healer too for good measure....mmm, tasty.

Reaper's still great. He can eat tanks all day, and best of all he doesn't have healing orbs anymore. He literally heals himself just by attacking. It's awesome.

Squidnee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2018, 11:20 am

i'd like too have some overwatch buddies as well :D i don't think i'll use a mike just yet but maybe in the future :D

blueblood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2018, 3:12 pm

My two offence mains are reaper and genji and my defense mains are hanzo and widow-maker and my tank main is D.va and my support mains are Zenatta and now Brigitte

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 6:44 pm

I started playing again a few weeks ago. Reapers healing is a joke (always was really, so no surprise there, half his kit has always been useless). That said, I’ve fallen in love with Moira, she’s the only healer in the game with real suvivability (not counting brigette, but she’ll be nerfed soon I believe- way too much burst damage for a support)

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

16 Apr 2018, 2:14 am

Just start getting into Overwatch again after a 6 month hiatus.

I main the following:

Off
- Solder 76
- Sombra
- Pharah

Def
- Mei (me favorite <3)
- Hanzo (if I'm feeling ambitious)

Tank
- Dva
- Reiner

Support (I love support for the most part)

- Zenyatta
- Bridgette (Just started using her. She f*****g rocks)
- Lucio
- Moira (Just started using her as well. Also awesome)

I play mostly in the evening (MST). PM me your battle.net ID if you want to add me.